Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

L2A Mini Season

Poster: A snowHead
Another sunny day although the wind was cold up high. There wasn't that much fresh snow in evidence although we did a few crusty off piste runs. Still fine higher up but some of the lower slopes are really suffering.

Nick D and family coming over from Alps D'Huez tomorrow and I'm going over there Saturday.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Continuing sun and high temperatures. Still fine highe up but resort slopes are receding by the day. Good day here yesterday with Nick D in fact we had a huge group at one time. Off to see him in ADH tomorrow. Rest day Sunday.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Claude B, looking at the resort level run in the webcam, it looks a bit thin now? I suspect by next week it will be downloading in lifts only.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
NickyJ, Guess you're here by now. Blacks still open and green too I think.

Nice relaxed day in the sun in Alpe D'Huez with Nick D. Heavy going in the afternoon though.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Claude B, cool, no we fly out tomorrow morning.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
NickyJ, Forgot MW are Sunday start. Not skiing today but sunny with a little cloud about.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
View from the balcony this morning
L2A
and after the last dump 3 weeks ago
L2A
Lower slopes are receding fast on a daily basis but it's stil fine up the mountain. Just need to plan where/when you ski to get the best out of it, the snow on the glacier is superb anytime, lower slopes need to be given a little time to soften.

They've opened a mountain bike run down to Venosc, seems a bit odd seeing mountain bikers around during the ski season, I don't think I have before, shops all have bikes on show.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Demoiselles is closed as is Pied Moutet (other side) home runs really suffering doubt mine will last the week.

I actually had a really good day, although sunny a strengthening wind higher made it feel cooler. Skied 50 km so there's still plenty of snow to play on Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Claude B, we had great skiing higher up today, getting started was a little dodgy trying to take the green across from the hotel to the bottom of Jandri Express (do I have that name right?) chunks of it had no snow on.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
NickyJ, Belle Etoile is better for you, can still just make it, that's my home lift.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Claude B, thanks, we'll do that tomorrow, especially as it was a long queue for it as well.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Very windy today closed everything above 2900m and led to some very slick runs.

Rule 5 though to the whinging Brit at a lower queue this morning moaning that he couldn't ski as the wind was blowing him backwards.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Claude B, thanks for the tips. Had a good time despite the wind, except when we went to try the black run down towards the place we are staying to find it closed around 11am (I wanted to try it while I was still relatively fresh), to find it and all the green runs down completely closed which left loads of people with no choice to go back up the Crete chair. Took 40min to get onto from the resulting scrum. Sad

It was open when we finished but my legs were tired and I am not going to risk anything at this stage.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
NickyJ, Valentine is closed until around lunchtime as icy and to save it a little. All other runs down closed. Looking over Diable from friends place tonight it's really had it. Can't see me being able to ski down by end of next week. Windy am tomorrow apparently but better pm, lay in.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Avoided the wind by going up at 11 and had a great day. Samsung Snowjam (Belgian Championships) on in the park. They really do get some air although this isn't the greatest of shots.

L2A

11cm of snow forecast for Sunday Happy Looks like that will be my rest day then! All the locals and instructors I've spoken to can't wait for the end of the season (26th) they're all exhausted.
snow report
More sun yesterday although today has seen a change with cloud, flattish light, light snow and much colder. Skitow coming over with his 2 teens from ADH tomorrow which will be nice.

Easiski has just proposed a bit of an adventure for Sunday involving La Grave and a closed L2A which sounds fun if the weather is good, would end things on a high Happy
snow report
I can't believe you are still going strong - I'm playing golf in shorts! Great to ski with you and maybe next year! Enjoy La Grave again.
snow report
welshskier, Thanks Happy

It's turned colder today and is snowing right down to resort. Had a good day with Skitow today and came down just before 4. Rest day tomorrow and my skis desperately need servicing.
snow conditions
Horrible here ATM. Rain at resort level snow above 2000m but vis books awful. Probably wont go up.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 21-04-14 10:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Yes, rubbish day here too (ADH), a good day for emails (me) and revising (kids). Last day tomorrow so might get the morning in according to the forecast.
Claude B, Thanks again for the LDA tour, very enjoyable day. Still plenty of skiing there, if the sun comes out again Sad Enjoy your last week and your trip on Sunday.
latest report
Love it when a plan comes together Happy out at 9 and although nearest lift was closed up nice and early. Snow and sun were superb. Back down just after 1 as cloud started to win Happy
latest report
Great day today. Overnight snow and blue skies for much of the day made for great conditions especially on the glacier. Made the most of it with the fat (for me) skis and found some nice off piste for much of the day. This lead to my most spectacular face plant of the winter Happy

Things really winding down here with lifts, restaurants, etc closing. Quite quiet too.
snow report
Quote:

This lead to my most spectacular face plant of the winter

but you survived unscathed??
ski holidays
pam w, Yes thanks a nice soft landing Happy
snow report
Good. when are you heading home? I am now back - lifts open till Friday but the weather this week looked soggy and dull and there are loads of spring jobs to be done at home. Any plans for another season?
snow report
pam w, Leave Sunday either in the morning or later in the day if the LA Grave jaunt comes off.

Today was a really nice sunny day but lower slopes got very heavy. Snow forecast for tomorrow with sun returning Saturday.
ski holidays
Was in 2 minds whether to go up today but got 3 hours in while the weather was reasonable. Places closing all over the mountain and resort I'd Bette take food up with me tomorrow which is closing day.
snow report
Just looked at forecast 22cm at the top this afternoon and tonight with sun in the morning Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lifts closed all over Sad Great last day skiing with easiski and others. A great reasonable amount of snow overnight and Charlotte found some great off piste Happy So 55 days skiing survived relatively unscathed.

LA Grave off tomorrow forecast is awful.

Will do a bit of a review when home. Oh and start sorting next year Happy
ski holidays
Claude B wrote:
Oh and start sorting next year Happy

That's the way to do it Very Happy
latest report
Claude B, thanks for all the reports.
ski holidays
Grrr, sods law. Day after lifts close I woke up to this, 2" of snow at resort level, must be a lot up top. Will help for the summer though.

L2A
snow report
Typical Claude B,
ski holidays
Been back since Monday evening, got withdrawal symptoms Sad

Firstly thanks to the Snowheads I met and/or skied with while I was away easiski, Richard E, Simon Perry, Welshskier, pam w, jo225 (and Pete), Nick D, Skitow, Hells Bells, Mr Bojangles, Wags, Anniegirl, sure I've missed some. I also met and skied with loads of other lovely peple there, one of the advantages of already having many contacts in resort.

Great experience, did my skiing the world of good. Not enough fresh snow and too warm in part 2, this did limit the other resorts I got too (couldn't see any point in travelling for worse conditions, only made Alpe D'Huez and Serre Chevalier) and I also didn't build on my off piste skills as much as I'd hoped after the course in January.

Not as expensive as you'd think. I got a good deal on an apartment and the season ticket only worked out about £10 per skiing day for 55 days skiing. I didn't go mad partying (apart from the odd exception wink ) but just had a couple of beers in a bar most evenings also using the wifi. As you get known you can get seasonnaires discount and the french bars tend to give you a free beer every so often. I only ate out when there were people around, didn't bother alone. I did have a snack on the mountain during the day but that only averaged about 5 euros.

Wil I do it again? Already starting to organise something very similar next year Happy
ski holidays
Quote:

Not enough fresh snow and too warm in part 2, this did limit the other resorts I got too (couldn't see any point in travelling for worse conditions, only made Alpe D'Huez and Serre Chevalier) and I also didn't build on my off piste skills as much as I'd hoped after the course in January

Absolutely typical reaction - before buying my apartment I thought the only reason I was not a ski god was because of just skiing one or two weeks a year. After skiing loads of weeks one realises there might be other reasons...... wink

So one season is never enough. Hope springs eternal.......

Glad to hear you're going next year,Claude B. Quite apart from the skiing it's much the best way of escaping the UK winter.

To make it even more affordable maybe you could find a temporary lodger for your UK house?

I have just returned from the gym having done the first lot of the exercises the physio gave me yesterday for my left knee, which has never been great, got a bit knackered in Les Deux Alpes and didn't by any means recover fully even after fluid was taken off it, and a steroid injection given, before I went to the Birthday Bash (and the fact that the ridiculous amounts of snow meant no skiing for three of the days was probably good for my knee, if bad for the soul).
ski holidays
Claude B, now get on your bike!
snow conditions
dobby, Need to badly, cycling has suffered really badly this year.

From what I've seen it's hardly stopped snowing since the lifts closed, apparently it happens most years Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
Claude B, ironic. Just looked at the webcams and it looks much whiter on the lower slopes than when we were there. C'est La Vie
ski holidays
So next year will be 10 weeks rather than 9 as the french holidays are a week earlier. 3 weeks in January then the 7 weeks from the end of the french holidays to the end of the season. Back to L2A again Happy

Did get back on the bike today, 1st time for 4 months. Hard work although my lungs felt as if they would go forever due to being at altitude so long, the rest of the body wasn't quite as willing Happy
snow report
Quote:

next year will be 10 weeks rather than 9

snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy