Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Indoor Bumps Course - Which Smith, Phil or Warren?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
September course dates are up on websites now and I want to book a days mogul training for me and Jnr. I read this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=132645 with interest last year and given that Castleford and Manchester are the least inconvenient domes for me to get to, the Warren Smith course seemed ideal.

However, last year when I mentioned this plan our excellent ski school instructor last year, he asked whether I'd considered Phil Smith's Snoworks courses. And lo and behold they're on at much the same times in much the same locations for much the same price. The instructor did talk at the time about differences in ethos and overarching principles and learning styles but not much of it sunk in.

I don't expect anyone to have done an indoor moguls course with both, although you never know; but could any of you maybe explain what differences we might see between the two?
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You'll see my comments on the original thread. Suffice to say I would consider doing the Warren Smith again this autumn, I think I would get lots more out of it.
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm also wanting to do a bumps course, or maybe 2? I did a general WS course earlier this year, but felt that the pupil to instructor ratio (about 8:1) made it less helpful than I'd hoped. I presume it's the same instructor?
Then again, I can't even find times on the Snoworks website, and their e-mail is rejecting messages...
Maybe I'll sign up to do both...

Question: which is the better snowdome for a course, Chill Factore or Castleford?
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Grizzler wrote:
Question: which is the better snowdome for a course, Chill Factore or Castleford?

Whichever is nearest, honestly there's nothing to choose between them.
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bumps...
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Penry, I'm booking on the WS one (or 2). Timing suits me better.
snow conditions     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How do you turn on one bump? ...

As in, if you can’t turn on the first one...
snow conditions     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy