Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stag Party - Where to go?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I appreciate my type of question has been asked many a time (I've read most of the replies) but with the choice available we are struggling to pinpoint exactly where we should go.

We are a group of 8 chaps - All in our early/mid 30's. We have a mixed bunch of skiers with most at intermediate/beginner level.

We are looking for a resort that will provide enough skiing options for 2/3 days of skiing (We only want to go for 3 nights) but more importantly a good nightlife.

As most of the crowd are now parents cost is important so we were considering Slovenia/Austria etc.

We've been recommended Ski Stag Weekends who are 'selling' a package to Krvavec - Is this place any good?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rodney, Welcome to the madhouse. I like my Spam shallow fried and served between two slices of bread with a fried egg and ketchup wink Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks halfhand - Exactly the response I was looking for wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rodney, welcome to snowHeads.

Never heard of Krvavec to be honest.

One option may be to head to Innsbruck and ski the slopes around there. Lively town, no wasted time on transfers, good old Austrian Apres, possibly easier to get 3 night stays than many resorts.

On a personal level, I did a 3-night stag in La Plagne Bellecotte - we all stayed in SC apartments. Great snow, more than enough apres and it wasn't overly expensive - flew into Grenoble, hired cars. Once the cost was spread around it didn't work out that much at all (guess it is all depends on perspective). This was early Feb time.

When are you planning on going?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All - I think we are settled on Slovenia for now as it looks reasonably priced and also a good level of nightlife/skiing.

Any suggestions around where to stay, places to go etc would be great.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
halfhand wrote:
Rodney, Welcome to the madhouse. I like my Spam shallow fried and served between two slices of bread with a fried egg and ketchup wink Laughing

Ahh rolling eyes Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Jaggeur.

We are looking to go in late March due to other committments we have.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good luck with Slovenia....I'm sure it'll be memorable Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jaggeur - Care to elaborate??? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rodney, I don't know anyone who has been there and has described Slovenia as having a good level of skiing.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
7.30 a.m refreshing beer is highly praised in the comments.

How can you argue with all those semi naked women.

Who needs more than 25k of runs.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mistress Panda - Thank you for your reply.

As we are all beginners/intermediate level I assume the level of skiing in Slovenia is at a good enough level (And enough variety) for the quality of skier that we have?

Mistress- Panda - What did your friends say about the apres-ski/nightlife when they went there?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Think it's a tiny place a short taxi ride from the airport?
There was a thread last season about it. Nightlife will probably all be in Ljubljana.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Krvavec Ski Centre offers no suitable accommodation for stags, as there is no apres after 6pm [when the lifts shut down]. So our guests are quickly transported back to the capital centre, where we have a choice of hotels, apartments and hostels.

Well thats me out.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Slovakia has better skiing, but not known for nightlife. Just go all out for Mayrhofen.
latest report
blahblahblah - Thank you.

As appealing as the semi-naked women sound, 90% of the men are married with kids so we won't be seeing them!

We just want an area with a good few bars, a sprinkling of clubs and a friendly crowd!
snow report
Thanks Beequin.

What is the cost like in Mayrhofen?

We are a little wary of the 8 Euro pints we keep hearing about!
snow report
3.60 for a beer. may be 3.80 for a weissbier. in town, on the mountain, in the hotel, it's all the same price. Don't recall how much it was in Slovenia.
ski holidays
andy - Thank you.

Have you been to Slovenia?

If so - Would you recommend going there or to Austria?
ski holidays
At the serious risk of being labelled a grumpy old fart ....... Is this what you all want to do? Whenever I was asked to go on one of these do's I used to dread them. It's hard to say 'no', and yet I really didn't want to spend precious cash and holiday/weekend time on a stag do instead of with wife/family. Often they were people I really liked, and wanted to spend an evening with, but not three days complete with compulsory hangovers etc. Especially if you are going to an utterly crap resort in the armpit of Europe.

Damn, even I think i sound like a grumpy old fart Sad
latest report
foxtrotzulu - You are no more a old fart than the 3 of us who are organising the trip are!
snow report
Yes, but only in summer.

Austria would be the more sensible choice for the Apres, and also the more sensible choice for those wanting to clock up piste miles, and probably best for tuition too.
Slovenia is a stunning place, but it's a bit off the beaten track. Small villages with no bars, or serious back country.

Nice place though, and cheap. I'm going back, but for mountain biking, not skiing.
snow conditions
That's very useful - thanks andy.

Have you been out in Ljubljana? What is the city like?

Without sounding like a steroetype English stag - The skiing is important but the nightlife is even more important (I appreciate that will annoy alot of people which I apologise for!)
ski holidays
Only the one night in Ljubljana. Sadly all but one of the people that came off the Easyjet flight from LGW were there for a footy match, so every bar was brits getting wasted. The other one was a friend that I collected from the Airport.

Good eateries much like any other Western European city. Good beer/bars. A few "English"/"Irish" pubs too.

Don't go there on 1st/2nd May like we did cos they have a double public holiday and everywhere is shut.
snow report
Thanks andy.

And will they all be busy in March?

We don't want to be the only ones out! (We will be there for a weekend)
snow report
Dunno. Only been in summer. Seemed a bit like Prague to me, but with fewer people.
latest report
Thanks again andy.
snow report
Rodney wrote:
Without sounding like a stereotype English stag - the skiing is important but the nightlife is even more important

It sounds like you have already decided on Slovakia, but if not, there are plenty of Austrian resorts where the apres+nightlife is equally as memorable (or forgettable depending on alcohol consumption levels...Toofy Grin) as the slopes.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi hd,

I think we have decided on Slovenia - Hearing a lot of good things about Ljubljana and also the slopes are good enough for a bunch of novice skiers for 3 days.

Thanks for all of your help.
snow conditions
I had a hen-do in St Anton. My cousin went on a stag do to Slovenia. I don't think there was much skiing.
ski holidays
Mistress Panda wrote:
Rodney, I don't know anyone who has been there and has described Slovenia as having a good level of skiing.

Well Tina Maze got 24 WC podiums last season.
snow report
we did a stag in Bulgaria a couple of years back in Bansko. Stayed at the Kempinski. Enough to keep our group occupied with some good skiing for the advanced lot over the other side of the mountain and enough for beginners etc. Night life was a bit sketchy at times with the usual dodgy eastern european bouncers( a mate was v drunk being frogmarched to cash machine by bouncer from strip club) luckily we saw it happening and saved him from losing a few quid. etc but we had a great time. Cheap food and drink even on the mountain. We did a long boozy lunch and cost us £25 per head. In big resorts would have been over £100 per head.

Should add its a long transfer from the airport at nearly 3 hours

Otherwise as others have said Austria is great and cheaper than France and a short transfer from the airport.
snow conditions
Rodney

I've never been to Slovenia so I can't comment on its suitability.

BUT and it's a big but, it's cheap for a reason. I'd be very concerned about going late march, you may need your mountain bike rather than ski's

Resorts I or friends have been to that I can recommend for BOTH skiing and night life would be Meribel, Val Thorens, Tignes, Pas De La Casa, Les Deux Alpes, Mayrhofen

Have you considered going early January? It's generally the chespest time?
ski holidays
How cheap are we talking for Slovenia? With a bit of creativity you can do Austria pretty cheap. Get a cheap flight and either transfer to somewhere like Mayrhofen, where you can pick up B+Bs on the outskirts of town for 20-25 euros a night. Or fly to Innsbruck, stay in the city and get one of the hotel/ski pass deals where you ski in Axamer Lizum.
snow conditions
Pas de la Casa is normally popular with stag weekends - lots of skiing to go at plus plenty of nightlife on your doorstep.
latest report
How about soll? It's been many years since I have been but i am sure it might fit the bill for the nightlife. Not sure about the beginner skiing bit as I found the skiwelt wasn't really beginner friendly. Does it really matter where you go? Isn't it what you make it? And no doubt once you have a few beers inside you you could probably be anywhere. I would have thought the point of going all that way and expense would be primarily for skiing, otherwise why don't you save your money and go to Blackpool?
ski holidays
Sorry for posting in this thread some time after the question has already been asked, but I thought it might be useful for others as well:)

My company organizes skiing for stag groups in Slovenia, which is becoming very popular. I don't want to promote Slovenia because we operate here & because I live here, so I will try to be as objective as possible Smile)

Why Skiing in Slovenia during a Stag Weekend is a good idea:
- it's close to the capital city of Ljubljana, so you can stay there and reach a great ski slope in just a short 30min drive
- much cheaper here than in other countries such as Austria, Switzerland etc.
- cheap plane tickets from London
- good looking girls everywhere Smile
- as you might have heard, it has been referred as the hidden gem of Europe, yet to be discovered by the masses. In the past, most stag groups went to Prague, but Slovenia is the "new" stag weekend destination at the moment
...those are just a few reasons that come to my mind.

If you wanna know more about what we have to offer regarding skiing / snowboarding in Ljubljana > https://stagpartyljubljana.com/activities/skiing-snowboarding

Skiing in Slovenia might not be the best choice since:
- professional skiers might find the ski slopes a bit shorter compared to other enormous ski resorts
- skiing season here lasts less than 4 months

You can have a look at our stag do offer for Ljubljana here > https://stagpartyljubljana.com/ , don't forget to scroll through our "Blog" section where you'll surely find useful information on both organizing & executing a stag do:)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy