Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sun Peaks - if it's good enough for Herman...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well, at least that's where the Austrian team will be training prior to the Lake Louise races later this month
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
....it's good enough for me!! Roll on February snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cathy Coins wrote:
....it's good enough for me!! Roll on February snowHead snowHead

Cathy do you mind me asking who you are traveling with i.e. company wise as we are looking at Sun peaks in Feb / March
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi rob and sharon, no probs. We're going with Ski Independence - I also checked out Frontier Ski which was fractionally cheaper as they include the price of the lift pass in their quoted price. I wasn't impressed with their service or level of knowledge though so plumped for SI and support for Finlay Mickel! There's a guy in SI's office who went out last year and stayed in the hotels in Big White/Silver Star/Sun Peaks so can give first-hand recommendations and opinions.

We're doing a week at Big White followed by a week in Sun Peaks - we thought Sun Peaks wasn't big enough for 2 weeks so thought we'd combine the two! With regard to your other question re DIY or TO - I looked into this and if you stay at the same hotel it works out quite a bit more expensive if you DIY, mainly as you have internal flights between Vancouver/Kelowna/Kamloops. I'm sure if you hunted you could get cheaper accommodation independently though. The transfer is a shared scheduled bus from the airport to the hotels so that wouldn't be a problem. And I think you can get a bus from Vancouver to Sun Peaks/Big White, if you wanted to cut out the internal flights, but I think it takes about 4-5 hours?

If you decide to go with Ski Independence and aren't currently a member of the Ski Club of Great Britain then I would recommend joining. For the cost of £75 joint membership you receive 10% discount off Ski Independence holidays, which worked out for us about £250. (And no, I don't work undercover for the SCGB, as someone queried by PM a while back! Shocked Madeye-Smiley ) The SCGB also have a rep in Big White & Sun Peaks for part of the season so you can ski with them, if that's your thing.

Enjoy! snowHead And we may see you out there snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cathy Coins wrote:
Hi rob and sharon, no probs. We're going with Ski Independence - I also checked out Frontier Ski which was fractionally cheaper as they include the price of the lift pass in their quoted price. I wasn't impressed with their service or level of knowledge though so plumped for SI and support for Finlay Mickel! There's a guy in SI's office who went out last year and stayed in the hotels in Big White/Silver Star/Sun Peaks so can give first-hand recommendations and opinions.

We're doing a week at Big White followed by a week in Sun Peaks - we thought Sun Peaks wasn't big enough for 2 weeks so thought we'd combine the two!
If you decide to go with Ski Independence and aren't currently a member of the Ski Club of Great Britain then I would recommend joining. For the cost of £75 joint membership you receive 10% discount off Ski Independence holidays, which worked out for us about £250. (And no, I don't work undercover for the SCGB, as someone queried by PM a while back! Shocked Madeye-Smiley ) The SCGB also have a rep in Big White & Sun Peaks for part of the season so you can ski with them, if that's your thing.

Enjoy! snowHead And we may see you out there snowHead

thanks for this Info Cathy

we'd looked at Big white / silver star too. We've stayed at the Nancy Green a few years back when doing a driving holiday in Canada so are aware of the driving involved and distance. Don't see the point of a hire car though if they can run a transfer (after all you'll be only using it for a couple of days)
we had been thinking of possibly doing Whistler and a few days in Vancouver too
the info about the ski club of GB is interesting as I wasn't aware of the discount.
thanks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ill echo Cathy Coins,

Ski Independence are an excellent company, and they offer a number of loyalty bonuses to clients who stick with them.

And of course, they sponsor Finlay!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy