Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FIS calls on sports bodies to oppose Qatar winter soccer World Cup

Poster: A snowHead
Following a council meeting late on Sunday, the FIS has called on all winter sports governing bodies to oppose any plan to stage the 2022 soccer World Cup in the winter. It has planned to agree on a resolution with the other 6 winter sports federations in a combined attack on world soccer’s governing body FIFA’s plans to switch the dates of the tournament in Qatar....See: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24800946
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
el Hen, Good idea, but I have a sneaking suspicion that FIFA will just say...."FIS...? Who are they"
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Football world cup is my absolute favourite sporting event I would hate to have it on when I am on a skiing holiday. Mrs T Bar would not be happy with me watching it in the evenings,
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it should go ahead in the winter, and I'll time my ski trips to coincide with big matches so the slopes will be even quieter than normal Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
foxtrotzulu wrote:
el Hen, Good idea, but I have a sneaking suspicion that FIFA will just say...."FIS...? Who are they"

That's for sure, but there's certain american tv network that already paid huge amount of money for winter Olympics coverage, then also huge amount of money for football World cup coverage, and a bit smaller, but still huge amount for Super Bowl coverage. And if football World cup will be moved to winter, they want to renegotiate their deal with FIFA. And that's what FIFA will care about. But yes, they certainly don't give a sh**t about FIS.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Perhaps a good year to have the winter olympics in the Southern Hemisphere as they have not been awarded yet?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I think it should go ahead in the winter, and I'll time my ski trips to coincide with big matches so the slopes will be even quieter than normal

NO! leave it in the summer so the roads are quiet and I can get out on the bike.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Qatar World Cup will not be moved to January or February 2022 because of the Winter Olympics, according to Fifa president Sepp Blatter, see BBC News. He said the tournament would instead be held in November or December that year.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As a recent resident of Qatar, I can tell you that Nov or Dec is just as pleasant as Jan or Feb weatherwise. Jan or Feb 22 would be a few months earlier than orginally planned - giving the good Qataris even less chance of building everything in time. Nov or Dec gives a little more leeway. BTW they have yet to start any construction on any of the new stadia they need to build..... they might yet lose the WC.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dubaian, Interesting, is the UK still the 'standby' nation I wonder?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Football world cup is my absolute favourite sporting event I would hate to have it on when I am on a skiing holiday

It goes on for months. So you'd need a really long holiday to somewhere without any bars to miss anything significant Wink
Unlike an Olympics, winter or summer, where they can squeeze many more events in to 2 weeks.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
[quote="beequin"]Perhaps a good year to have the winter olympics in the Southern Hemisphere as they have not been awarded yet?[/quot

I actually rather like that idea - New Zealand for 2022!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boredsurfin, THe UAE, Qatar & Bahrain combined could run it easily in the cooler months with virtually no stadium building or extra infrastructure costs. But there is no cooperation in the Gulf Cooperation Council. And nothing United about the UAE. I guess either Australia or England would be the fall back favourites.

Sorry to carry on OT but Brazil could be very interesting next year. Venues and Infrastructure not ready and huge distances between venues. Plus a good deal of civil unrest in Rio already over the costs.

andy, aren't the finals of the WC only 3 week duration?

Now back to snowsports. snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dubaian wrote:
boredsurfin, The UAE, Qatar & Bahrain combined could run it easily in the cooler months with virtually no stadium building or extra infrastructure costs. I think you need 12 stadiums - say 2 each in Qatar, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah (mini problem - dry State but next door, literally to Dubai), and maybe Ras al Khaimah. But there is no cooperation in the Gulf Cooperation Council. And nothing United about the UAE. I guess either Australia or England would be the fall back favourites if Qatar was bounced.

Sorry to carry on OT but Brazil could be very interesting next year. Venues and Infrastructure not ready and huge distances between venues. Plus a good deal of civil unrest in Rio already over the costs.

andy, aren't the finals of the WC only 3 week duration?

Now back to snowsports. snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Deleted - accidentally turned an edit into the quote below. Sorry
latest report
AAAAAaaaarrrrgh - I forgot - you cannot delete or edit in snowNews. I give up. snowHead Laughing snowHead
snow report
Dubaian, andy, I went to a presentation on the UK World Cup bid, the entire event is 7 weeks, the numbers involved make the Olympics look like the local fete!
Basically each team brings around 20 players, and two official members/officials/staff of the team for each player, do the math as they say in the states! .....and thats BEFORE you start adding in the supporters/fans!

The World cup is a very BIG deal.
snow conditions
4.5 weeks normally. It's all about TV and media rights and making it as big as possible. A very big deal for those dealing in the billions of dollars, and for those in one of the largest charities in the world. Could easily fit it in 2 weeks.
latest report
Thanks for the clarifications, guys
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy