Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chile July 2014

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of skiing in Chile after the World Cup in 2014. So would be after the final on 12th July. Is anyone going to be in Chile then or interested in doing a trip?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd be interested in going and have been twice before. Was thinking of a bit later though, in August, as would have difficulty getting away in July. Also, I think July is local school holiday time and the ski areas can be crowded.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Kelskii but unfortunately I am tacking the ski trip onto the end of a World Cup trip so there's no chance that my boss will let me stay until August.. I'm lucky enough to be even getting a guernsey at all!

Where have you skied in Chile and where would you recommend?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kelskii, I'm looking to go to Argentina in August/early September 2014. Interested?

dric, The three resorts around Santiago are all real easy to do, but Nevados de Chillan was my favourite.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dbeatski, hi, yes, I'd be interested in heading back to Argentina - was there in August/September of this year. Went to Bariloche/Catedral, Cerro Bayo and Esquel. Also toured in a place called Baguales and had a couple of nights at Refugio Frey, skinning over from Catedral. Which areas are you interested in visiting? Do you like ski touring?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, I've never done ski touring, but I'll pass you my email so we can discuss.

I'm interested in Cerro Castor, Cerro Catedral or maybe Caviahue and Las Lenas.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm keen on Chile in July....details or pm if you prefer.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I could be interested in Chile or Argentina after 22 July 2014
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dric, avoid the ski areas around mid-July, due to the school winter break, it is crowded and expensive. This year, this is the two weeks up to July 27. If you want to do backcountry, this is a good time to do it. That said, perhaps Portillo is the best bet if you don´t do backcountry, there are limited beds and it is far from the urban centers, so there should be fewer crowds. Arpa cat skiing is also nearby Portillo. DO check snow conditions first, they haven´t been that great in recent years.

I am new to Snowheads, but as I have lived and skied in Chile for 37 years, I should be able to clear up most doubts which any of you may have. My main recommendation is "follow the snow", that is, be flexible and go where the conditions are best. The principal ski areas of Chile cover about 10 degrees of latitude, so there can be fresh powder on one strip of that, and old snow and rocks on another. Keep an eye on conditions in the different resorts, and on the weather forecasts (snow-forecast tempered by the local weather service www.meteo.cl, can help with that), and ideally, rent a car and hit several resorts going south. Cheap lodging can always be found (winter is off season except for the kids holidays). With a car, you can easily do other interesting things besides skiing, like hitting the hot springs or vineyards, or beaches, etc., especially if the mountain weather is bad.

If anyone has questions or need a contact to put together an epic DIY, I am available.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I will be for a project in Brazil in July and August.
As I was in Chile about 10 years ago for some snowboarding I plan for a trip this season.

Klaus
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi all,

I'm skiing in Tres Valles from the 24th to 28th July. Has anyone been before? What's the snow like at the moment?

I'm also 24 and used to Apres Ski in Austria, what's the Apres like in Chile?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Stuck in Miami, Looks like there's been a bit of light snow, I'm getting into Santiago on Friday 25 July and might head to Tres Valles the following day before meeting some people on the 29th for a tour. I've been twice before and prefer La Parva and El Colorado over Valle Nevado but you'll have time to ski all three areas. Will send you a pm.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chapelco in San Martin Los Andes and Cerro Catedral in Bariloche were great fun. In the school holidays try Esquel which is further south and a bit wilder/colder/exposed but has less queues.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
... and if you hit a big dump of snow in Las Lenas it is awesome, especially at Marte which is hardly ever open.... we stayed in Malargue and transferred in/out every day which somehow means half price lift passes! Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy