Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez - Les Deux Alpes link for 2018?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.alpedhueznet.com/events/news/link-between-alpe-d-huez-and-les-deux-alpes-announced.html

This has popped up in the rumour mill from time to time and not sure an unattributed rumour from the Ski Show holds much water. AND the planned arrangement with no intermediate stops sounds dumb. What say the snowheads?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've just asked a couple of the locals on FB if they know anything. I'll report back. It would be superb if it were to happen.

I would have thought a station, with a big car park, down near the barrage or somewhere just off the main road would have been sensible. It would enable access to either side without having to drive up the mountain.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Claude B, I could see the point of it if there was a carpark at the bottom
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno, Would be an expensive white elephant IMHO if it ever happened which I doubt. Auris is a terrible staging point due to its unreliable snow cover early & late season.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I haven't seen anything more reliable about this - Perhaps Davidof may have heard more? I would have thought such a decision would have created a fanfare we would all hear? The last I saw it was in abeyance, This blog has some stuff about it: http://atla.over-blog.com/article-petition-contre-l-extension-de-l-alpe-d-huez-120656840.html

Interesting to read in there the mooted idea of a link between ADH and St Sorlin (les sybelles). Not heard of this one before, in some ways makes more sense! I notice Alpedhueznet completely ignore the existance of les sybelles (310 kms) in their top 5 list.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andyrew, Was going to say the St Sorlin link would be far more interesting but it goes through a National Park over the Col de Couard so a no-no apparently but would make a fantastic linked domain.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andyrew, hard to link to Les Sybelles without going through some wild and fairly pristine landscape
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm with Nick D, here. It would make a nice ride with some great views Smile and a nice day out but I cannot think why, or how, anyone would finance it. Alpe d'Huez, or Huez commune, is already seriously in debt as I understand it so it's not going to come from there. SATA, that operate Alpe d'Huez lifts, (and 50% owned by the town anyway) have got enough to do unless this is some sort of reaction to Oz / Vaujany taking their toys (sorry lifts Smile )back.
The cable car up from Allemont sounds like a lot more feasible idea to me, provided the OZ lifts were upgraded as well. At least that has got some eco benefits in cutting down car journeys, not so good for traders in Alpe d'Huez perhaps though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

not sure an unattributed rumour from the Ski Show holds much water

Yeah the ADH guy at the ski show was all like "yeah this is def happening, its been anounced and now its been announced it has to happen" riiiiiighhht
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski hasn't heard anything apart from the previous rumours. However there is a presentation in resort tonight so if there is anything it will come out. She doesn't want it either.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy