Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Mosses Switzerland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have been offered a weekend at a friends chalet in this resort on 19th March. Can anyone offer any opinions as it seems to be too small to have any easy to find write-ups on the web.
At 1450m is it a bit low to be snow sure - or is that not a worry in mid march?
Have looked at the website and it seems that there are enough runs to keep me occupied for a couple of days but would be great to hear from anyone that knows the resort.
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't admit to knowing the resort at all - but I spent about 3 hours there, the week before last (I was with a friend who runs holidays, and he wanted to check out some accommodation)
The village itself seemed quite small, but nice. As far as I am aware, the resort itself has all drag lifts - not great if you were thinking of boarding. The big advantage of the resort is that it is within travelling distance of Les Diablerets, which has a glacier. The other nearby resort is Leysin. If you check out the resort section of a famous, not to be named, website - they provide links to the local websites of both these areas.

This is the local website
http://www.lesmosses.ch/indexEN.html
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Elizabeth - I use 2 planks so could live with drags for just a weekend. We'd have a car - so will go and look at Les Diablerets and Leysin.
[May not want to use their chat - but happy to look at their snow reports and resort writeups - until they shut those off as well!!!]
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry, forgot to mention the other place on the "big" ski pass is Villars.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have been three times:

- it's fine for a day or two. About 10 drags, with max. vertical descent of about 400m. Make sure you ski La Lecherette as well as Les Mosses itself
- nothing very challenging, but a certain charm to the place compared with big "production line" resorts
- rarely queues
- if relevant, has excellent cross country tracks (40km+)
- great views: it's at the top of the pass, with views Northwards towards Chateau d'Oex, and Southwards towards Leysin
- Le Bivouac (in Relais Alpin hotel) good place to eat, as is Le Chaussy restaurant
- Ski Hire: Have had much better experience with Tille Sports (on the main road) than Blatti Sports (chalet style building just off main road)
- By March 19th, will be marginal as to whether there is still snow (probably OK this year given how much snow there has been). If a problem, plenty of alternatives. Les Diablerets 15 minutes drive (& accessible via public transport if necessary). Links to Villars. Also has the glacier - don't bother with the glacier itself, but great runs off the back (Combe d'Audon) and from the half way station. Leysin also only 15 minutes away. Chambery (Portes du Soleil) can be reached in 45 minutes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the info Julian. Am dithering about whether to do it now because the weekend is proving to be quite pricey in the end, but there's always credit cards!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Funnily enough I thought we'd go there on Saturday, I'll let you know how the conditions are. If you've a car there then it's real close to Leysin which is one of favorite local staions. A day at each would be nice I'd think.

You've probably found these links :

http://wispo.stnet.ch/servlet/services?object=BusinessObject&oid=40361

http://www.lesmosses.ch/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
if you go - would love to have an update - turns out that even if I don't go - my friend is still going to go out there whatever happens
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sure, we were just discussing it actually, my GF wants to go to Chateau d'Oex but I was there today and it's tiny so I quite fancy Les Mosses, but it's Monday night and I'll have changed my mind 5 times before the weekend.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy