Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canada - Kimberly or Panorama

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the title suggets where would be the best place to go january 2006?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Panorama of these two.

what standard are you and what terrain do you enjoy?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well if you're hiring a car, they're near enough to each other to do both as a 2-centre.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tricky one. Panorama's got the vertical, and some great terrain for the good skier (Taynton Bowl. Extreme Dream Zone), BUT tends not to get as much snow as you'd think.

Kimberley's got good intermediate cruisers, but the steeper trails around the back are rather short and only served by an old triple chair (The Tamarack lift was installed second-hand from Lake Louise, when they upgraded the Larch chair: Kimberley also may not have a load of snow this early, either. When I visited in early January a few years ago, only the frontside trails were open: Late Jan. you should be OK).

HOWEVER, from Kimberley it's easier to get to Fernie, which might get a load of snow. (OTOH it might rain: you pays your money and you takes your choice.)

Given a choice of these two, I'd go for Kimberley, plus car hire, since Kimberley is pretty centrally placed with respect to Fernie, Panorama AND Kicking Horse.

But actually, I probably wouldn't choose either of these two in the first place.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wot Acacia said Smile

didn;t go to Kimberley but panorama (whilst a nicer resort) isnt a patch on Fernie skiing wise, given that we've skiied both in fairly poor conditions
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This year group size has petered out to just two of us.

I'm a keen skier, imtermediate, will ski most things. Like the piste and cruisers also blacks not a problem, I enjoy skiing and like to push myself, but I need to improve off piste. The other I'm going with this year is a boarder and again he is at a good level.

I've done whistler so don't want to go there again, we want to go somewhere new and would like to find good snow in jan and if possible slope side accomodation. Can anyone reccomend anywhere else, we would also consider the states.

Any help would be appreciated
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How about winter park? not that much slope side accom, however there is some. but lots of snow usually?

Or sun peaks in canada?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We did 10 days at Panorama a couple of years ago, too late in the season as we arrived late March and it was hot!! However we still had a great time skiing as it was very quiet, Tayton Bowl was pretty much shut so we did not get into this area, but double black diamond runs in the trees kept us well amused.

We enjoyed the laid back and friendly attitude of the Canadians, good out door BBQ lunches, live music outside in the afternoons, a few beers and fantastic hot pools all slopeside. It's a bit Disney ( only a little though ) but still very enjoyable, I would love to go back and spend 3 or 4 days there when the snow is good then hop off to Kicking Horse to see what that is like.

There are some pictures in the snow media zone to give you a flavour.

Why not do Panorama for a few days then Banff on the way back to Calgary as another option?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alpinebullit, Just re-read your post - I think Panorama would do it for you in January - slopeside it is, all of it. Also forgot to mention that the ski school was very good, we got our Son ( who was a good 8 year old skier ) 3 one on one's with a really good guy who took him way off the beaten track ( I know I followed them one afternoon with the video camera )

Also you can go Heli Skiing from there, I did not do this, but talking to a chap on a chair one day he told me it was fantastic. Oh and by the way they do talk on chairs, unlike europe wher the locals prefer to smoke you out.

Just my 2d's worth
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't know but DavidS reviewed Panorama: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=7914
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
How about the Okanagan - any combination you like from Sun Peaks, Silver Star, Big White and Apex? None of them more than a couple of hours apart, and all slopeside accomodation. From Vancouver you could drive across and make it a circular tour, or you could fly into Kelowna (or Kamloops) and do a circuit from there. BW and SS both have a shutlle from Kelowna airport, and in interresort transfer shuttle so you could make it a 2 centre. Usually good snow in Jan, and not as cold as further inland.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well .. Pano is fun .. really fun. Although when I went it was slightly icy (mind you, that was last season though ..).
Its gots lots to choose form but I found it had more open runs and the prak was good.

Kimberly I loved as well. The night skiing there is pretty much the best in my oppinion. Its a long run for night skiing and the park is right around the middle of it. Plus, I think its slightly less expensive then Pano .. but I could be wrong.

But overall ... both are great and not so far from eachother. I stayed in Fairmount and the drive was conveniant for both hills.

-KLVR
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have an apartment in Kimberley which I would be willing to rent out if you are interested, it is 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms, hot tub, BBQ etc., only a couple of minutes walk from the main ski lift.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pano of the two. Kimberley is constant pitch skiing wherever you go, a good family hill but if you're going all the way from UK I'd go elsewhere. I've only done 2 individual days there and its easy to get bored - basically groomer, mogul or trees down the same pitch. The town is hilarious too

Some pretty damn impressive paraskiers train at Kimberley though - slightly disconcerting going in the lodge to find the Aussie ski team taking off their racing legs etc
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy