Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

L2A Mini Season

Poster: A snowHead
On an even sadder note I believe from local sources that someone who had a very long bad fall on the closed Diable piste a few days has died. Makes you think hard I skied down the equally as dangerous closed Valentine about the same time. Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thats terribly sad. We were in the resort at the time and met someone who saw the incident. I believe the local constabulary began to police the closed pistes after the accident. On another note any travel insurance would be invalid if the pistes are closed. Take care folks.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I guess they close the pistes with good reason. Usually.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Hurtle, I read a while ago about not skiing a closed piste. The reason is that you have no idea why it's closed. It might only be because of snow conditions, but maybe it's something more. As you say, it's closed for a reason and you can't know the reason just by observation.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sad and many skiing the closed pistes that day hadn't a clue what conditions would be like. An English instructor told me that night that he skied one and it frightened him.

Super day today skiing with friends and their young kids this afternoon. Did 9 - 5.15. Even did a few park jumps but cut this short after helping out with a young lad who had broken his arm Sad Pisteurs were superb though.

Relaxing day on quiet pistes with a long lunch with a friend tomorrow. Rest day Sunday.

Lower down runs are really struggling now. Crete upward still superb Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Had a look at a few f the webcams today@Claude B, the base looks quite sad Sad

But the rest looks nice.

Hope you enjoy what's left if your stay, and thanks for all the updates you've done.

(If I find a SUPER deal for January I might give it another bash Laughing )
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rest day today, it's scorching in resort. Yesterday was the best social skiing day I think I've ever had Happy Great company, super weather, deserted slopes, superb lunch, a bit of fun with the head cam (1st use this winter) and a quick boogie at the Pano Bar Closing party, fantastic. Tomorrow, skiing then Ikea in Grenoble Shocked
Cute video I made (sound not great)

http://youtube.com/v/s8JxBe5iwac
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Been scorching the last few days ideal for a bit of skiing a nice lunch and a few beers on the sun. Finally got over to La Grave today. Very hot and heavy going though. Just did one run down to P2 then the heavy uphill slog back.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Been pissing down for 2 days freezing point about 2500m. Friend I've spent a lot of time with for past 2 weeks leaves tomorrow and she's desperate to use the last day of her pass up. I went up for an hour yesterday and got very wet and told her not to bother. We spent the afternoon sorting a few things out for her recently bought apartment instead. We were going to go up early today but its grim and ESF friend messaged that vis is awful. We will go up a bit later but it might just be a tour of hot choc stops. Snow forecast for the weekend with similar freezing point. Really quietening down for me now but still a couple of pals about next week to ski with.

Leaving next weekend and sorting out next year, might be a bit longer, 10 weeks just isn't long enough Toofy Grin

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 17-04-15 8:15; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Claude B wrote:

Today Skitow and his 2 children came over and I rounded up a few more youngsters I know who are here atm to make a nice group. Suffering now though, skiing for over 6 hours with 5 16 - 20 year olds who've all skied since they were 3 is too much for my old bones.

(

A bit of a late reply I know, but thanks again for the tour, great day. Look forward to next year.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@skitow, Me too Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Went up at lunchtime and we met a couple more friends and it was grim skied 20 yds to the resto at the top of the lift. After a quick hot choc the girls sent Andy me up further to investigate. As expected vis was dreadful and the snow really heavy. We were resigned to hanging around until happy hour at 3, having a couple and going down. It started to clear and my friend was very keen in trying a couple of runs as she's off home today. We went up to the glacier where it was clear and did a couple of runs on signal before skiing back to Crete. That kept her happy. My really lively mates are all going today so I feel a rest coming on, I really have been burning the candle at both ends for the last fortnight.

Still got a few skiing mates around and its clearing nicely so will go up in a while. Valentine is looking very sad now with some big holes appearing Sad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Claude B, thanks for all your reports - they've been very helpful Very Happy What's the feeling locally, with regard to the new blue to base? I was there in January and the huge info boards at the lift stations seem to suggest progress had been good last summer but is it on track to be open for next winter? We're back mid-Jan next year and another way down would be great Very Happy Thanks
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well done on surviving at your advanced age! I really do hope to join you again next season. Have a good summer.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Montana, will be open, ESF guy I know refers to it as blouge Toofy Grin Does wipe out some nice off piste too which upsets some. Good for punters who want to ski back though which is good for resort.

@welshskier, would be good to catch up again.

Had a few hours up alone today, first time alone for nearly a month. Very warm had to watch where you want.

Watching Arsenal atm ET FFS Shocked
snow report
@Claude B, thanks, the less-confident in my group will be pleased to hear 😊. Downloading via the Diable (the best lift for our accommodation) isn't a hardship but it's nice to be able ski back
snow report
Just back from a great week of spring skiing ourselves. Beginning of the week was stunning - if a tad warm. Some very red faces and panda eyes around the resort!
When the weather changed on Thursday and Friday we fought through and managed to find some powder and a bit of off piste on Thursday afternoon and Friday morning around Signal (which all week was an absolute dream!)
Was particularly brilliant to spend 3 hours with Rod Frazer on Thursday morning - highly recommend Rod to anyone going to L2A (as I think many snowheads have before) regardless of your skiing ability - made a huge jump in my carving for the end of the week - and his mountain knowledge is superb - was mainly his guiding between / off piste that helped us find the bowls of knee deep powder blown by the strong winds off the glacier and around signal!
Was my first time skiing quite this late in the season and actually really enjoyed it! Had to be a bit tactical later on in the day and after a few days powering through the thicker snow late on - we tended to end be week starting earlier and enjoying the après (and double digit temps) in the afternoon!
I hear there was supposed to be quite a bit of fresh snow due on Monday? Was very strange to see the resort, Diable etc looking quite sad - particularly in comparison to when we were in L2A back in Jan when the metre or so fell in a couple of days.
@Montana, did you find the Diable download a bit hairy? We were staying on that side of the resort too and it's a great lift and stunning views... But even without a fear of heights or vertigo - one trip down was quite enough for me!
ski holidays
@abbosphere, can't say I did, no, but I was usually with someone and chatting - the views ARE stunning Very Happy
latest report
Only skied for 2.5 hours today, cloud was winning at that stage. Snow on glacier was fantastic and back down Valentine again, a bit more of my home run gone. Photo of Valentine and Champame from yesterday. Actually not that much worse than in the last week last year. https://flic.kr/p/rSGJRD
ski holidays
@abbosphere, try the scare chair at Alpe D'Huez then. No problem at all with Diable download ,Happy
ski holidays
Loverly sunny day with beautiful snow on the glacier and lively softening snow lower as the day wore on. Had a nice gentle social ski with a bunch of friends this afternoon but couldn't resist letting rip a couple of times Happy As came down near 5 avoided Valentine as I suspect it would be carnage. Even downloading on lift is precarious having to take skis off as there's no snow at the bottom.
snow conditions
Claude B wrote:
Loverly sunny day with beautiful snow on the glacier and lively softening snow lower as the day wore on. Had a nice gentle social ski with a bunch of friends this afternoon but couldn't resist letting rip a couple of times Happy .

Expensive business doing a mini season? Can only afford beans to eat?
ski holidays
@T Bar, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Baked beans are very expensive out here I'll let you know Happy

Just working on next season looks like 13 weeks Happy
latest report
Fantastic day of spring skiing in the sun with Easiski and a bunch of friends Happy Against my better judgement I came down the Valentine about 4.30. It was actually fantastic, I think the fact that its only a third of its usual width has put a lot of people off. Lovely slushy snow, I came down it as fast as I ever have Happy
latest report
With 13 weeks next year I'll change the title to midi season Happy
snow report
Another great day in the sun with a couple of friends. Less layers than ever today and still plenty warm enough. I took one of them down what used to be called the Grand Couloir for her first time. Ironically her fiancée is an ESF instructor Happy

Planning a big day tomorrow if the weather is kind.
ski holidays
Big ski yesterday. As I'm 56 and it was 56 ski day of winter I was aiming for 56km and 10000m vert. Smashed it with 68.6/11000 in 7 hours. Friend gave me moral support in the afternoon which was good.

7 of us including easiski meeting up today weather looks great. Tomorrow doesn't. Then closed and home Sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Claude B, enjoy your last few days. Thanks for all your reports.
snow report
@dobby, Very Happy

Another hot sunny day with easiski and a few other friends. Found some lovely soft off piste on the glacier and further down. Described by Charlotte as like clotted cream Happy

Rain/snow forecast for tomorrow will ski but probably not for long.
snow report
Just an hour today, wouldn't have bothered at all had it not been closing day. Snow and bad vis and loads of lifts closed. Pissing down in resort now. Cleaning and packing and a couple of goodbyes then off tomorrow.

FB thanks was 60 or so people :-O Not met many Snowheads here this year just Nick D, Skitow and katedenhaag.

Season stats, 58 days, 1771 km, 288452 m vert (almost 33 Everests)

Looking at 13 weeks next winter and a couple in the summer, if I enjoy that as much as I expect buying a place becomes a no brainer Happy
ski holidays
Thanks @Claude B, your thread has been one if my guilty pleasures whilst the boss hasn't been looking. hope you have a safe journey home.

KM
latest report
@kiteman69, Happy

Massive last night in L2A, popped into the Boardroom to say goodbye to a couple of friends at 6.30 and got back at 2.30. Shocked Closing night party for locals and it was really wild. I spent most of the night singing and dancing (even on the bar at one time). Massive hangover this morning not great for apartment cleaning. Now in Burgundy staying with the owners of the apartment talking about next year Happy
snow conditions
Home, feeling flat in many ways! Decided on way home to buy so efforts will be concentrated in that direction.

If that comes off in time I'll probably stay out most of next winter.

Body is far less broken this year but I'm off to the physio for a good sports massage on Friday. Bizarrely my legs suffered more from Saturdays dancing than from all the skiing Shocked
latest report
Claude B wrote:
Body is far less broken this year but I'm off to the physio for a good sports massage on Friday. Bizarrely my legs suffered more from Saturdays dancing than from all the skiing Shocked

Laughing

I've always found the same, so much so, in our sking crowd, there IS a condition known as Dancer's Bum - the particular combination of aches and pains left after a night/day such as you describe.

Glad you had such a great time; good luck with the potential purchase. Exciting! Very Happy
snow report
@Montana, Very Happy thanks. Mine is mainly hamstrings, I really can't do the twist like I used to and climbing onto a very high bar didn't help Shocked
ski holidays
@Claude B, great thread, I've been dipping in and out of it all season.

Bit flat? Wait til you've been back two weeks Sad I'm beginning to wonder if mine was all a dream Sad

Good luck with your purchase plans, that will keep you going Very Happy
snow report
From Saturday night, I'm the one nearest with the pink feather boa, leather stetson and sparkly glasses Embarassed probably similar in age to the combined ages of the other 3 Shocked

ski holidays
[quote="Claude B"]From Saturday night, I'm the one nearest with the pink feather boa, leather stetson and sparkly glasses Embarassed probably similar in age to the combined ages of the other 3 Shocked

Age is just a number 😊. Bet THEY didn't feel much better than you, the next day Laughing
snow report
But they didn't have to pack, clean the apartment and leave Very Happy Everyone in the bar was french apart from me and a friend who is fluent and lives there with an ESF instructor. Most welcoming though Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy