Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bindings and ACLs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody had any issues with Marker Kingpin bindings not releasing? Mine didn't, result - a ruptured ACL in both knees and extensive damage to other ligaments.
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Alfiemalfie, that's really tough for you - do I take it you've done both knees, and that both did not release at the same time?

What were the snow conditions like at the time (eg spring sludge) and what sort of incident was it, slow speed or major wipeout?

After I did mine, and I know others do, is that we naturally look to blame the binding for not releasing.

Have they released for you before ?

Though could well be that your boots were not setup correctly for the binding ?
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, yep, neither binding release. Skiing on a glacier in crusty snow, reasonably high speed prang so would have expected them to release as they have before; and the boots and binding were set up by a ski shop
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My understanding is that the vast majority of ACL injuries are caused by it not being able to twist at the heal. Traditional design of bindings are designed to prevent your leg being broken, not to protect your ligaments.

I have changed my bindings to KneeSafe bindings to attempt to protect what is left of my knees (one of which has half the reconstructed ACL left inside with a third of the cartilage).
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Alfiemalfie, just because they were set up by a shop doesn’t mean they were set correctly.
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been thinking of those Kneesafe bindings as this is my second ACL injury. What do you reckon to them?
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
True, but you'd like to think they've done the job properly. And I'd been using them for two seasons with no previous issues
snow conditions     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alfiemalfie wrote:
I've been thinking of those Kneesafe bindings as this is my second ACL injury. What do you reckon to them?

I have got on fine with them and managed a test of the heal twist release once. I got them from SpyderJon when I was doing he ski servicing course. It helps with my confidence given the state my knees are now in which in itself is helpful.
snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks - looks like new bindings for me next season then!
snow report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Definitely check out the new Salomon Shift bindings.

http://shift-bindings.salomon.com/en

I feel this is the future ... and has to be the safest touring binding around ...

BTW I have no association with Salomon.
ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy