Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotlandís ski areas top google searches

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/news/scotland-ski-resorts-most-searched-for-skiing-destination-for-uk/

Good to see UK skiing being so successful. Not sure it has much to do with Brexit however? Surely more to do with excellent snow and reliable weather for skiing.

This summer should hopefully see another chairlift at Glencoe adding a large amount of capacity across the plateaux area.
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Peter S, Were/are there plans for another chair at Glenshee too?

Interesting that the 2 top searches were the 2 Gs, rather than CG or Nevis - just because of being the most southerly, or for some other reason?

Also, from Winterhighland, I gather that the CG artificial slope plan is not necessarily to be regarded as a good thing...
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Grizzler,

Glenshee has planning permission for a new 4 person chair to replace the cairnwell tbar. However the rumour I heard was that it may be put on hold, perhaps because of evidence of excess capacity from a successful season running the new Tiger chair and/or possible wind issues? The old tbar is actually very reliable.

GS and GC are very popular because they are run by skiers for skiers. In contrast the last 20 years has seen a backlash against Cairngorm as its facilities have contracted and it has turned itís back on the ski community. A shame because for many Cairngorm was always the UK flagship.
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peter S wrote:
Hi Grizzler,
GS and GC are very popular because they are run by skiers for skiers. In contrast the last 20 years has seen a backlash against Cairngorm as its facilities have contracted and it has turned itís back on the ski community. A shame because for many Cairngorm was always the UK flagship.

^ +1
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Peter S, I used always to head to Cairngorm; Mr G learnt to snowboard there, I improved (ahem rolling eyes ) my skiing over many enjoyable trips, weather notwithstanding. However this year - and OK it was a particularly good one - I have firmly grown fond of Glencoe and Glenshee and distinctly grown of a very negative frame of mind against Nevis and, only slightly less so, against Cairngorm. A good number of reasons, but the 2 Gs will get my money from now on if I have the choice.
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Good to see the Scotch resorts finally joining the 21st century and starting to add proper snowmaking and market themselves professionally.

A great season for Glencoe, especially.
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy