Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2013/2014 (Post Season 50cm New Snow :-)

Poster: A snowHead
thewinelake, I unintentionally did the Weisse Ring on Tuesday, top of Ruffikopf was hovering on frozen with decent piste conditions across to Zurs. I had 3/4 rides on the Muggengratbahn and toyed a few run on Muggengrat Tal run. Also skied the still very decent pistes back into Zurs, all below the bad cloud/visibility a couple of times before heading up Madloch lift and down the 33 into Zug. As you say, the snow was somewhat conspicuous by its complete lack all the way up the Zugerberbahn. Steinmahder lift was opening up 3/4 virtually empty pistes, even the runs down to Weibermahd were half decent, but soft, but Rud Alpe was calling with some lovely wine and a plateful of cold meats.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Folks.

For anyone wanting to buy a place in St Anton here aare some places on the market

http://www.immosuchmaschine.at/6580-St-Anton-am-Arlberg

http://www.ofa.at/en/immobilien/immobilien/st-anton/

Few Hotels & Chalets for Sale in Lech

http://www.austria-partner.at/immobilien.php?op=search&pt=&pp=&pl=9&po=S&x=41&y=26
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This afternoon was not clever anywhere! We stopped early and the slush-brakes were quite startling down into Oberlech...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thewinelake,

Rule 1.

This time of the season ski only early in the morning gfor 2-3hrs then
STOP.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thewinelake wrote:
This afternoon was not clever anywhere! We stopped early and the slush-brakes were quite startling down into Oberlech...

Warth higher up was fine, skied there until about 330
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sonnenkopf was great! Started getting a touch soft up top about 1pm, but firm, smooth and eerily quiet until 11.

Restaurants about half Lech prices.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for all the updates here this season - you might think we picked the wrong year to come twice to st anton, but we've actually had two fantastic trips - a superb week of off-piste guiding in february, and then coming back today from an excellent week of spring skiing with the family

the pistes are still in remarkable condition given how warm it's been - there was even some fresh on schindlergrat this morning - most days we worked our way round from nasserein to galzig to schindler to stuben to rendl then lunch and a few afternoon jumps before a slushy ski home and beer - seemed to catch the snow about right, and all highly enjoyable

can't wait to come back when there's enough snow to keep even stanton happy!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just booked Lufthansa MAN to MUC return flights for end January 15, well worth a look, great prices 2 adults £101 each including baggage and skis. Can't beat it!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Markymark29 wrote:
Just booked Lufthansa MAN to MUC return flights for end January 15, well worth a look, great prices 2 adults £101 each including baggage and skis. Can't beat it!!

I saw those prices and was very tempted to book the 12th Jan for 5/6 days. Swiss also have decent prices MAN to ZRH about the same dates, which opens up some more resorts. snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
DER WEISSE RAUSCH - DER BESONDERE WINTERSPORTBEWERB: 19. APRIL 2014 
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton,
Bist du dabei?

http://youtube.com/v/dsNwCiPC_l0
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Folks

Snow tomorow Tuesday 15th April freeze level 1000M & it will be significantly Colder the next few days.

Snow is also expected this Easter Weekend , we could be having a Powder Weisse Rausch !! Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snowing at the moment.

Rumours going round of the Weisse Rausch start being moved to the start of the uphill run due to lack of snow where the mass start usually happens. Likewise talk of lifts in St Anton possibly closing early (Easter Monday being the last day) due to conditions. Some lifts/pistes already closed.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sitter,

The last week of thw season its normal that only a few lifts run. Normally just Galzigbahn
Osthangbahn & a few others.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's not the last week of the season yet (going by the original dates), almost a fortnight to go. Most of them were running end of last season from what I remember, same the one before (powder on the last day, unfortunately didn't go up and enjoy it, niggling wrist injury coupled with driving back to the UK the next day made me decide otherwise) and most pistes still open. This season Riffel II has been closed for about a week now, ditto most of the button lifts at the bottom, and Fangbahn closed a day or two ago. Red 21 closed after Taps race, Black 22 never really opened all season and the Hopplweg (blue 23) is also finished. The runs from Fang down to Nasserein won't be far behind either.
latest report
Quote:

the Hopplweg (blue 23)

Is it really called Hopplweg? I never knew that.
latest report
sah, piste names and numbers.

http://mobile.skiarlberg.at/lifte_ost_en.php
latest report
I thought it was called Plattiwald, they must have changed it. Hopplweg is better:-)
snow conditions
Easter Monday will be Mooserwirts last Apres Ski this season.
latest report
snow report
sah wrote:
I thought it was called Plattiwald, they must have changed it. Hopplweg is better:-)

Hopplweg was always used by the ski school at least.
ski holidays
ski holidays
Yesterdays antics:

Quote:

So we went to the Arlberg instead. Less snow than around here (about 20cms though), and the wind had blow it around a lot. Eastern aspects were skiing real really well, North facing stuff (like Albona) was nasty wind-scoured ice with small pockets of fresh. Scored some goods off Schindlerkar (careful 'cos there's some serious wind loading!!), then headed over to Zürs... Lapped the Muggengrat chair sky times, scoring fresh tracks in fun little couloir type features every run, pushing further and further over (and higher) with every run as the visibility improved... With no-one but ourselves and the lift in sight. Went to ski the Zürser Tali at the end, yet right at the top found another nice little powder-filled couloir with no tracks in it. Traversed high skiers left after that, all the way around the Hasenfluh mountain 'til we were directly above Zurs, which yielded another nice untracked couloir and further fresh tracks right the way down to the village.

First day in the Arlberg for me this season, and was much better than expected!
snow conditions
Folks

10.00 .--. It is well below freezing up on Galzig this morning around about -6C

Snow is in the Forecast for Firday night. Unsettled conditons for the Easter Weekend & the last Week of the season.

Live Stream Der Wiesse Rausch Saturday 19th 16:30

http://sportnet.at/home/massivemoves/snow/1589161/Der-Weisse-Rausch_Livestream

http://tirol.orf.at/studio/stories/2527350/
latest report
Ok not bad folks. Its Karfreitag Almost 13.00hrs & Still below freezing up on Galzig Very Happy

A few German weekenders here otherwise quiet.
latest report
Good luck to all the racers today, I had planned to be there but sustained bad ankle in March, hopefully next year......it's on my list!
snow report
Just above the clouds here on the Valluga -4.5C & almost +9C downtown.

Live Stream...

http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/live/wr2014-live.php#.U1JxNaKTkV8
snow report
Any other SH takers for the Bike Marathon end August?......., I'll be there........looking for 3 hours, just over the 3 hour mark last year.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Markymark29 wrote:
Good luck to all the racers today, I had planned to be there but sustained bad ankle in March, hopefully next year......it's on my list!

See you next year! Would have entered this year had it not been for the fact I was at work this morning.
snow report
Sitter, +1.........how long you staying out there?
ski holidays
Final week of the 2013/2014 season.

Mix bag of weather. Fohn from south , heavy rain expected thenfor Closing weekend
Heavy Snow & more snow to follow when the lifts have closed.
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/q23H5rKjM38
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:
Sitter, +1.........how long you staying out there?

Leave a week tomorrow Sad season seems to have gone so fast.
snow conditions
Folks. Into the last week. I expect from tomorrow fewer lifts in operation.

Well it looks like the 2nd biggest dump of season will come at the End.

The 1st one being before the lifts opened back in October!
ski holidays
stanton, is it an exceptionally poor end of season in St Anton area? How is the skiing higher up? My interest is coming from the fact we have booked 2015 to fly out on the 12th April for the week.

Thanks
snow conditions
NickyJ, Up High the pistes are fine & you can still ski down.

After ANY Easter the ski season in St Anton is pretty much over as far as busineses go & it is generally very quiet.

Tumbleweed time .....

However, The Skiing still remains very good often well into May. It is like a private ski field Very Happy

Impossible to comment on what the conditions will be next season.

All I can say is that Easter 2015 is April 5th (two weeks earlier) & I am "guessing" that the lift company will probably close next season April 19th.

It is all about economics nowadays, long gone are the days when St Anton was open into May.
snow conditions
All sounds good to me Happy
latest report
Folks reported this before but just an update.

Stuben am Arlberg The construction of the new variant of Highway L197.

Works start on April 28th (next weekend) & will not be complted until October 30th 2015.

snow report
NickyJ, this was a very poor year snow wise, however we were out from 5th April, and could still ski top to bottom. By skiing south facing slopes in the morning and north in the afternoon we often found good snow.
snow report
kitenski, great to hear.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy