Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Piste to Powder or Powder Club in St Anton?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I would really appreciate any feedback from people who have experienced both P2P and Powder Club... We're going to St Anton at the end of Feb as a family (kids are 10 and 15). Looks like they can do the Arlberg Ski school pretty flexibly which is great. The thing is, we'd like to spend at least 2 or 3 days doing some off piste guiding, which is slightly problematic given the ski school hours!

I've been with P2P before and think they're excellent, but the day is significantly longer than the ski school day. The ski school says that it can look after kids if their parents book in with Powder Club on the same day.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is whether Powder Club is as good as P2P, and if not, is it still worth it given the added convenience?

And... are there any other alternatives re. getting kids looked after? (the 10 year old in particular).

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've done both and would say that p to p edge it as far as the guiding is concerned. Although, I've only had a single day with the Powder Club following a humungous dump of snow over new year a couple of years ago. It was a Saturday and p to p were only taking private bookings so I just rocked up to the Powder Club, not wanting to miss out on the conditions. I was placed with a German speaking group and was the only Brit and beginning to feel like the poor relation. Then the guide arrived and announced in English that he didn't speak any German, only Greek, Italian and English! Some of the German faces dropped a bit but we had pretty awesome day.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,
I'm in exactly the same situation as the OP. Need to put the kids in schi school whilst we get some guiding. Powderscub/Arlbergschi school seems to be the only option.

Anyone got any views, good or bad about them?

cheers
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy