Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better!
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Your Favourite Touring Binding?

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Kelskii, yep, that's the part kit.
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dulcamara wrote:
@Sharkymark, hehe actually I meant high cycle but I was running late for the train. Spotted it but thought I could get a way with it.

Usually we don't see many low strain high cycle failures in the solid parts of the bindings due to the loading patterns while skiing being more dominated by sudden impulses and hiking not getting close enough to the required frequencies and cycle counts. The exception being in the springs.

If that makes more sense.


It certainly does!
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

@kedsky, Hoji weighs about 50kg and moves like a cat. Not sure how his use of bindings is relevant for someone like me who weighs 90kg+ and moves like an octopus falling out of a tree


ha! Laughing

it's a fair point though
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@davidof, The Dynafit FT12 is what iíve got on the touring skis - with the super rad grey go faster bit. Bought in 2010. One of the toes seems to not tighten properly. Itís fallen off a few times, usually in touring mode when side stepping or putting some pressure on the toe. Thatís with the toe locked. Sounds like I should retire them?
snow conditions     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno wrote:
@kedsky, Hoji weighs about 50kg and moves like a cat. Not sure how his use of bindings is relevant for someone like me who weighs 90kg+ and moves like an octopus falling out of a tree NehNeh


Hahaha although this type of modesty is to be frowned on... I think what you meant is that you are the best skier on the mountain!
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@BobinCH, naturally, although I have shared a mountain with Hoji a couple of times and I must admit heís pretty good [/boastpost]
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arno wrote:
@BobinCH, naturally, although I have shared a mountain with Hoji a couple of times and I must admit heís pretty good [/boastpost]


Thatís more like it 🤣
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Itís fallen off a few times, usually in touring mode when side stepping or putting some pressure on the toe. Thatís with the toe locked. Sounds like I should retire them?


Could I see the toe piece that is failing and importantly the inserts that you use with them? also is it definitely always the same binding not the same foot (can see what im checking for here of course Very Happy ) I can ask at the returns dept if they can do anything to help.
snow conditions     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@dulcamara, skis are up in Verbier. Will try and take a video of it next time Iím up there and send it to you. Basically looked like one of the pin arms didnít close properly leaving it loose. Pretty sure itís not the boot insert. Thanks for your offer!
snow report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jedster wrote:
Quote:

@kedsky, Hoji weighs about 50kg and moves like a cat. Not sure how his use of bindings is relevant for someone like me who weighs 90kg+ and moves like an octopus falling out of a tree


ha! Laughing

it's a fair point though


Very fair point when it comes to Hoji, who is probably the most cat-like skier on the planet. If Cody Townsend feels the need to push Salomon to make a better skiing touring binding, given just how good he his, it's also easy to make the point that it's us worse skiers who need the help of better bindings the most Wink

But comparing people is pretty useless here I feel - it all comes down to individual sensitivity or bio-mechanical differences. Skiing with Dulcarama really has proved to me that some people genuinely can ski tech bindings just as well in varying types of snow, but I think we're fairly similar in terms of ability and I just can't ski as well on tech bindings as I do alpine or frame. If you don't notice the difference you're lucky (!) and probably just can't appreciate that for some of us there really is a material difference (narrowing down the how or why would be really interesting though!).
latest report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
clarky999 wrote:
Skiing with Dulcarama really has proved to me that some people genuinely can ski tech bindings just as well in varying types of snow, but I think we're fairly similar in terms of ability and I just can't ski as well on tech bindings as I do alpine or frame. If you don't notice the difference you're lucky (!) and probably just can't appreciate that for some of us there really is a material difference (narrowing down the how or why would be really interesting though!).


Suspect this is down to ramp angles, ankle flex etc.
ski holidays     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DB wrote:
clarky999 wrote:
Skiing with Dulcarama really has proved to me that some people genuinely can ski tech bindings just as well in varying types of snow, but I think we're fairly similar in terms of ability and I just can't ski as well on tech bindings as I do alpine or frame. If you don't notice the difference you're lucky (!) and probably just can't appreciate that for some of us there really is a material difference (narrowing down the how or why would be really interesting though!).


Suspect this is down to ramp angles, ankle flex etc.


It's not ramp 'cos I've tried with shims, but yeah, I also suspect my crappy ankle flex has a lot to do with it.
ski holidays     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Was going to say I know clarky has been on a few different bindings (some artistic license with the similar ability line though NehNeh ) and anyone can just jump on a pair of pin bindings with no delta and see what happens, lots at play, they are stiffer than alpine bindings at the toe, and the pins in the heel can torque a bit that isn't helped by soft shelled boots, same with the floating heel and a generally shorter binding mounting zone etc etc
latest report     



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy