Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Two-Way Radio recommendations...?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
evski,

I' ve actually brought this radio, not what you are talking about sponsor....
Anyway, could you tell which throat mic you've tried?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dangerMouse! wrote:
... Baofeng BF888 is about £15 with the USB programmer (to reprogram the channels).
NAGOYA NA-771 is about £5..
Hope this helps someone!

Very useful - thanks.

I wanted a radio I could use for North America which I could also use in Europe, and these will do that nicely. The UV-5R supports 128 channels, and I can program it with Chirp so it's loaded with the Canadian frequencies I have access to (some of which include repeaters), US public frequencies, and also the unlicensed Euro frequencies.

I've not yet tested it in the mountains, but it works fine for general use and as a scanner on both continents.

I don't really want to have a long antenna - unless I'm missing a trick the range of this should be the same as the equivalent Motorola pushing out the same power, which is "enough".

I've heard of people using throat mikes, but never seen one. Most ski guides use a loudspeaker. The Baofeng radios come with an ear piece in the box.

As to the "why", the supercilious answer would perhaps be that if you're riding in areas with mobile coverage then you're not getting far enough off piste wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy