Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2013/2014

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Started off down Proclu first thing as has become our ritual. Headed over to Le Fornet - lift was closed so we went up Choucas - bitterly cold and visibility was horrendous at the top. We then headed over to Lindarets area as well and spent a good part of the day there. Lovely last day in this cracking little resort rounded off by a couple of beers and a few Genepes (hope that is how it is spelled)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alangibson73, Sounds as if you have really enjoyed the week. Your post makes me feel glad that we turned around and didn't pursue a couple of runs down the Fornet or the Chavanettes area.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It has been superb Pam - so glad I booked it. We have had a great week and it was nice to get another week of skiing in to build on what we learned in lessons in February. We have loved the skiing around Avoriaz. Thanks for all the info prior to coming out here.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've just got back from a fantastic week in avoriaz. Kids loved the parks and "the stash", and the swimming pool, and the varied skiing / boarding. Thanks to everyone who recommended it. I think its a great time to go skiing. We hardly had any lift queues all week, a few busy pistes in the afternoon but nothing unmanageable. Definately looking at easter instead (or as well as) feb next year.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
alangibson73, alexl, really glad to read you both had a great week snowHead

On the road now, heading home Sad was another glorious morning, clear and sunny and -2 in town as we left at 7.00. Fantastic week, one of my best there.

Yesterday we were delayed getting out as our chalet owner had managed to reverse the minibus into a ditch and so was hanging half on and half off the road, so we had to pull him out with our car, was quite funny really but meant we did miss the best of the smidge of fresh that had fallen overnight. Probably only a couple of inches or so but there were some nice fresh piste edges to be had snowHead

Winter had returned and after a couple of runs (and three stops on the Combes lift Mad ) I decided I was too cold and had to return to the PLJ car park to change into my thicker jacket having been in my soft shell all week. Rest of group continued over to Avoriaz and I caught them up at the snow park at the top of Lindarets. We then went up the lac des intrets and were in and out of the cloud all the way up, then over and up Fornet where the vis was interesting at times Laughing good though because there were so few people around compared to how it was earlier in the week.

Ended up at Mamo's for lunch, they were delighted to receive a party of 13 as the whole area was so deserted Laughing few flakes of light snow were falling but we managed to sit outside and had great food.

After lunch the group split with the men and kids off to do the airbag (again!) and the girls skied back. Couldn't be bothered to walk to Chaux Fleurie and wanted to see what the Ardent run was like so skied that. Was better than I expected, just heavy wet snow very chopped up. Was glad we had decided not to lunch at the goat village as we'd have had a hike to la terrasse. Only la ferme was still accessible, the road through was down to the Tarmac. Great last run of the season down Rochassons snowHead

Sorry for long rambling post, bored in the car Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sarah, hope the car journey has gone well.

We had our last day out today, probably other than a quick whizz up on the Chavannes in Les Gets if its not raining in the morning.
The Chaux Fleurie was open on time, the run down from the top was the very best then that we have known all year - the piste prep had been absolutely superb, up the Combe de Roses and down the red a couple of times and then over to PB (ok I'll keep quiet about that) which was rubbish wink and just had to be done three times, and then down to the bottom of Linga for coffee in the sun. Racing going on higher up by the gondola. The sun was out and it could not have been a better morning, ending up with lunch in Morzine at a friend's house.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pamski, it sounds as though you've had lots of very enjoyable skiing the last few weeks; making the most of it. snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pamski, journey going extremely well thanks, less than an hour to go now Smile for once at a peak school holiday eurotunnel was a dream, through the booths in less than 10 mins, bumped onto a departure one hour earlier and then managed to get straight through onto a waiting train so almost two hours early Shocked

I thought the piste prep in PLJ this past week has been superb. We did PB yesterday and it was nice and several times the day before, though I now quite like Rennes. Best snow this week was on the competition slope on Monday, late morning, it was superb snowHead

The racers have been out at Linga all week, seen them walking up to the lift every morning as we've been driving through. Pretty sure Linga was closing today though with just PLJ open til next weekend.

Hope you get another nice morning tomorrow.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just got back from another great few days in Avoriaz. Big shout out to the ESF who were yet again superb with the kids and also Vivian from Evolution 2, if you want a freestyle lesson he's your man, absolutely top coach. Scariest part of the holiday was on last day when a couple of girls from a crèche were out with their kids and one of kids went off down hill in a sledge towards on an coming cat. Somehow the driver saw the kid at the last nano second and stopped but the kid still ended up crashing into the track. Another second later and it doesn't bear thinking about, the kid and the nannies were in shock, not nice.

Procolou is one of the best beginner runs I've come across anywhere it got my missus back on skis which is a right result. Very Happy

Would def stay at Atria Crozats apartments again, we looked around L'Amara which was stunning but with a price tag to match.

Looking forward to coming back and skiing some steeps next time, and as a 44 year old with busted knees I'd like to announce my retirement from riding rails! Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Its been raining on and off in LG this morning - so we are finishing on a good note and remembering our brilliant day yesterday - and all the packing up jobs going on, how many pairs of boots and shoes do I have here. If the sun had come out we would have gone and had a few runs on the Chavannes but better to stay dry!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pamski, Happy Packing Very Happy Any more news on the trans-village link to Mont Chery?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just to let you know that - after nearly 10 years of owning a place in Morzine - I'm just about to complete on selling my half of the place to theNowExNotMrsFS (I'll avoid the temptation to spin off into the Monty Python Dead Parrot sketch there...)

I decided to opt of skiing for most of last year, but will hopefully be around a bit this next season - only significantly less than before. I'll certainly be more concerned about the weather!!!

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 30-07-14 13:14; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FlyingStantoni, welcome back snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FlyingStantoni, missed all your good posts last year. I think you should be the one to start this topic for 2014/2015 - please...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pamski, your wish...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=111610#2558774

Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy