Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap family trip - Easter Hols 19

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've looking at taking the kids (12y/10y) away for a the week before Easter. Trying to do it as cheap as I can.

Looking for another family(s) to join.

Currently, I've found:

Flights Bristol -> Toulouse on Sun 7th Apr, rtn 14th Apr. Approx £70 pp + luggage. (so around £300 for 3 seats/2 bags/1 large snowboard bag)
Car hire approx £200.
Accom in Ax les Therms approx £300. Could go to other French Pyrenees resorts etc.

Also open to driving to the French alps - leaving Fri/Sat etc...

About us:
Kids are both good skiers and will be with me on the mountain. I'm on a board. We ride on and off piste - love playing in the slush - minor jumps through the park. Lots of goofing around in the spring conditions.

Any one interested?
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd recommend somewhere higher than Pyrenees. Snow is slushy(if they have any), even in March.
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi @earl, I could be interested. I'll PM you.

I've done a few budget SC family holidays at Easter, and one where we took a last minute deal on a catered chalet via the Chalet Direct 'solutions' area.

"Height is everything", at least in April, which is why I've often found myself going back to the 3V, and Val Thorens in particular. But I'd be very interested to try somewhere else.
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can also look on Booking.com, cos they have loads of apartments everywhere. Private Hire usually works out as cheap as transfers or hire car, if you've 8 or so, and better with kids, as waiting and shorter transfer times. I'm sure there are lots of High resorts, but Les Deux Alpes might be worth looking at; I like it anyway.
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Give me a yell Tom.

Easter was in Pila last season and Puy Staint Vincent the season before.

Puy Staint Vincent was really late in the season - the bottom half was closed and the upper was typical spring. But it doesn't really worry me too much. We/I love riding the slush - fast and furious style. Landings are soft, sun is out, weather is warm. In a way - its better for the kids. (but they do miss out on the pow...)

Lack of fresh snow on the roads means it was easy to do days away Serre Chevalier/Sestriere/Montgenevre. Great variety - good fun.
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@earl, hi, I would be interested, my son and I don't have any skiing planned yet and it's driving me crazy. I can't really face a whole week of just 14 year old boy conversation as much as I love him! We are both intermediate skiers. I have not done off piste but keen to learn and could always try and do a course in Scotland (where we live) before proposed trip... We live 20 miles south of Edinburgh. I am female, I don't need luxury just cleanliness and decent grub and snow! Jo
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Pee
I've booked the week the 8th Apr off at work so I'm committed.

Tomj has been in touch and we threw around some ideas. We both live in the south so we have the option to drive.

If your window shopping for accom then its 3 adults + 5 kids from 10y-14y. As long as the kids get along - imagine how much fun they will have as gang all riding together Wink
snow conditions     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy