Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2013 / 2014

Poster: A snowHead
Arctic Roll, We are last building top right with the flowing roof. Would you like the originals? PM me your e-mail address if you want.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not enough minutes in a day to get everything done and still spend 12 hours up the mountain. But this sure beats being at work!!!

Since getting back I have been out everyday and the snow has been great. First, firm chalky snow in the couloirs and for the last few days untracked powder up to your knees and sometimes even deeper.

The second storm seems to have missed us and blue sky with a few clouds is now forecast for the next few days.

I have been riding all over the Paradiski ski area 'on and off' piste and the conditions are still great. Typical for this time of year with soft snow on a firm base off piste in the morning turning to slush later in the day where the sun has been shining before becoming re -frozen crude then melting again the next day. For the last few days there has been great powder as well.

The pistes are in great condition in most places with a firm base and plenty of depth. The 'piste natures' have been freshened up well with the recent snowfall. Best of all it is not to busy so you do not need to queue at most lifts.

Everyone coming out in the next few weeks should have a great time. I hope to meet up with some of you for a drink at George's Wine bar in Arc 1950 or over at the Altiport watching the free entertainment at the waterslide!!

For those passing through Bourg or arriving by train. Remember you can stop over at Polairestar Ski and Snowboard rental shop at the bottom of the funicular for goggles, sun glasses etc plus renting your skis or snowboards from their wide selection in store. Visit their webpage for more details.

http://www.polairestar.com/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last day today. Leaving early afternoon and staying with family in Geneva tonight. Glorious sunny morning in Arc 2000 and some photos to prove it, taken while out getting some milk.

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowcrazy,
I'm out with 2 sons on 6th April - all good skiers and equipped ..... do you do a days guided off piste tour ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lovely sunny day in Les Arcs. Heading on now shortly to Geneva. Have some photos will put tomorrow. Been an amazing week, not really sure you can get better for the end of March?

Conditions are great still, we went over to Peisey 1st thing and then back across the slopes to the chair that takes you up to Comborciere, then down to Arpette up and into 2000 via Lac. Up Lanchette and did down to the 1st lift up from Villaroger. The red was open to there, it was closed in January Laughing

Photos when we get home, safe trip out anyone coming tomorrow.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Home. last images from an amazing week. Our apartment overlooks the Olympic promenade (i.e. flat bit) in Arc 2000. We have learnt that if we see bashers by 10pm it won't snow, they wait and go out 1st thing.

This is not our favorite sight. at 10pm.

Snow art by club med

Arc 1950 and 2000 seen from the chair leading up from Villarogier on Friday 28th March
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi, coming out to 1950 on Saturday. Can anyone give an update on snow conditions ? thanks
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skied most of Les Arcs today having been over the Vanoise from Plagne Centre. Very warm but the snow is holding up fine. No brown runs as yet, but there are thin snow warnings on some of the Vallandry reds like Ours. The 2000 bowl is all good and the run down from the top of Aiguille Rouge is good. A bit icy in places higher up, but no need to worry about conditions. Got down to the bottom of 1600 without difficulty.

snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Bish, great to hear! Getting a wee bit concerned with the high temps showing - still, only 4 sleeps so how bad can it get? (kiss of death...)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Justbe aware, of course, that this is spring and I am describing good spring ski conditions. I skied 60km yesterday and didn't finish till 4. I started late as my filings don't cope with hard corduroy, but there is plenty of skiing. Drink lots of water and pack the factor 50. Going up to the L Plagne glacier today.

snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chris Bish, but the key phrase is "skied". Not walked, or mountain biked, or swam, or lazed by the pool, or... well, you get my drift. Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just started to upload the photos from the days in March over on my Les Arcs Winter facebook page. More to come tomorrow. I will try and catch up over the next few days.

Also the April photos have now begun from today! Enjoy!!

Check out the March 2014 and April 2014 Albums. https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter/photos_albums

There is still plenty of good snow about if you know where to look!! I will try and start to post more regular updates again now.

Have fun all those coming out for the holidays!! Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arctic Roll, You will ski plenty, for sure.

snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Going to Arc 1800 next Saturday with the family and my brother needs to participate in a Skype job interview the following Wednesday. Does anyone know of decent and reliable wifi access in Arc 1800 - hopefully somewhere quiet and reasonably discrete for him to set up with his iPad?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bad weather today in Les Arcs so took the day off. Check out all the new photos I have posted in the March and April 2014 Albums.

https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter/photos_albums

Tomorrow they are saying the sun will return. Hope so!

Conditions are still ok with plenty of snow higher up. You can still get down to all stations although Villaroger is a little muddy.

Yesterday we went to Montalbert for lunch across the other side of La Plagne and back. Not a problem.

Tomorrow is the Slope style competition in Arc 1800 weather permitting. Should be a good show! Top riders from all over the world are expected.

For all those just arriving, you are in for a good holiday with pistes holding up well and even the off piste not bad if you like the chalky snow. Remember it is spring time so follow the sun and enjoy the best of the days skiing. (Hope it shines again tomorrow!!)

See some of you on the pistes or by the Waterslide near the snow park on sunny days and at George's Wine Bar in Arc 1950 for a bit of apree ski!

For those passing through Bourg or arriving by train. Remember you can stop over at Polairestar Ski and Snowboard rental shop at the bottom of the funicular for goggles, sun glasses etc plus renting your skis or snowboards from their wide selection in store. Visit their webpage for more details.

ski holidays
Heavy rain all morning ....
Snow above 2300 but very wet and claggy in the clouds
Forecast sunny by 2pm - hope so
latest report
As PBJ, wet snow / rain at 1950, but went up top anyway to Col de la Chal,.... and found powder! Yes, the snow up there was nowhere near as wet as down in the villages, and was quite acceptable for 8th April. However, coming down a few hundred metres was 'orrible, and the clothes are all drying out on radiators around the aprt. Taking a slightly longer lunch than would normally be the case, but hope to get out again later today. Rain has now stopped, and the mist is drifting away. We're told that the temps will drop 5 degree in the enxt coupe of days - let's hope so.

Sunday and Monday were Spring skiing at its finest: blue skies, hot days, OK bit slushy @ 195 by 3pm ( Pre St Esprit was a mistake) but a perfectly acceptable alternative to the office. Even at 9:30 in the morning, it wasn't too icy, so a fullish days enjoyment had by all.

Will try to post more over the next 10 days - wi-fi is a bt variable at the moment. snowcrazy, are you around this week or next ? be good to see you if you are. We'll be in Georges every now & again....
latest report
Powder ..... That's pushing it !
Still it stopped raining and bit of sun this pm
Snow ghastly between about 2400 and 2000m .... Like glue. But lower down lovely and soft and a really good afternoon. Worked well stopping for early lunch.
Sun for next few days
snow report
PBJ, Smile Where are you staying?
snow conditions
Well, there was 5-10cm of freshies up at Col de la Chal this afternoon - so for April we were surprised but not complaining! But as the man says a bit gluelike inthe middle section. We lapped Plagnettes 4 times then Arondelieres between 3 and 4,30 before calling it a day.

Supposedly -3 at 2000 tonight, so freeze thaw back on the cards. But sure is fun skiing. Hard work, yes, but fun.
ski holidays
I am in Vallandry with ski Olympic - very good !
Great day at bellecote lovely snow and a bit of powder if you looked !
Lapping under the chalet de bellecote chair was lovely.
Pistes still good - bit muddy in places towards champagny but generally excellent.
snow report
PBJ wrote:
Pistes still good - bit muddy in places towards champagny but generally excellent.

For 9th April thats pretty good. Enjoy Madeye-Smiley Cool
snow report
Last day tomorrow- hot and sunny today, but the snow is holding up well if you stay higher. I'm with ESF in the mornings (which has been excellent - teacher called Steffano) and each morning we've found some great conditions for this time of year, and yes we did find some powder on Weds morning, just below the top of the cable car. Family ski in the afternoons - yesterday lunch at Blanche Murree snow was ok down to 1800 to get Vagere , but it was fairly wet- back up at Arpette not too bad. This pm a beer watching the water splash and then back round and up Arcabulle. Quite busy as everyone looks to be staying high. All in all a good week,
makes a change for us to ski in sunshine and there is some good show to be found
snow report
mikeh, Did you see the bikini clad girls in the water splash?
snow report
Another cracking day - aiguille rouge to Vallandry in morning and messing about in soft spring snow in pm
Hot sun all day - the re freeze was pretty much gone by 11 on all slopes
More sun for rest of week they say - Ill take that !
ski holidays
First of five day for us today. Early start from 1600 up Mont Blanc .. very icy then after 10.30 things got much better. We headed over to Arcubule for some bumps and then up Auiguille Rouge which was perfect in the sunshine. Conditions were great all the way back to 2000 but all the blacks are shut so no Drosset and no Combouciere for us. We had a right giggle on Malgovert then over to the snow park where we finished up watching the water show.

There's lots of skiing to be had but after 3pm most areas low down are a disaster in the hot sun. We're off to check out Vallendry area tomorrow, pics soon.
snow report
Another early start on the slopes began with a skid down Mont Blanc followed by another skid and some jumps off Clocheret. We then headed over to Vallendary and were disappointed by the lack of snow lower down, no tree skiing to be had. So, back into the Arc 2000 bowl, and a few circuits of the Arcabulle bumps then onto Aiguille Rouge and a mad attempt to go all the way down to Villaroger. It was all going ok until the bottom of the Drosset lift after which the conditions were terrible, deep slush and then sections with almost nothing at all, we made it to the Plan Des Violettes lift on the thinnest sliver of snow. Riding the lift back up it was clear that this area has not got long to go.

After lunch we headed up the Grand Col and found our best run of the day in Refuge which was bumpy and lovely, from there we mooched back to the Arpette restaurant and only just made last orders for hot chocolate.

Conditions are OK but you have to know where to look in order to get the best of the day. The snow up high on Aiguille Rouge was probably the best we skied, the whole Vallandary area seemed very sketchy indeed.
snow conditions
Been an interesting week, with as above, good conditions to be found alongside some real howlers. Earlier in the week lappng Bellete under the Derby lift was terrific, today by about 12:30 was becoming gluelike near the bottom. Still finding the Vagere run to be good , although the bottom section down to the lift, again, becomes sludgy (but not unskiable) quite early on. We've taken to using the Plagnettes lift and running each of the routes off the Col de la Chal one after the other - Teppes is still the best option of the three to the LHS, as probably has the least traffic.
According to the liftiies, the marmottes are out and visible to the right of Arcabulle. Spring is truly on its way...
For the first time in 8 days, the light was a bit flat mid afternnon, so our usual finishing run of Arondlieres was taken a bit earlier than usual, which was probably the right decision. As previously , it's still fun, but it is hard work.

Thanks DaveB for the Villaroger heads up - the run to Drosset is OK but nothing special, so unlikely we shall bother with that then!

Could get busy this week - Paris holidays start, and apparently 1950 is 85% full. The sludge is going to get even worse at the pinch points.

Shout out for "The Snack" at the top of the Peisey lift. Wanted a quick stop - as a diabetic I do have to eat - , but no point wasting the few hours of reasonable conditions - friendly service, and excellent value for money, 26Eur fed 3 of us for lunch and drinks.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
its getting very thin here, and the boys in the bashers are working very hard to make sure the snow makes it to the end of the season. Another warm day, albeit overcast and the light after lunch a bit flat.

Many runs now closed ( or that may be because of health and saftey concerns over weekend-itis driving the 'first dayers' higher than they would normally go - will see tomorrow) - but Grand Col, Lanches, Combouciere, etc.etc. all off limits today. Villaroger was open beyond Drosset , but closed from tonight on. Options are becoming limited, and having started last week with a 3:30, maybe 4pm cutoff, it was hard to motivate beyond 2:45 today.

So didn't.
Besides, tried the moguls of Tuffes at 2.15. Here's some advice. Don't. So slushy it was really hard work getting the turn in. OK,so they gave way when you ran into them, but I was knackered by the end of the run. I'm fitter this year than for some time, but next year, the exercise regime needs to go up another notch or two.

Oh, and Snow art as pictured above from fatcontroller - is now a lake,
.Nevertheless, rule [insert number here] still applies - any day in the mountains is better than any day in the office, 5 more to go, and I'm certainly not complaining
ski holidays
More photos uploaded of the last few days. Slowly catching up. Take a look if you are interested over on the Les Arcs Winter facebook page in the Albums section for March and April.

Check out the March 2014 and April 2014 Albums. https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter/photos_albums

The conditions today are still good for this time of year. You can ski down to most stations and the pistes which are open were in good condition. Firm and easy to carve turns on in the morning and slushy lower down in the afternoon. The higher runs stayed in better condition through the day and even in poor light the bumps and jumps around Malgovert were fun.

The off piste is typical spring conditions with firm chalky snow in the less exposed places earlier in the day and refrozen crud in most other places. By the afternoon most places have become soft and heavy, but if you choose a good aspect the snow off piste stayed ok right through the day.

They were 'Slackline Walking' between the Deux Tetes again today. Looks fun! if only I was a little more flexible! See photos in Album. More news to come tomorrow after a tour across to La Plagne.

Although I agree that the snow is soft and slushy in the afternoon, you can still enjoy your riding in these conditions right through the day if you pick the right slopes plus the snowpark is easy when the landing is not to hard and the waterslide is always good for a laugh. I have not found many pistes closed, just the normal ones for late April. It is well worth being here and there is still plenty of snow to last until the end of the season (as long as we DO NOT get any rain!).

Off into the back country again this week and you still do not need to hike much to find great spring snow. Check out the photos I will be posting shortly of the last few days if you are wondering if it is worth one more trip out. I plan to be here until the lifts close.
latest report
We saw small avalanches fall onto Eidelweiss yesterday but managed to have another good tour of the resort. This must be why Grand Col was closed? The clouds parted for us on Aiguille Rouge and we had a laugh with the kids in the snow park. Conditions were quite icy this morning and I noticed that the snow has retreated much further at 1600 forcing us to walk to Cachette and kit up right next to the lift. Colle Des Fretes was an icy mess but we managed to find some good conditions doing circuits of Clocherette red run. It really is starting to look sparse now, we enjoyed watching the lifties drag the mattresses off Ours, sadly one of our favourites. On the plus side, the place is completely empty and I have mild sunburn. Funicular is now full of mountain bikers.

Last day for us tomorrow, big up to my teenagers who have been great company and are now fifty times better at skiing than me.
ski holidays
Today was significantly better - for light, for conditions, for fun. Worked our way across the 16/1800 valley, doing Mont Blanc, Arolles, Vagere, Bellete, Bosses ( pisted - toothless, but at least open) a few times each before going for lunch back over at Col de la Chal. Thence up Grand Col for a coupe of runs ( they'd opened the black for the afternoon - icy still at top, but beautiful lower down - still needed a good high start to the schuss to make it over the run-out lip) then up to the Aguille Rouge. Slight queue here, as they had a band in the cable car - taking up valuable space, but making for a great party / fin de saison atmosphere. Are harvesting the snow of the glacier at the top, and shipping down into those runs that need it at lower heights.

But great weather, good spring conditions ( and we avoided almost all sludge) and totaly knackered at the end of a great day's skiing.

Tomorrow we're off to Tignes for the day, see what that's like. As per Steve Angus photos on Val thread, looking forward to seeing the empty lake.
snow report
Just uploaded more photos of this months skiing. Still loads to catch up on, but will get them all done as quickly as I can. Takes a while to go through them all so please wait. A selection for everyone who has skied with me since I got back will be posted. Check out the April 2014 Album Two for the latest photos.

Today we managed to find more good spring snow and almost no hiking, but getting through the forest on steep slopes and thin snow was interesting. Tomorrow we are off to Espace Killy for the day. It will be interesting to compare conditions up the road.

Across Les Arcs you can still get down to almost all stations and the pistes we used today in Les Arcs were in good condition. Over in La Plagne the snow was also good 'on and off piste' most of the time. The lower stations in La Plagne ski area are still open, but with only one or two points of access. Higher on the glacier the snow is still firm and chalky.

More good weather to come this week so it will be another warm blue sky day tomorrow.
snow conditions
Back on 'home turf' today after yesterday in EK Beautiful weather, not a cloud in the sky, but slightly colder than yesterday, which meant for possibly the best skiing conditions for the past 10 days.
Went out with the 1950 Owners tour and the guides from Spirit - we thought it was to be a 'run o the mill' tour of the pistes, but they managed to find some great off piste to play in and kept us all happy until well past 2pm. The major excitement came at the end, when we went to the right off Lanchettes, and without enough snow to make it across to Genepi, fought (and that is the right verb) our way down between the pistes. And the rocks, and the heather... It was a great experience, but I suspect there isn't enough snow left there for a repeat performance even tomorrow.

That was followed later on by an exclusive evening up at Aguille Rouge - Apartment owners from across the whole Arcs complex were invited the the lift company to cheese and wine at the top ( with band in the cable car) , followed by a mass decent finishing at about 6:30 pm. Fabulous atmosphere with meeting and greeting across national and village boundaries, wonderful setting, and some amazing views. Not a total party, a la Kangaroo or other slopeside establishments, but let's just say we were 'relaxed' on the descent - the vin rouge was certainly flowing freely.

Started turning a bit crusty by the time we got down, so suspect there will be a good freeze overnight.
The resort is surprisingly empty, and specifically with such good work being done on keeping the place open, and enjoyable conditions (if you are in the right places at the right time) plus superb weather, AND coupled with Parisian holidays, we thought it would be a lot busier. But no, ski straight on to most lifts including the AR cable car - and not just at lunchtime either! 1950 claim to be 85% full but I've heard that 1800 is almost deserted. If you are umming and ahhing about coming out for the final week, it could be wonderful.
snow conditions
Just posted the last few photos from our day in Tignes and Val d'Isere. A long day with very mixed snow, but worth the effort of the drive up. Snow conditions in Espace Killy much the same as in Les Arcs.

Today was another Bellecote day. Managed to get the last ride up the Traverse chair when it closed. Went down the Canadian Couloir one last time with a 500m walk out across the meadows at the bottom. One poor chap, looked like an ESF Instructor from another group appeared to have fallen into the river and was air lifted to hospital. Not very nice. Finished at the waterslide again and still dry. They were having a competition for the best trick. Lot's of fun!

The snow conditions on piste across Les Arcs and La Plagne where we skied today were ok and you could still get to all the lifts we needed without difficulty although some of the alternative routes lower down are now closed. The off piste was frozen higher on the mountain today and only thawed slowly making some places quite tricky in the couloir.

Overall conditions are holding up well for this time in the season and with the possibility of a little more snow IF it get's colder later this weekend we could have a few more good days before the lifts close at the end of next week.

Tomorrow we are off to Val Thorens.
latest report
Yesterday we had an excellent ski around Val Thorens in the sun. Managed to complete five off piste routes and made it to all three glaciers.
The snow in Val Thorens was in good condition and was well worth the effort of driving over from Les Arcs.

Today we went on a tour of La Plagne. Visiting almost all areas and one last lunch at the Forperet restaurant above Montalbert.

It was an overcast day with a little light snowfall at times, but the pistes were in good condition and we even managed a visit to the 'big drop'
on our way back to the waterslide in Les Arcs. In the poor weather none of the young people were brave enough to give it a go!!

After a last drink at the altiport we all headed for home. Considering the weather we still managed to make the most of the day.

See you all next season.

A few photos in the April 2014 Album Two. https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter/photos_albums
ski holidays
Yesterday we skied around the whole of Les Arcs and Peisey Vallandry ski areas. All pistes that were open are in good condition for this time of year. Managed to get up all lifts with no queues. Although poor light at times, we had a fun time on the pistes and finished at the waterslide after a play in the snowpark. Hope you have a good drive home. Photos of the last week are now all posted in the April 2014 Two Album. Enjoy!

TODAY:
Fresh snow in Les Arcs. About 8cm of new snow in Les Arcs this morning. Not bad for a start with the possibility of more later today. Many lifts are closed today, but the main connections are open except Villaroger which is now shut for the season.

Open Lifts Today:
SECTEUR PEISEY-VALLANDRY : OUVERT except TK COMBE / TS PARCHEY / TSD GRIZZLY / TK CABRI /
SECTEUR 1600 : OUVERT except TK MILLERETTE/TKTOMMELET/ TK VEZAILLE / TSD CACHETTE / TS CLOCHERET /
SECTEUR 1800 : OUVERT except TSD VILLARDS/ TS GRAND RENARD / TS CHARMETOGER / TS JARDIN ALPIN /
SECTEUR 2000 : OUVERT except TS COMBORCIERE / TSD PLAGNETTES / TS LANCHETTES / TK LAC des COMBES 1 & 2
SECTEUR VILLAROGER : FERME

Snow conditions around the ski area:
Altitude 1620/1800 m 2040 m 2400 m 3000 m
Hauteur de neige 37 cm 95 cm 156 cm 171 cm
Température -0.6 -2.9 -2.6 -3.5
Risque d’avalanche (1 à 5) : 2 risque LIMITE
New snow: 8 cm – Samedi 19 avril 2014

The conditions everywhere after the fresh snow on piste should be good on the runs which are open. The off piste is a bit patchy and you need to be careful where the new snow is covering areas that have no base.

Time to go and see what it is like before the bad weather returns later in the day.

Polairestar ski and snowboard rental shop at the bottom of the funicular is open this week so if you are passing through Bourg or using the Funicular check out what they have on offer. http://www.polairestar.com
snow report
Today was a POWDER DAY!! Yes, even on Easter Sunday 20 April we had powder. Not just a little, but enough fresh snow to cover most of the old crud and make it fun to ride in most places above 2000m. Lower down it was still sticky by late morning, but if you kept high we were able to find good snow until well into the afternoon.

The fresh snow topped up the pistes nicely and every run that was open proved to be in good condition for this time in the season. Hard pack with fresh snow on top in the morning, becoming soft and then sticky later in the day.

You had to go quite fast to make it across the waterslide, but there were plenty of people having a try. Well done for making it across!

For anyone interested in seeing the photos from today look in the new album. 'Last Week of the Season 2014'.

Tomorrow should be another fun day if the snow keeps up tonight.

Remember Polairestar ski and snowboard rental shop at the bottom of the funicular is open this week
snow report
April 21. It was overcast and wet when we set off in the morning and headed over to Arc 1800. Met up with others and as there was a Mini Grand Piano right on the piste one of our little group gave a concert. Amazing to play like that with ski boots on in the cold. Wish I had such a talent! Take a look at the last message to see the video of him playing.

https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter (Sorry, not sure how I link direct to the video.)

After our little concert we headed up the mountain and over to Arc 2000. Still snowing lightly above 2000m and rain lower down. The great snow from yesterday had all turned to slush and by 11am was already sticky. What a difference a day makes. Oh well! Time to head for a nice lunch.

After an extended lunch we slowly made our way back to Arc 1800 and then over to the waterslide. Even in this weather there were youngsters brave enough to give it a go.

Finally home around 5pm with light snow falling higher up and rain in the valley. Hoping for better weather tomorrow.

Remember Polairestar ski and snowboard rental shop at the bottom of the funicular is open this week
latest report
April 22. Just posted today's photos in the 'Last Week of the Season' Album. Take a look if you are interested in seeing what we have been doing.

We managed to get up onto the Bellecote Glacier and find some fresh untracked powder (well sort of powder, but then it is nearly the end of April).

Made a few lines on the glacier and then headed into the Bellecote Bowl and another untracked route. Very nice! Finally ended up down at the bottom chair and headed back to Les Arcs through the tunnel above Belle Plagne after a picnic in the sun as the clouds started to arrive.

The pistes on the way to the Bellecote and back were holding up well after the fresh snowfall higher up and the hard work of the pisteurs over in La PLagne. It is a pity that Les Arcs seems to have closed so many lifts since the weekend whilst over the other side of the Vanoise Express they seem to do so much better.

The few main pistes in Les Arcs that are open are OK, but showing signs of earth coming through in some places. Hope they try and make it last till the end of the week. A little more snow is forecast higher up on the mountains tonight so we may try the Bellecote again tomorrow.

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy