Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2013/2014

Poster: A snowHead
Glad I made it up to avoriaz today, rain turned to snow around the stade lift. Only a few cm, maybe 5cm at top of grande combes, and tested myself on the black below. Even found a spot of powder on the blue by arare pomma and the esf nursery race slope.

Sunshine tomorrow by looks of forecast though lots of cloud still at 8pm up at pleney looking round the valley
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Phew - we just need to forget yesterday. Sun is out this morning, blue sky, and at 07.45 it was showing -2.0C here at the chalet.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fabulous day today - we thought we would have maybe our last day going over to Switzerland - down the Swiss Mossettes early, lots of frozen ridges and holes, but luckily no-one else around so we could not-keep-A-line and avoid them, over to Planachaux where the bashers had really done a good job, the pomas were being taken off the cable on the Ripaille lift, I was so busy watching behind me to see what they were doing that I nearly came off the T-bar; lovely lunch at the Toupin which is one of my favourite stopping places, back down the red Chavanettes a which I thought would have been much more chopped up by 12.30 and eventually back to the car at Ardent via the Combe a Foret.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Driving out tomorrow, shall I put the winter tyres back on or just leave the summers on? Will be mainly in La Chapelle and driving up to PLJ. Thanks snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sarah, I think you will be fine with the summers on - there is no snow on the forecast for the next few days and the temperatures don't look low, at least during the day. Famous last words of course... the roads are all clear, only the tiniest little bit of snow still left in our garden - but amazingly there is still plenty to ski on - we were over at Linga etc again this morning. Have a safe drive.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pamski, thanks, just had the same view from a friend in Chatel too so will leave them. Also more chance of a big dump if we leave the summers on I guess Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v5y8qhj3h7vlw4v/f5VKU30hSn

Pics from my week, showing the lower slopes with horses and higher up where there's still alot if good snow.

Cracking day today. Up the fornet and chavenette then ripaile in the morning, went all way down to bottom of prodains for a rendezvous. Afternoon over in the bowl by grand conche and mossetes fantastic around 1-3pm with Sun baking some reasonably deep snow, plus a bit colder les crosets way. Back over to lac indrets for a go on the esf slalom then down the roads to a full bus at bottom of prodains. Lots of red faces around hotel.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great day out in Les Gets today having been further afield this week. Ranfoilly, Rosta, Perrieres, Nauchet etc - over to Nyon to have a quick look, the Cornette is closing this evening - if it wasn't for the English there they would have been empty. Lovely to find that the Vorosses blue down to the Paika had been pisted so after coffee there we went back for lunch later. Path bashed through the trees over to the Melezes as the drag lift is now closed.
Very, very hot here - says 18C at the chalet, and even I was feeling warm skiing.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good to hear the snow is holding up, transferring from Stuben tomorrow via car, train, transfer....
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Last whizz round the Rosta bowl, Tulipe, Melezes etc this morning - coffee at the Croix Blanche and a leg of lamb to go on the bbq now and friends for lunch. I hope that the sun sticks out again from behind the clouds. Very much end of term feel to the skiing here with the pisteurs going round taking out the posts and the netting. There will just be the Chavannes area open until the 21st after today -
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great morning today but it ain't half hot! Laughing 18deg when we called it a day about 2.00 by which time it was really heavy going in places. Lots of Zardoz needed! Great first thing. There hadn't been a refreeze. We headed up from PLJ over to Lindarets then up to Avoriaz and lapped the Indrets chair for a while, great snow conditions there. Then down to Prodains where by 11.30 it was heavy going, the base is very thin in places and needed to dodge the brown patches and the stones! Back up and over to Plaine Dranse for a drink, another couple of runs and we were ready to come back.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sarah, we will be in Avoriaz/Chatel tomorrow - we haven't even managed to get down to the bottom of Prodains yet this year, perhaps tomorrow will be the day. Early is the answer.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pamski, go early!!! And it's very patchy at the bottom!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sarah, we did go early - straight away as soon as we reached Avoriaz from Ardent just after 9. As you say very patchy at the bottom. Got into the queue of course for the gondola going up but its pretty efficient. We were in a car of what must have been 30 or so people - rather a large bunch of a French school party, and a few others, and we were the only people with helmets. Just noticed...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
First day of the holiday today. Out early - just after 9 and had some very good skiing. In at just after 2 as started to become very hard work. Good start to the week though so hope it continues. Really liking the Avoriaz area from what I seen of it today.
latest report
alangibson73, glad you've had a great first day, good conditions really. We've done the same as you out at 9 and early finish.

Was much firmer this morning, had been a refreeze overnight. Great conditions on relatively empty pistes in PLJ for me today. Another scorcher 20 deg today and currently in shorts and a vest top on the terrace. Happy days snowHead

Pamski, I liked the new lift, no queue and we had one almost to ourselves at about 11.30.
ski holidays
Bumps were good after 3pm today around fornet and ski back to prodain for downloading wasn't too slushy.
snow conditions
kitenski, sounds good Cool
ski holidays
Absolutely loving Avoriaz, great atmosphere around the resort and enjoying skiing in my football shirt Very Happy

I'm trying to get a private park lesson for my kids because my 44 year old knees have taken a battering on the jumps! I seem to have exhausted all the options in Avoriaz, are there any schools operating out of Morzine that do lessons up here?
snow report
Guernseyfreerider, have you tried The Snow Institute (Morzine and Les Gets and I saw some of the instructors yesterday), BASS and LGS also instruct up there.

Les Gets Ski School - info@skischool.co.uk
Tel: +33 (0)4 50 79 51 37

www.britishskischool.com - BASS

Email info@thesnowinstitute.com 0844 484 33 44

And a bit colder I think overnight so should be ok again today. Lovely moment yesterday when we just arrived at the Ferme in the goat village for a quick drink on the way down to the car and bumped into three guys who normally are running restaurants, Le Lac in Les Gets very near us, La Passage and le Cret, both above Super Morzine gondola arrival - all finally out on their skis. And the French are so great with their manners, lots of handshakes etc all round - bit worrying that we get spotted by them - we really don't spend all our days at their establishments.
snow report
Another good days skiing here. So glad took the plunge and booked this week. Out early again and headed up Stade, Le Fornte and Les Choucas this morning. Headed over the other side after that and lunch at La Ferme - lovely little place. Back over and up Lac Intrets and Grandes Combes - we discovered the big inflatable in the snow park so my son had a go at that and no doubt we will be spending more time there as the week goes on. Loving this place.
snow conditions
Guernseyfreerider, have you definitely tried Avoriaz Alpine? They are definitely who you'd want for the park.

Pamski, I am also being recognised which is slightly more embarrassing as I don't have a place here Embarassed

alangibson73, so pleased you are having a great time and decided to come (especially after all the naysayers telling you to go to VT or the Espace Killy NehNeh ). Our party's boys will no doubt be at the air bag again tomorrow too!

Glorious weather again. Good snow. No crowds. Everyone chilled out snowHead
snow conditions
Another great day - not too sure about the No Crowds sarah, but we have been very spoiled here since we came back on 8th March - we met our second queue today at the French Mossettes this morning, so we just went up the chairlift beside it, no-one else in sight there came down and the crowd had dispersed. We had a very lazy morning around Lindarets using the Chaux Fleurie, Lindarets Express, Prolays and Mossettes lifts - we are usually on our way to Switzerland, Chatel or further into Avoriaz and miss out some nice areas. And it was cold too - I had thought about leaving off a quilted jacket last night - I was very glad I had decided not too.

Just been and had a nice glass of wine at the Boomerang to sort out a wine order with Jean Michel - we had seen him yesterday at a very good event organised at the lake at Montriond by Amie from Source Magazine.

Horrid job of cleaning the oven, and also helping OH clear a downpipe all done this afternoon so we will head over to the Chatel direction tomorrow morning.

Guernseyfreerider, I probably gave you duff info this morning as I hadn't read fully what you had required. I hope you have something sorted now.
snow conditions
Pamski, well there were a good few folk out in Avoriaz I suppose but nothing like Feb. And it's quieter in PLJ so much so that half if BASS Morzine were out over here this afternoon. It was cold I had an extra layer on today too.
latest report
sarah, we saw Jaz Lamb of BASS Morzine in his office this afternoon - in his shorts by then!

Hope you are surviving the 3 courses...
latest report
Pamski, I was lapping around lndarets this morning, great snow for training on, a mixture of hard at the top and various levels of soft/hard depending on the angle on the way down.

Also my first time in the large half pipe this afternoon ....
snow conditions
Can anyone recommend a decent place in Morzine for a pizza Wednesday night??
latest report
kitenski, we don't often eat in Morzine but had dinner in the Tyrol a few weeks ago and some of the party had pizzas which seemed ok.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski, Not sure of the name but I've recently enjoyed the place that's just past the petrol station.
snow report
I think Pamski is refering to the Tyrolean which, funnily enough, is just past the petrol station and probably does the best pizzas in town.
Alternatively, you could try La Flamme, at the bottom of the Super Morzine lift.
ski holidays
I hope all those who are on a holiday here this week are still enjoying it. Sunshine and nice cold nights - brrh - it was so cold this morning that we retreated at 10.15 to sit by the fire halfway down Linga for chocolat chaud. Another cracking day.
snow conditions
Pamski, thank you! Yes we have also had another cracking day! PLJ and Avoriaz again. I gave up my place in the knee preservation society and skied my last run down after 4.00 Laughing late lunch at the Pierre aux Loups, super duper day and great conditions snowHead
snow report
Another couple of good days in Avoriaz for myself and the family. Most of the pistes holding up well. Discovered the Abricotine run yesterday in the afternoon when it was a bit slushy so we headed over there earlier today and done it a couple of times when it was lot firmer and quicker than the previous day - really lovely run. Having a great week here - weather has been gorgeous and I provided some great entertainment for my son when I attempted the air bag jump yesterday. Finished up around 2 today and headed to Aqauriaz. Loving this resort - we will def be back.
ski holidays
The weather has been really good since we got back here on 8th March, other than about 3 days when it rained. We have had these beautiful blue skies and warm days. And in that time there has only been the one new dump of snow which certainly kept things going a bit longer. The piste management is excellent and they have worked really hard to keep things going - we see the pistes gradually get narrower, as we see them get wider earlier in the season.
Great morning, over to Fornet from Ardent again first thing and then the Chavanettes, and the Cubore - we were only out for the morning as we had a friend over from Geneva for lunch in Les Gets so back down the Combe a Floret just before 12 - I swear the children are shrinking, there are such tiny little things going along in the ESF snakes. Skis are in for servicing in Morzine this afternoon so digging out some older ones tomorrow and probably quite a good thing as there are a few stones appearing.
latest report
My OH has just been going through records for our skiing this winter and so far its been 41 days in Les Gets/Morzine and 36 in the rest of the PDS (and 6 days in Austria). So if we ski till next Monday it will be 40 in PDS.

We are always in a bit of a quandary when it comes to buying our season passes as the LG/Morzine season pass, bought in advance, is a really good buy and we get tempted and wonder how often we go further afield. But as we tend to ski over in Avoriaz and Chatel before LG opens and then again at the end of the season we take a deep breath and buy the PDS pass - and then work out that it costs us about £7 or £8 a day, so fantastic value.

And on top of that we have had a day in the Grand Massif, one in Megeve/St Gervais and another in Les Contamines.
ski holidays
Quote:

Skis are in for servicing in Morzine this afternoon so digging out some older ones tomorrow and probably quite a good thing as there are a few stones appearing.

Same here! Though I've not decided about skiing tomorrow - weather looks like being a bit bleurgh.
snow report
For me this was the best day of the week so far. Out early again. When the snow and fog came down we were down in the tree lined area near Lindarets. Back to our chalet for coffee and cake at around 1.45. Headed back out again at 230 for a few more runs - back in at 4 and shattered. Last day tomorrow so hoping it will be another good one.
ski holidays
About to head up for my last day of the season and it looks as if it's sunny with a fresh dusting up top snowHead super season, managed three weeks here snowHead
snow report
sarah, have a good day, sat in Geneva airport....reckon it could be very nice up there. Was sleet/snow in morzine last night when I walked home
ski holidays
Certainly not spring skiing today - and driving home to Les Gets from Ardent it was 0C - the Chaux Fleurie had a delay starting this morning so we decided not to go to the Chatel side, headed over to Avoriaz, encountered the very cold wind, so spent the morning around Lindarets in the trees which was delightful. I hope the T shirt brigade had a few more layers on. And bits of new snow to ski through too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy