Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zillertal 2018/2019

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I couldn’t see a new Zillertal thread so thought I would kick it off.

Quite a bit of building work going on in the valley. I will post some links shortly.

First sign of winter has been and gone but feels like the new season is almost upon us 😁

There are many regulars on here that are much more knowledgeable than me and I am sure all will be happy to answer any questions Zillertal newbies might have.

Fingers crossed for a fantastic season!!
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’m heading there all the way from Australia so I’m hoping for snow. We’re there very early though so it may be machine made for us.
We’ll be in Kaltenbach over Christmas.
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
New piste map for Mayrhofen includes new Moslbahn and new piste 16

snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And diary of the construction here

https://www.mayrhofner-bergbahnen.com/en/mountain-experience-winter/activities/skiing/new-moeslbahn-in-winter-201819/
snow conditions     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@sbooker, a new lift and facilities at Kaltenbach. This forum has some construction photos and chat in German but google translate if you want to read.
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26962&start=650
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@sbooker, how many days are you there for? Will you try the other areas in the valley?
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
im there for a week in january . snowHead
snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Plan to drop by Kaltenbach and/or Z-a-Z for one of the weekends in January. And maybe February. And maybe March too.

That self-serve restaurant in Kaltenbach certainly needed a bit of a refresh.
latest report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@andy, it seems the new resort owner (forget his name) is investing significantly.
ski holidays     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Bennyboy1,
We’re there for just four days before moving on. I expect we’ll check out other areas if they’re open.
I hope not to have to catch the bus up to the glacier but that is our fall back.

We’ve spend a number of nervous early December’s checking out snow reports and webcams before heading to the US and Canada in previous years.
Europe seems to be much more geared up with snowmaking so we’re hoping the cool weather plays it’s part.
snow report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@sbooker, I was in the valley a couple of years a go in December when December natural snow was non existent. Luckily temperatures were ok so 90% of runs were open with man made stuff. They do a good job in Austria. I wouldn’t be too worried.

It’s certainly worth checking out the other resorts if you have time but Kaltenbach and Fügen is going to keep you busy for a while in any case. Zell is probably 10 mins up the valley, lifts are next to a highway but access to a huge ski area from there. If you like skiing a lot of km in one day then you might want to give it a go.
snow conditions     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Some new pictures of the Moslbahn here
snow conditions     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://www.mayrhofner-bergbahnen.com/erlebnis-am-berg-winter/aktivitaeten/skifahren/neu-moeslbahn-ab-201819/
snow conditions     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy