Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowHeads Calendar 2016 - share your pics with the world!

Poster: A snowHead
snowHeads 2016 Calendar
Closing date for submission of images is Sunday 1st November
Voting will close on Sunday 8th November

Yes, it's that time again, to share your best mountain snaps with the world!

The rules are simple: you can submit up to 3 pics taken in the past 12 months which will be judged by your fellow snow lovers. A selection of the top rated photos will be printed in the 2016 snowHeads calendar, with one on the cover.

Calendar design dictates 12 of the photos should be landscape, not portrait. (That's a sideways, as opposed to upright, orientation.) If there's a portrait pic in the top 13 when voting closes, this may be used for the cover. Mathematicians amongst you will deduce therefore that the odds of having your pic selected are better if you submit a landscape shot.

To ensure good print quality we'll need a hi-resolution version of your image. Some phone images taken low-res really won't cut it, so please check you've got decent versions of the photos you choose to submit. ("DPI is completely irrelevant. It's pixels that count. As a minimum you probably want something like 1400x1050, or better." - allanm, 13/10/14)

If you're new to this, the place to upload your entries is here: snowMedia zone (under the tab 'snowBase'), then in 'Champagne Powder' you'll find the 'Vintage 2015 - pics for the 2016 calendar' folder.

Remember to add a brief description: what it's of, and when and where it was taken.

To enter a photo already uploaded to the snowMedia zone, use the ‘edit’ function to copy it across to the 'Vintage 2015' collection. You must only submit pictures to which you own copyright, or have written permission from the copyright owner for publication. If your username on snowMediaZone isn't exactly the same as your snowHeads one - let us know who you are!

Closing date for submission of images is Sunday 1st November. Entries have already been submitted so get uploading now! Voting will be open for a further week after the closing date for submission, and the final selection will be made on Monday 9th November to ensure calendars are made and delivered in good time for Christmas. As always, winning photographers will be sent a free calendar.

Best of luck!

Note: As in previous years, the final choice will be guided by the ratings rather than defined by them, to ensure balance and variation throughout the set.

Remember: to vote for your favourites, you need to be logged into the snowMedia Zone!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 9-07-15 16:38; edited 6 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think it would be preferable for the voting to be anonymous. Also, I don't know whether it's me, but the arrows to 'more pictures' seem to operate randomly, so voting is a really clunky procedure. I'm going to wait, now, until voting closes, it's all too time-consuming at the moment, what with having to type the security info in every time as well.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've changed the settings so that if you only rate a photo it will not show that you have done so - only if you actually post a comment will that box show up. There's no need to fill in CAPTCHA code if just rating - click on the stars in the "Photo Details" box on the right of the photo and illuminate your desired number wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PS - if you don't see any stars in the "Photo Details" box make sure that your browser is configured to let sites run javascript wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The link doesnt seem to load? Is it just me?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is there going to be a thread for a 2015 calendar, or have I missed it?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
Calendar design dictates 12 of the photos should be landscape, not portrait.

Thats annoying - Most of my eligible pics are portrait.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Help.

Very first time looking at the gallery and trying to upload a photo for the calendar: have registered and looked at all the drop downs but can't figure out how to upload Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mozwold, you're still showing as unregistered which means you haven't activated your account by clicking on the link in the email you should have received from the site. I see you have registered with a Hotmail address and I suspect the zone email has been treated as spam by Hotmail. Can you check if an email is in your spam folder (or whatever Hotmail does with mail it thinks is spam) ?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is there a simple way of getting photos across from Flickr or do I need a good old download upload routine for each one? Thanks
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fraulein Glockenspiel wrote:
snowHeads 2015 Calendar .

To ensure good print quality it's absolutely essential your photos are 300dpi minimum. Some phone models take only low-res pics, so please check the properties of your file before uploading.

DPI is completely irrelevant. It's pixels that count. As a minimum you probably want something like 1400x1050, but maybe better.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
edit: double post

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 16-10-14 22:35; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My contributions:

Being there:

horizon jr's line

horizon jr's first tour
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yoda,

DOH, thanks for that. Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
All three of my entries are from the EoSB... not surprising, given it was my only snow of the year Toofy Grin

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/2014-vintage/p31833-first-light.html
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/2014-vintage/p31834-clouds-everyone-can-live-with.html
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/2014-vintage/p31835-follow-the-sun.html
ski holidays
horizon, 'Being there' is stunning!
ski holidays
ALQ, seconded!

Don't forget to log in to snowMediaZone and rate the photos. They guide the choice... assuming it's not too late! (There don't seem to be many ratings yet though - act quickly people!)

(Also remember that SMZ is a separate login from snowHeads so you may need to register there!)
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Quote:
Calendar design dictates 12 of the photos should be landscape, not portrait.

Thats annoying - Most of my eligible pics are portrait.

There will still need to be a portrait for the cover shot...
latest report
ohhh - what to do?? my snowmediazone account is full... which means i'd have to delete some of my old pictures to upload some new ones.... Sad
snow report
Bump cos I just uploaded some

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/2014-vintage/p31944-heading-down-krokelva.html
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/2014-vintage/p31943-opening-runfjellet-s-face.html
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/2014-vintage/p31942-sharkymark-inspects-the-snowpack.html
snow conditions
And please rate all the photos!
ski holidays
Arno's p31943 gets my vote. Stunning!!
snow conditions
@Schnorrr, +1! How i would love to be there!!
snow conditions
Bump: I've added some too Very Happy
ski holidays
NB. Having to enter a verification code for every vote is a tad awkward - is there no way we can vote for all the photos and just submit them all in one hit with a verification code?
latest report
@Megamum, no need for verification code for me Confused just voted on each pic as usual.
snow report
Hi - Do all the pictures in 'Vintage 2014' count as calendar entries? Your helpful instructions say look for 'Vintage 2014 - pics for the 2015 calendar' folder, but I can't see any reference to the ' - pics for the 2015 calendar' bit!

Cheers Puzzled
snow conditions
@Tele_Tubby, yes, look under the folder name vintage 2014 and it states pics for 2015 calendar Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for that swift reply, Bones. Now I look at Categories I see what you mean! My query arose because I went straight to the Upload Photos tab, and in the drop down list there it only has the name of the main folder... snowHead
ski holidays
Tele_Tubby, No problem, at least you found it Toofy Grin
ski holidays
i may be missing the obvious but how do you vote on the pictures?
snow report
@MogulMonkey, When I did it you had to scroll down under the picture on the screen and there is a ranking bar full of what I'd call 'radio buttons' and you select the one you require. I don't know if you need to be logged in to snow media or not, but if you do (which might be case if you can't see the described buttons) then a good thing when you set up the account is to use the same log-on info as you use here.
ski holidays
Ugh! Clunky voting system - hadn't realised what a mission I'd embarked on Confused But a few beautiful photos there Smile
snow report
Have the winners been announced? And where do we get a calendar from Puzzled
ski holidays
horizon wrote:
My contributions:

Being there:

horizon jr's line

horizon jr's first tour

These pictures are really lovely. I wish i were there skating around....
latest report
HELP NEEDED FOR SCHOOL PROJECT
If you've participated in or follow mogul skiing, please fill out this 10 question survey before Sunday. It'll take about 5 minutes of your time, it's completely anonymous, and I need 15 responses. Reposting is also encouraged. Thanks!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1iBMnWksSVc0tnD2Dy46Bch8l-N8HrUWCl4Uzdy7WplQ/viewform?usp=send_form
snow conditions
Taken with Mountain Mavericks Morzine - we rode all day in the Portes du Soleil with a early morning tour! Can't wait to do it again..

www.mountainmavericks.com
snow conditions
Fraulein Glockenspiel wrote:
snowHeads 2016 Calendar
Closing date for submission of images is Sunday 1st November
Voting will close on Sunday 8th November

To ensure good print quality we'll need a hi-resolution version of your image. Some phone images taken low-res really won't cut it, so please check you've got decent versions of the photos you choose to submit. ("DPI is completely irrelevant. It's pixels that count. As a minimum you probably want something like 1400x1050, or better." - allanm, 13/10/14)

If you're new to this, the place to upload your entries is here: snowMedia zone (under the tab 'snowBase'), then in 'Champagne Powder' you'll find the 'Vintage 2015 - pics for the 2016 calendar' folder.

The originals of my photos were 3264 x 2448, but the uploaded photos in the snowmediazone show as 1024 x 768, I take it that is normal and not a problem?
latest report
@Alastair Pink, The other year I was asked to email a higher res pic when mine was chosen for the calendar.
ski holidays
ok, thats nice
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy