Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

That other Ski website is going to charge ME £50 to have their link on my page?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Interesting development with the Ski Club of Great Britain website affiliation setup for next year, if SH's didn't know, the SCGB have an affiliation system for retailers where the retailers offer a discount to their members, normal sort of stuff really as its a benefit for being a member of the Ski Club, just like being a Snowhead

However this coming season due to the fact that! in their words

" A keyword search engine
A prominent 'discounts' icon on the website homepage
The option to include a logo next to your listing
A 'discount rotator' to help increase visibility of selected offers
Multiple options to view discounts in a certain order
'Find a local discount' feature for ultimate customer convenience "

This was all available last season, but this year they are going to charge the retailer £50 admin fee, in addition to that the retailer has to fill in the online form themselves plus ensure they have a link on the website back to the Ski Club.

Call me a little sceptical but how is this going to encourage retailers especially new ones to offer SCGB members a discount Puzzled[/b]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
livetoski, I've just received an email from them too, but they want to charge me £250 for my apartment.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Where would you usually expect to be able to place an advert that will be seen by their [X, number of] members?? Seems fairly standard to me. Quite steep for an apartment ad (but then again if it gives you 5 bookings you would not otherwise have had, is it too high a price?)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boardiac, not sure it is even a proper ad, just a very short piece of text with a link to my website, and I have to link to them in return.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's steep. I'd charge them £250 on my site too if they wanted promoting. Not a free link back.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
re arange the following words for a suitable sentence, Ski shooting The is themselves Club the keyboard in.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If I was spending £250 advertising, I would want some very accurate data on website stats, active membership, and provide a discount code for members to use that only members can get access to. If X amount of sales weren't made with that discount code to make it actually worth doing, I'd want my money back.

Unfortunately it seems that the organisation has suddenly realised, a lot like when mankind arrived on Mauritius to find the very tasty and easy to catch dodo, that things change. And that they need to keep pace with that change otherwise they might find themselves very rapidly ceasing to exist. Sadly instead of learning to fly, they seem to have decided that the answer is to jump onto the barbecue. Disappointing really. The club seems to have decided to look after HQ first and the balance book, instead of getting the best possible deal for members so that they want to continue to be a member - one of the reasons I pay for Snowheads membership is because I save something like 4 or 5 times the cost in discounts on trips, equipment, and insurance. If it costs people to work with them, I can't imagine SCGB getting me the same, and my custom is just lining the pockets of the head honchos. Again.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mistress Panda, this is the affiliates page (note it is not advertising, this is extra). http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/affiliates/default.aspx#.UcrEi9Lvvj6

Note the discount thing where ''less than 2% of the site's visitors qualify for the discount"

I believe they have been trying to get me to do this for a couple of years now, at the same £250 rate. This is the page you get your website link on. http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/skiaccommodationsearch/default.aspx#.UcrEHdLvvj4
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mistress Panda,
Quote:

I would want some very accurate data on website stats, active membership, and provide a discount code for members to use that only members can get access to. If X amount of sales weren't made with that discount code to make it actually worth doing, I'd want my money back.

I have done a specific code just for SCGB members which only they can see, I can track the code use and the spend etc, not giving away figures here but, needless to say, the ratio of redemptions is approx 25% SCGB to 75% Snowheads via my site Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They are still emailing me asking for £250 for the affiliation fee, but have not had the courtesy to respond to the email I sent them.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hells Bells, me too Toofy Grin wonder why?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy