Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2013/2014: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
a.j., wow! Were you drunk?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Smile the french or the falling over? The light was much worse than it seems - and of course I've only kept the amusing bits!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks like a fun day....I am heading that way the week after next. 😄
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quite a bit of snow forecast over the next 24 hours... if anyone is out there don't forget to keep us updated Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great vid a.j.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow was forecast for last nigh to this morning but as of yet nothing seems to be falling in la tania! Clouding over so hopefully to comes soon!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When I was there earlier in the season in Jan, the off piste (even the bits down the side of the piste) was a bit undesirable...poor base layer and sprinkling of rocks. Generally speaking, I haven't heard of any huge dumps since then, I assume the situation is similar...poor base layer, no significant change to the structure of the layers of the snow, and still a sprinkling of rocks? (excuse the lack of terminology, I'm still learning!)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fxf, it's all OK now !
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fxf, There has been a lot of snow since January ... and its snowing now, even down here at 700m
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Faaaaab! Pretty excited about coming back and it'll be even more lovely with some snow!!!! Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In Courchevel (Le Praz) at mo. Two fantastically sunny days before today. Today was dump time. Started at lunchtime and it's still going. Must have been over 4 inches. Pistes in great condition and now there's fresh powder to be had. Tomorrow looks interesting as I am not sure the piste bashers will be on top of this lot that quickly. So expecting a lot of silliness!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
20cm overnight, sunny now, more snow expected later
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great news about the overnight snow, fingers crossed for some more tonight.

There's also a video of the Val Thorens zip wire on news section of the Val Thorens Guide site if anyone is interested - link below:

http://www.valthorensguide.co.uk/news.html
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arrived in La Tania today, the snow cover is excellent, fresh powder is plentiful and it was snowing in the village earlier with conditions that suggested a lot more higher up.

Brighter skies forecast for tomorrow so it should be a great day.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Very overcast for the first couple of hours this morning, with poor visibility. Then the sun came out, and with about 20cm of fresh snow, it turned into a classic day. More snow forecast tonight, down to 600m.
snow report
Patch seemed to be fine over the VT end above 2200m. Not a cloud in the sky but thick blanket lower down.
snow report
Came off the slopes last night in blazing sunshine, woke up this morning to find it's been snowing all night in La Tania (and presumably further up the mountain). The visibility is going to be appalling but the powder should be great.

Predictions are for a clearer day tomorrow.
snow report
Got back from La Tania Yesterday! what a week. fresh snow overnight Tuesday I think woken to a beautiful bluebird powder day. spent lots of time enjoying knee deep in places off piste. mountain a little cut up in the afternoon. Pretty good few days a bit cloudy after that, then a re fresh dump Friday night so more powder Saturday on quite pistes and off piste due to normal transfers.

all in all everything looking good out there
ski holidays
Warmer weather forecast for later this week
snow report
Spring has sprung in the 3 Valleys!

Much milder today, and everything that gets a bit of sun has started to transform...

Still some good soft snow to be had on true North aspects:

latest report
Looking forward to hitting the slopes tomorrow afternoon for our annual week. Looks like the factor 50 will need liberal application!
snow report
Tshirts are packed. We are on our way on Sunday. Very Happy
snow report
I know that reported snow depths should be taken with a pinch of salt, however I notice that snow depths in VT have dropped by 10cms on both upper and lower slopes (to 245cm and 144cm respectively). Bearing in mind the warmer weather only kicked in a couple of days ago, this seems like a fair drop. It's still 2 weeks till I go Confused and it looks like the warmer weather is set in for the short term.

Any news on conditions from anyone in resort?
latest report
I wouldn't worry: Meteo Chaine Montaigne (Google it) reporting a return to colder conditions from around 19th. We're out on 22nd -- and (light) snow forecast from 20th . Looks like they are going to have a warm and sunny week this week (and most of next though).
snow conditions
Cheers CharlieL, think I'm just getting a bit paranoid!!!
ski holidays
Pistes in excellent shape, very sunny, and quiet today.
snow conditions
Patch, excellent news! I just need them to be excellent shape in 2 weeks time!!! Wink
ski holidays
It all looks to be brewing up rather nicely for the next 3 weeks. Can't wait Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone going out next week? Don't forget to keep us updated on conditions - especially over Sunday and Monday when it's supposed to really warm up! Smile
snow report
I will be going to Les Menuires on Saturday for a week. Haven't been to the area for a few years so looking forward to seeing it all again.
Will report back on the conditions, probably whilst in shorts and a t-shirt from the look of things!
latest report
Cheers Touchguru, I'm out the following Sat so it would good to know what to expect Smile
ski holidays
Handy Turnip, based on many years skiing late MArch/April your highly likely to experience a bit of everything, sun, snow, cloud, blue skies, warm temps and cold temps!!
latest report
Quote:

a bit of everything, sun, snow, cloud, blue skies, warm temps and cold temps!!

to which one can add very hard icy pistes, beautifully soft swooshy pistes, sugary pistes, moguls, that horrible "elephant snot" stuff which grabs your skis and stops you dead and puddles. What you hope not to get is rain.

A puck of Zardoz Notwax is good for the snotty elephant stuff.
ski holidays
Handy Turnip,
I'm off to VT tomorrow morning (hopefully in resort in time for all the rugby matches), so will try and update regularly.
Have yet to pack, though...
ski holidays
Cheers HossDoc, much appreciated! Look forward to the updates - enjoy the rugby! (And the skiing obviously!!!! Smile)
snow conditions
Ok me and 5 mates have booked meribel for the 5th April. Super worried about the conditions as the piste depth seems to be dropping so fast. Can anyone in the know explain how bad our situation is in regards to the likelihood of a week of shredding. Is it likely we will be arriving and not be able to board/ski. Thanks for any responses
snow conditions
Welcome to snowheads Lawson85!! There's rumours that the current warm weather might come to an end next weekend, hopefully coupled with a fresh dump of snow. Obviously a week away is a long time in weather forecasting but fingers crossed! Regardless, there's plenty of higher slopes so I'm sure they'll be plenty of slopes still open, especially over in VT. There's a decent base of snow this year, so it'll take quite a while to melt.
ski holidays
Ok thanks handy turnip I booked it telling my mates we have nothing to worry about and now I'm the one worrying. As long as we can ride somewhere I think ill escape the blame.
snow report
Just had an excellent week in 3V staying in Reberty. It was a very warm and sunny week, but the snow held up remarkably well. We have skied much worse in march in 3V.
ski holidays
definite spring skiing today. Hard/Icy in the morning and slushy in the afternoon. All good fun though and as long as you time it right you can have some great skiing.

Lots of slides today on skiers left as you come down from Mont Vallon.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy