Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

L1 Coach course - Alpine.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I will bring along the ukcp l1 manual sat
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kieranm wrote:
I would think that the skills being taught are all pretty much transferable to coaching non-racers as well. Am I right?
Yes definitely, but not just the specific skills. More importantly for me it's the way in which you work with your clients/athletes, particularly if you think you will be able to work with them on a longer timescale than a typical ski school experience. The L1 and L2 coaching courses had a big impact on how I look at my own teaching, and I'm sure that's the same for skimottaret.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just wanted to report back on this thread, as it's been very useful for me.

I took (and passed!) the UKCP L1 Alpine Coach course, run by SSE, at Hemel last weekend, and found it almost exactly as AndAnotherThing... described.

It's a well thought out and structured course, lots of fun to do, and I came away with lots of ideas and enthusiasm for how to improve my own teaching. I've no experience of racing or coaching per se, but I do think I'll be able to apply a fair amount of what I've learnt to some of sessions I teach. If anyone else is thinking of having a go, I'd give it a very positive thumbs up.

There was a real mix of people on the course, from army, racers, instructors at all levels, and even those with no teaching background at all.

I had prepared for the course by doing one of @skimottaret's Masterclass sessions on Introduction to Coaching last year, and was very glad I had as it meant I already had a good idea about what to expect and I like to go into a course feeling like I'm up to the level.

Before I did the course I wasn't sure where it would take me (other than ticking another box towards the BASI L3), but now thinking I'd quite like to get more experience doing some race coaching and wondering how I'm going to fit that into my already full schedule.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
One more thing - the CSCF Drills Handbook would be a good read for anyone thinking of doing the course.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kieranm, Well done. Did you get a manual when you did it?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@kieranm,
Quote:

quite like to get more experience doing some race coaching

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Cool Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kieranm wrote:

I had prepared for the course by doing one of @skimottaret's Masterclass sessions on Introduction to Coaching last year, and was very glad I had as it meant I already had a good idea about what to expect and I like to go into a course feeling like I'm up to the level.

Are you running this course again in the near future Scott?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

No, just the workbook. I'm not sure what manual would be appropriate.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@kitenski, I wasn't planning on it for this summer as it was only Kieranm who attended. We ran one years ago with Ross Green as special guest coach for L1 and L2 coach wanna bees and I think most of the people we know or who had expressed an interest took it at that point. Running two days this summer on skier analysis and Performance development http://www.insideoutskiing.com/uk/masterclass.html#3

If there were a couple interested I would be happy to run it again, put a fair amount of work into the course content and there was a lot of useful material that I was able to pass on.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kieranm wrote:
Quote:

No, just the workbook. I'm not sure what manual would be appropriate.

One that clarified the terminology used on my course would be a start for me wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@skimottaret, I might be interested perhaps if you were looking to make up numbers.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy