Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Honeymoon in Lech - Snow/No snow!?

Poster: A snowHead
I am going on honeymoon to Lech on 10 Dec. On looking at the webcams (on a daily basis... several times a day!) I'm a bit concerned that there may not be enough snow. Does anyone stay in/near Lech, and is this the norm for this time of year? Am I panicking over nothing!?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skiing Don, If there is no snow what else could you do on honeymoon in Lech Puzzled . If its skiing you want on that date then it is a gamble to have snow.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
if i was you i wouldnt particularly worry, im working in st anton for 3rd year in row, there has always been snow at this point in december, ok you may have to go high to find good stuff as the lower slopes wont be at there best.

remember with your ski pass you are connected to the st anton mountain aswell, this goes all the way up to 2811m, and judging by the frak weather austria has had in in summer, it is predicted to be a good winter, so fingers crossed.

if i remember correctly in the past 2 years i have got to resort round about the 10th dec and the lifts have been open. if you are looking for something else to do, innsbruck is not far by train, good for a day out, plenty of shops to keep wife happy!!!

apart from that enjoy your hols

l8rs
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
if i was you i wouldnt particularly worry, im working in st anton for 3rd year in row, there has always been snow at this point in december, ok you may have to go high to find good stuff as the lower slopes wont be at there best.

remember with your ski pass you are connected to the st anton mountain aswell, this goes all the way up to 2811m, and judging by the frak weather austria has had in in summer, it is predicted to be a good winter, so fingers crossed.

if i remember correctly in the past 2 years i have got to resort round about the 10th dec and the lifts have been open. if you are looking for something else to do, innsbruck is not far by train, good for a day out, plenty of shops to keep wife happy!!!

apart from that enjoy your hols

l8rs
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wouldnt worry. It only requires one storm to kick-off the season in the Arlberg.

Cant remember if it was last or the year before, they had plenty of snow early November then theres was a warm spell which melted most, but just before Xmas it dumped to put things back into shape. Anycase there plenty of snowmaking over in Lech.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That was last year Stanton, I arrived in resort around about the 10th december, and it was a bit green lower down, then it dumped loads about 6inches in resort on the 16th December. Skiing Don, you really should be able to get some skiing in, the authorities have started the season from the 3rd December this season in St Anton, Lech should be the same. The mountains should be relatively quiet too. Do take a trip to Sonnenkopf, this is covered on your lift pass, and generally has nice conditions. I hope so anyway, one of my favourite places to ski!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers guys, a lot more positive on the last two post compared to the first reply!

I'm sure there will be a few other things to do if the skiings not up to much. The hotel has a good spa so that should keep the other half happy!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That was last year Stanton, I arrived in resort around about the 10th december, and it was a bit green lower down, then it dumped loads about 6inches in resort on the 16th December. Skiing Don, you really should be able to get some skiing in, the authorities have started the season from the 3rd December this season in St Anton, Lech should be the same. The mountains should be relatively quiet too. Do take a trip to Sonnenkopf, this is covered on your lift pass, and generally has nice conditions. I hope so anyway, one of my favourite places to ski!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Andy C,

Thanks for the memory boot! After 25 seasons I get a litle mixed up but never had a snowless one yet Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton, Not snowless, but 3 years ago we went to St Anton at Christmas and it was green in the town, and pretty horrible of the slopes. Always a risk where you go early doors - it can be fab and quiet or rocks and cow pats.

Tignes this year for us at Christmas - let's see if we can jinx this one Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Skiing Don, This year there will be record snowlevels for the Arlberg region on the 7th December. Avalanche blasting will result in the region not opening until 10th December.

This coming weekends winning lottery numbers are : 6,8, 14,21,32, & 48 with bonus ball 17. Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skiing Don,

If there is insufficient snow and you pick a day trip to Innsbruck it is 67 miles approx. Another 13 miles further is Wattens whcih is the famous Swarovski silver crystal HQ and factory. It is a tourist attraction with the world best collection on display with shops. Just don't forget to bring the visa card along or should I say do forget to bring it.

Liechtenstein is 42 miles away from St Anton, opposite direction to Innsbruck. There is a very small skiing resort there too, about 7 chairlifts in secret dead end valley via a tunnel. Not been onto it myself but there must be something worthwhile if they charge 37 Euro for a day pass. (St Anton 39.5 Euro)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CP

I remember but you could still ski top to bottom on manmade. Thats all you need Very Happy
Off-Piste is pretty much a non event so early in the season.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks everyone. Saikee, the trip to Inssbruck, the Swarovski silver crystal HQ and Liechtenstein sound just like the things we'll do if we can't ski. Not quite so concerned now as on looking at the webcams there's now snow at the top of the mountain.

To be honest, we both just love being up in the mountains and especially in Austria - can't think of anywhere I'd rather be, snow or no snow!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Skiing Don, Must say that Lech seems like a great place for a honeymoon.
ski holidays
I believe that Lech is one of the most snowsure resorts in Austria.
latest report
Skiing Don,

Just a warning. Bought a silver crystal at Zermat (summer) when Mrs Saikee and I were on our Crystal anniversary a few years back. That triggered off her collection which still continues today. Wattens is the ultimate for anybody wanting to see such things.

If you want to give the lady a treat, enroll her as a member to Swarovski collectors society even for just one year. Think it about £12 to £15. The membership entitles her to bring a guest (i.e you) into the VIP lounge in Wattens. You get free drinks and special souvenirs too. Think it is about 5 to 7 Euro admission charge to the Swarovski World which is sign-posted all the way as soon as you drive into Wattens.

There are UK tours just for going to Wattens to see the Swarovski World so dropping in on a skiing strip to St Anton/Innsbruck brings more colour, especially you do it as a rest day to tour around leisurely in Austria winter.
snow report
Thanks again everyone but it's......... SNOW, SNOW, SNOW !!!!!!

http://www.lech-zuers.at/home.asp?sprache=1
latest report
Well they got plenty now & more on the way
Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy