Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which are the world's ten best ski resorts for scenery?

Poster: A snowHead
Chris Gill and Dave Watts, editors of 'Where to Ski and Snowboard', choose their top ten resorts for scenic drama ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/10462683/The-ten-best-scenic-ski-resorts.html

Switzerland

Jungfrau region (Wengen, Grindelwald, Murren)
St Moritz
Zermatt

Italy

Courmayeur
Madonna di Campiglio
Sella Ronda (Dolomites resorts)

France
Megeve
Chamonix

Canada

Lake Louise

USA
Heavenly
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megeve is the only one I would not agree with! Really like it too but just dont think it compares to any of the others! Maybe Sierra Nevadas in spain, diffrent type of view but quite dramatic!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fattes13, lots of great Mt Blanc vantage points from Megève. Les Contamines is even more dramatic though, IMV.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
laundryman, I know and its a relly pretty town if you can ignore the ugly fashion!!! Just think maybe there are better options out there? Levi or Are maybe? Just diffrent alot of clustering there around the Mount Blanc Massif 3 resorts
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I agree with the 6 ones in the list that I've been to (Jungfrau Region, Zermatt, Sella Ronda, Chamonix, Lake Louise and Heavenly), I can't comment on the others. However, I'd have liked to have seen Le Massif in Quebec included - the views of the slopes almost going down to the edge of the frozen St Lawrence river are amazing!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Norway and the Andean the resorts don't make it?!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It looks like a list plucked from the most popular package holiday ski resorts.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
clarky999 wrote:

The Chilean places I have been are beautiful in their own way but quite austere. Well above the treeline and the towns themselves aren't particularly attractive. I think Portillo is spectacular (so long as you aren't looking at the road running past it) but I can see it's not to everyone's taste
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Certainly agree about the Dolomites, Chamonix and Heavenly. A lesser known spectacular scenery place is Glacier Martial in Argentina. I think the furthest South ski area in the world (outside of Antarctica) has the most amazing views of the Beagle Channel:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/35392222

(Not that great skiing though, only one lift and one run as far as I can remember.)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lake Louise is stunning, I totally agree with that one Cool
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Where's Austria?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's surrounded by Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia and the Czech Republic. You can't miss it.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just might want to give it a miss.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Just think maybe there are better options out there? Levi or Are maybe?

But they don't provide a lot of competition to Megeve as the most scenic resorts in France. wink
Quote:

It looks like a list plucked from the most popular package holiday ski resorts

hardly. Most don't figure largely - or at all - in the brochures of the main British TOs.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chamonix, can't think why.

ski holidays
Quote:

hardly. Most don't figure largely - or at all - in the brochures of the main British TOs.

Megeve & Chamonix are big TO bases for british skiing, As are the 3 Swiss resorts!

JBOB Nice
ski holidays
No-one can question Zermatt though-probably the most distinctive mountain anywhere. (Going next week Madeye-Smiley !!)
snow conditions
Quote:

Megeve & Chamonix are big TO bases for british skiing

Don't agree about Megeve. Unless my quick check was mistaken Megeve, Madonna and Zermatt each appear only once in the combined resort lists of Crystal, Thomson and Inghams. and the Megeve offer is just two hotels, not mass stuff. There are plenty of resorts where all the big operators have masses of accommodation - and which don't appear on the list of the most scenic places because they're not. wink

Megeve doesn't have nearly enough "appray" for the average British package tourist. wink
snow report
Another vote for Tamworth.
latest report
pam w, exactly , and saved me typing. Megeve is not Morzine.
snow conditions
pam w, Stanford, Sbutler skiing, Earnlowe, Snowtraxx skiing, all british operators with 3 chalets or more in Megeve if memory is correct and it has a BASS ski school. If it has a BASS ski school chances are its a big British destination.
ski holidays
Lake Tahoe: sugar dusted trees and sapphire blue lake = unforgettable!
latest report
Scotland takes some beating when things are just right.

In all honesty...where is more beautiful than the panoramic pictures from shoogly in this thread:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=101916&start=40

...simply fantastic
latest report
Fraulein Glockenspiel wrote:
Lake Tahoe: sugar dusted trees and sapphire blue lake = unforgettable!

^ +1

Yes at Heavenly on one side of the mountain you've got that view over South Lake Tahoe, and on the other the view over a much drier looking part towards Nevada, a nice contrast!
latest report
Stranda, Norway looking down on to Geirangerfjord.

Narvik, Norway looking out to sea.

Whitefish Mountain Resort, Montana, USA looking down to Flathead Lake and across to Glacier National Park.
latest report
Telluride is pretty amazing scenery as well
snow report
+1 for Telluride
snow conditions
The Sella Ronda\Dolomites hard to go past. I have only been to Wengen\Grindelwald in Summer but it is spectacular. I will go there this winter to see if it looks all purty covered in white.

Smiggins 11th.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rungsp wrote:

Totally this. My three favourite skiing views that I can remember are Zermatt, Chamonix, Nevis.
snow conditions
Mr Pieholeo wrote:
rungsp wrote:

Totally this. My three favourite skiing views that I can remember are Zermatt, Chamonix, Nevis.

Agree, parts of the Scottish West Coast are simply the most gorgeous places on the planet. Just a shame Fort Bill squats there too, a lot like a genital wort.
snow report
And somewhat closer to home than the Alps or USA:
http://www.ldscsnowski.co.uk/mobile/gallery1.html
Surely ?
ski holidays
Is anybody going to take this seriously. We have had Scotland (looked very naff to me TBH) and now The Lake District. We will have Swindon next.
latest report
clarky999 wrote:

LOL! What do you expect?

Nothing from outside the Europe/N. America because that's where they sell their copy! (even there, the N.A. picks are just a token mentioning. They obviously haven't been to Taos or Telluride!)

I've been to St. Moritz. The skiing is good, the scenery is not bad. I wouldn't rank it anywhere NEAR the best of any sort. But hey, that's where's the money goes.
snow report
haven't skied there but heard New Zealand has some pretty stunning scenery
latest report
charlie.wilkinson wrote:
haven't skied there but heard New Zealand has some pretty stunning scenery

I have. It is nice but not epic like the Alps.
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith,
Quote:

It's surrounded by Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia and the Czech Republic. You can't miss it.

Oh what a wag.....
snow report
Argentina

Catedral,Bariloche.

New Zealand

Treble Cone
snow report
Quote:

- Croatia
+ Slovenia Wink

oh and
+ Liechtenstein too Wink
snow conditions
Chillfactore
latest report
Lake Tahoe, Glencoe, Sierra Nevada (Spain). 3 stunning places I've been to. The day I skied glencoe was simply amazing. There was about 20 of us that had the place to ourselves, with 2ft of Powder.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy