Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'High-marking' craze causes record snowmobile deaths

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
'High-marking', a competitive craze for riding powerful snowmobiles up steep snow slopes to score the maximum height, is triggering avalanches.

Snowmobile deaths are now running at significantly higher rates than ski deaths in some parts of the US, because of the potential of these heavy machines to trigger snow slides. The madness is explained in this report from today's Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Personally I'd ban the recreational use of snowmobiles, along with jet skis, but then I'm sad enough to want some peace and quiet in secluded natural places. The noise of these things is also enough to scare the living daylights out of hibernating animals on mountains.

Rant beginning.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith, another interesting article. (I think you have a great hoard of elves working for you - like Father Christmas - who just spend their whole time trawling the net for interesting skiing articles).
There are similar sports involving cars and motorbikes going up sand-dunes and muddy hills. Though not my sort of thrill, I can understand why people do this. But is it sensible?
Avalanche.org in its tutorial section states that of the 58 avalanche deaths 2003-2003, 23 were snowmobilers and 25 "Backcountry skiers".
I had no idea snowmobilers were involved in so many avalanches.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry to be so cynical, but if only the snowmobiler is killed, well that solves the problem as he (or she) won't be doing it again.
It's called "survival of the least moronic", which is something Darwin never really got into.

I've never tried jetskiing on snow, I'm not sure how well it would work, but I do enjoy it on the open sea
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, Fox. What did Darwin say about your ancestors?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They were monkeys on both sides...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll agree with you on Jetskis (we don't get many snowmobiles on the river). A nice sunny day is easily ruined by the sound (and smell) of jetskis roaring past the window.

Saw the first windsurfer of the year out the other day too! Nutter...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Judging from the slush at the bottom of some slopes last weeks, I'd have thought jetskis would have been quite appropriate, not withstanding the animosity towards them, of course...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Goldsmith, one side of the family were on the Bounty. I think they were the Mutineers, so clearly unstable knuckledraggers. The other side were Trappist skiers, who built lodging at many resorts. Again, low life forms. All I can say is I am proof that people improve over the generations. I just feel sorry for any of the orginal families, if they still exist. I would doubt if they have the ability for cognitive reasoning, or even have opposable thumbs.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snowmobilers have indeed won Darwin Awards, which commemorate those who improve our gene pool by removing themselves from it.

And Walter won one for high marking: http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2000-29.html
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy