Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Queenstown/Southern Lakes 2018

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
With fresh snow on the mountains it is time to start this seasons thread. Not much in the way of changes over the summer just Coronet Peak and Cardrona announcing increases to their snow making capacity. Cardrona has also announced that they will be doing 20 million NZ$ worth of improvements over the next few years but apart from the snow making no details as yet. It's only two and a half weeks until the planned opening of the first lifts so the change to colder and wetter weather is right on time. The forecast is for snow off and on for the next week with up to 50cms expected. Not enough to start skiing but getting close and when you add in the efforts of the snow makers we will see major changes by next weekend. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fingers crossed for you 👍
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mike Pow, Thanks. Yesterday it snowed all day on the mountains and this morning i am seeing a few flakes drifting past my window and the forecast is saying snow showers off and on until Saturday Very Happy Coronet Peak has had the snow making working hard for the last 48hrs to add to the coverage. It's not yet enough for opening the lifts but is a very good start.
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Early signs good for a decent season!

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/coldest-winter-in-years-on-its-way-metservice/ar-AAxIhyT?li=BBqdg4K&ocid=wispr

https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/more-wild-weather-after-wintry-blast
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
After the snow over the last week and some full on snow making the mountains are looking very good. There do not appear to be any plans to open any lifts early so still a couple of weeks to go.

Snow making this morning at Coronet Peak

latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cardrona is opening this weekend with limited lifts, just for the weekend.

Looks great down your way!
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And Coronet having a limited operation on Saturday as well.
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes Coronet is opening just for Saturday and Cardrona is opening for Saturday and Sunday. A bit of a marketing teaser with limited lifts and services. Still it's better than nothing.
snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fun and games in the North Island with the usual battle between volcanoes for first to open bragging rights... Mt Ruapehu with a lastminute.com attempt to steal Mt Manganui's thunder with the surprise announcement to open Happy Valley free of charge from 11am-2pm Friday... but with a swift parry that only a nimble wee clubfield could pull off, the Pride of Paranaki got its nose back in front by firing up the bottom T-bar and officially opening the New Zealand winter ski season today.

WINTER 2018 IS HERE! snowHead snowHead snowHead

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/watch-ski-season-officially-underway-hundreds-snow-lovers-take-slopes-mt-taranaki

The Ruapehu season pass is itching to earn its keep so I'll be angling to turn turnstiles every other weekend and, if I manage to read the isobars correctly, Ruapehu's annual powder day over the next 4-5 months. Will post the odd snap from time to time, in between gale force gusts and ice shard shrapnel blasts... just to keep the Southerners reminded of the lovely conditions we have the privilege of on our maunga in the middle Laughing
snow report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Early forecasts for next week are picking over a metre of snow due. Probably won't end up being that much, but could be a good start.

Hutt opens Friday. Cleared the diary just in case Very Happy
snow conditions     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
20cm of snow on the mountains overnight and 5cm down at my place. The usual havoc on the roads with muppets out in large numbers. I took Mrs Sarge in to work this morning (5 km) and saw four cars stuck and three crashes as well as the car that bumped into the back of my truck as I waited at an intersection. Good news for me is that they hit the heavy duty tow bar and only damaged their own vehicle.
The Remarkables is opening tomorrow so the fresh snow is right on time.
snow report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Meanwhile, in North Island...

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/104493902/mt-ruapehu-crater-lake-warming-up-rise-in-volcanic-tremor

Must mean ski season is opening Laughing Shocked rolling eyes
snow report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Sarge McSarge, and @Skiwi 55,

We need skiing pics asap!

Have a great season!
snow conditions     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@dbeatski, Sorry but I won't have any for about a week Sad
ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy