Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better!
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sheffield Ski Village

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looks like there could be some hope for the Ski Village. I really hope this happens, loved my time up there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-42157424
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
that's v.good news
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I never skied there but did plenty with the kids: tobogganing, sliding down on rubber rings, a decent play area, ten pin bowling.

The trouble is, while I'd love it to be a success, it wasn't last time and the market's more difficulty now. I don't see as yet, what the radical improvement is in these plans. I didn't feel it was badly run before, certainly not badly enough to require quite so many fires.
latest report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Saw this on BBC Look North last night. Used to spend a bit of time there always enjoyed it better than a fridge. Would be pleased to see it re-open. The article last night said there would be more details on tonight broadcasts.

Also try this for more details but you'll probably need a login http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/yorkshire/news/2013849-developer-announced-22.5m-ski-village?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Yorkshire_29th_Nov_2017_Daily
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
'could include an indoor ski diving centre'

WTF is one of them Puzzled
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@martinm, in a tube air is blown at you from below which keeps you off the ground while you try to avoid cannoning into the sides. A small child can try something similar with a leaf blower in a shower cubicle although my kids were underwhelmed.

Oops, that would be indoor sky diving, not ski diving. Ski diving is much more extreme.


Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 29-11-17 17:32; edited 1 time in total
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As a world class cynic who has spend the last 5 years watching smoke rising from the hill where the ski village once stood - "I will believe it when I can ski on it..."

Their website is full of hot air - and no specific mention of a ski slope ?
(Although this is mentioned in lots of the other articles online...)

https://www.extremesportscompany.com/extreme-destination-sheffield?fb_comment_id=864309400361901_883073571818817
snow conditions     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I suspect this will be funded by building houses in the area
ski holidays     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Plans in public domain

http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/yorkshire/news/2022726-multi-million-pound-plans-for-former-ski-village-revealed
latest report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@stevew, Be good if it happens but I doubt it, not on a large scale anyway. Its a really run down area and certainly needs some investment but i'll believe it when I see it. In the meantime i'll not be holding my breath!
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
here's hoping....
ski holidays     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm afraid to say I'm a bit underwhelmed. A sky bar and a luxury restaurant? Where do they fit in with what is essentially an outdoor pursuits centre?

Quote:
"Facilities operator Continuum Attractions, which runs the Emirates Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth, York's Chocolate Story and tours of the Coronation Street set, is also working on the project."


So no real experience of operating something similar.


A link that you don't have to log into...
https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/first-look-at-vision-for-22-5m-revived-sheffield-ski-village-as-plans-take-shape-1-9224278


I really hope this works, it would be incredibly convenient for the family, but this vision doesn't inspire me with confidence.
snow conditions     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Markymark29 wrote:
@stevew, Be good if it happens but I doubt it, not on a large scale anyway. Its a really run down area and certainly needs some investment but i'll believe it when I see it. In the meantime i'll not be holding my breath!


I agree and the access to it always made it feel tucked away in a bit of middle of nowhere. Spent many hours there back in the 90's and would be nice to see it up and running again.
ski holidays     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The "extreme sports company" can't even spell their "extreme sports" - the word's "abseil". Not really a sport, is it?
latest report     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stevew wrote:
Markymark29 wrote:
@stevew, Be good if it happens but I doubt it, not on a large scale anyway. Its a really run down area and certainly needs some investment but i'll believe it when I see it. In the meantime i'll not be holding my breath!


I agree and the access to it always made it feel tucked away in a bit of middle of nowhere. Spent many hours there back in the 90's and would be nice to see it up and running again.


It needs a decent link to the M1 before it will be financially sensible. It takes ages to get to where it was from the M1. Both the competitors are within a couple of miles of a junction.
snow report     
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Jake43 wrote:
stevew wrote:
Markymark29 wrote:
@stevew, Be good if it happens but I doubt it, not on a large scale anyway. Its a really run down area and certainly needs some investment but i'll believe it when I see it. In the meantime i'll not be holding my breath!


I agree and the access to it always made it feel tucked away in a bit of middle of nowhere. Spent many hours there back in the 90's and would be nice to see it up and running again.


It needs a decent link to the M1 before it will be financially sensible. It takes ages to get to where it was from the M1. Both the competitors are within a couple of miles of a junction.


maybe your taking the wrong junction? I drive past it everytime I visit family in that area & its only 15mins off the motorway.
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
To be fair, wasn't exactly ever the easiest place to find, and not straight off the Mway like Chill Factore (say), but not too bad as long as you didn't hit Parkway or central Sheffld in rush hour or Friday afternoon or when the Blades or Owls were playing at home or... Well, yeah, not 100% easy to get to if you weren't reasonably local. (Then again, long Mway drives and the constant M60 roadworks, rush hour in Glasgow, the M62 when busy... They all have their downsides.) But it was a great site nevertheless and still has great potential.
snow conditions     



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy