Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2018/2019

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@WindOfChange, they are mostly less than a day - aren't they? Mind you, we quite often buy 4 hour passes as 10:00 am + 4 hrs takes you to a good lunch and if it's all downhill from there... Happy
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thinking buying a Chatel Freedom season pass as they are currently significantly cheaper that the PDS season pass (€447 vs €871). Does anyone know if there is a 'upgrade' fee available should I wish to extend to PDS for a day / week?
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last couple of season's it has been 10% off the day rate (to get the reduction you hand in your local area season pass -chatel liberte in this case- for a pds one and swap it back at the end of the ski day) which isn't much. Depending on how many ski days you do and/or what months you plan to ski most the 20 day pds pass or the half season pds pass (from 09/02) are the other options if you don't want to pay full price pds season pass.
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@julietp, thanks

This will be our first winter season where we exclusively ski Chatel / PDS now that our apartment is ready. I plan to do 2-3 full weeks interdispersed from Feb and a few weeekends here and there. I will need to calculate the breakeven for buying full PDS pass vs upgrading as needed vs just pay-as-we-go for this season until we are settled and more familiar with the area.
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chatelweb.com website is now back in action for the season with the daily snow reports now being published on the new ans slick https://www.chatelsnowreport.com/

Big shout out to Chas who spends many hours every week pouring over weather charts and models to provide what I think is a very good localised report, not just for Chatel but for the PdS.

I have no affiliation whatsoever but take note of the 'donate' button which I assume helps them continue the good work.
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Ozboy, We have the full season PdS pass, but in February hols we normally just go to La Chapelle, Torgon, Chalet Neuf, Super Chatel, Linga, PLJ, Morgins Forest, Savolaire etc.. as its way less busy over that side. There used to be a pass called "Evasion" which covered all this so our friends would just buy that. I think this is now called Chapelle Liberte.
The breakeven on a (discounted) PdS season pass is about 18 full PdS Days ( not limited to one sector ). There is also a half season PdS pass from early February for about 500 EUR, so that might be the most cost effective as that only takes about 9 days to amortise, and gives access to all PdS.
If you want a weather report today - its sunny above 700m, below that its cloudy / foggy.
snow conditions     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy