Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Googles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Sorry to drag this old chestnut up again, but I'm looking to buy a pair of goggles, and am looking for recommendations. I'm not loaded so am not thinking of spending more than £50. Can anyone give me any good recommendations.

Thanks
Bod.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Buy in resort, and buy by testing against the flat light that you will really need them in. As you only really want the one pair, get the pair that works in this....

I find the best lenses for this are Orange and 80eu should be quite achievable...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BOD, Hi, you could try searching for googles on Goggle or goggles on Google Laughing Tchibo (in Somerfield) have some coming into stock next Thursday that are supposed to be dual lens for a 'Tenner' which may be worth a punt as a backup pair. I like my old Dragons but they're falling apart now (5years old) so I've got to do the same research. The 'big names' do make nice kit but I reckon that 60% of the price is just brand hype. The trick is finding the factory outlet (that isn't fake) for the manufacturer.
Need some more input by better informed SlushNuts.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BOD, look for double lenses as they help prevent fogging, red, orange or yellow lenses are most effective at increasing contrast and thus giving you better vision in poor visability. Get some in resort and try them when the weather gets poor, don't buy off the internet as you won't be certain of getting a good fit, I like Bolle goggles but they're not cheap (though not as expensive as some).

One last thing, when using them do not put them on your forehead as they will fog up
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also, if you wear a helmet, you need to check they fit OK with it.

I spend £20 on mine 3 years ago and they are fine (UVEX)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think both Smith and Bolle make very good cheaper goggles. Orange is generally the best all-around lens - yellow is maybe a bit better in low light, but doesn't handle sunny days as well as orange.
I currently own these, they were $50 CAD new:
http://www.smithsport.com/products/snowgoggle/airflow_cascadepro.html
And they work great. I owned some similarly priced Bolle's before that worked just as well - wouldn't have replaced them if I hadn't lost them!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy