Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 3 Vallées 2018/19 - Courchevel, Meribel, Val Thorens etc etc etc

Poster: A snowHead
Ptspeak wrote:
Thank you. I think we are leaning heavily towards Val D for the entire week.

Enjoy your divorce Toofy Grin
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Raceplate wrote:
Ptspeak wrote:
Thank you. I think we are leaning heavily towards Val D for the entire week.

Enjoy your divorce Toofy Grin

Ha ha. We survived Jackson Hole and St Anton last year, I suppose we will make it as long as I hire an instructor. We barely survived my attempts to teach her.
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Delighted to see all this up and running! Interesting about Le Praz. Hoping to head before Xmas if there snow is as good as last year.
latest report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I see if you buy a season pass for Tignes & Val d'Isere before the end of October you get 25% off making it €1012.50.

Which compares rather favourably with the 3 Valleys pass at €1310. Anybody know of any early bird discounts for 3V?
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
First part of whats new in 3vs:

https://www.latania.co.uk/blog/whats-new-in-la-tania-the-3-valleys-2019-the-definitive-guide-part-1-of-2/
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Little Martin,

Excellent. Thanks very much.

Thats a lot of development work across the 3V's. And only 6 weeks until we go to Val Thorens to kick off our season! Very Happy
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Little Martin, thanks for posting, always a great read. Does anyone know what the 'VT Amazing Ride' is? It seems to run parallel with the Moraine and Genepi runs in Val Thorens.
latest report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Little Martin - I saw that post as well, +1 for sharing, so in depth, great research by Latania.co.uk guys
snow conditions     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Many thanks for the great link. It always amazes me how the independent www.latania.co.uk folks have more up-to-date maps and info then the official sites!
snow conditions     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Talking of which, Toffa, who is a contact for the www.latania.co.uk site, advised that there are no early bird discounts for 3V passes, other than the minimal savings for buying more than one. Sad
latest report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It always annoys us that the 3Vs (unlike Tignes) offer sweet "Football Association" discount to owners. Tignes owners can get 50% off a season pass... rolling eyes

Discount and early bird mean nothing in the 3 Valleys. Sad
snow report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Interesting that the Creux Noirs area will not be accessible by lift for Winter 2019.....so that's going to be some pretty decent OP in that area with a short skin/boot hike???
snow conditions     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski wrote:
Interesting that the Creux Noirs area will not be accessible by lift for Winter 2019.....so that's going to be some pretty decent OP in that area with a short skin/boot hike???

You can pretty much traverse straight into it from the top of Creux so I don't think it will last long. I saw plenty of people going that way after they shut the lift last season.
snow conditions     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Little Martin, great article, but i can't seem to see the photos, am I the only one?
snow report     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Raceplate, in fairness it takes more than a traverse to get over the top and into the Creux Noirs bowl proper (or the ridge to the other lines further along... Could be good over there this winter - a short walk always thins out the numbers!
ski holidays     
@offpisteskiing, thanks for the confirmation, didn't think it was that easy!
snow report     
@kitenski, thought you were referring to the unused "pistes" rather than the bowl. But yes, probably only around 150m up from where you could traverse to to get over the top.
snow report     
Part 2 out:

https://www.latania.co.uk/blog/whats-new-in-la-tania-the-3-valleys-2019-the-definitive-guide-part-2-of-2
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy