Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which skis for BASI level 1 and 2?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
skimottaret wrote:
@Little Martin, good effort chipping in on a thread while on an exam, bon chance !!

Hear hear! Thanks everyone for the input. I'll let you know how I get on
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Little Martin, good luck, by now I hope you have a handle if you are pass/fail!

For 166cm length what weight/height are you?
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Little Martin, good luck, hope it's going well.
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Passed my level 2!
snow conditions     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kitenski, 165cm about 70kg
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@edited

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 10-03-18 15:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Little Martin wrote:
Passed my level 2!

Congratulatons!
latest report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Little Martin, nice one Cool Cool Cool You have made great progress since I first saw you ski, Very good work getting your L2 so soon after starting your pro training ! (hope our Instructor FastTrack course back in 2015 helped ) snowHead snowHead
snow conditions     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Little Martin wrote:
Passed my level 2!

Fantastic, well done, enjoy tonight!!
ski holidays     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Little Martin, Well done!
latest report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just for info, today I bought some Dalbello Lupo AT 120s, and Dynastar Speedzones 12 in 174. It's my birthday next week, or at least, that's my excuse.

Now, about that BASI thing...
ski holidays     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret wrote:
@Little Martin, nice one Cool Cool Cool You have made great progress since I first saw you ski, Very good work getting your L2 so soon after starting your pro training ! (hope our Instructor FastTrack course back in 2015 helped ) snowHead snowHead

Thanks, yes I remember the fast track, definitely helped back for my L1.

I shamefully admit I didn't prepare much for the L2, I definitely could have done with some short turn work prior to the course. Still just over 4 years (3rd Feb 2014!) since putting skis on for the first time, apparently I'm still doing well Wink

I'm now considering if L3 is doable, both time and commitments (thanks to Mrs LM for letting me do my L2 at short notice) probably won't let me get it done in any sensible time frame, and give me the chance to train properly.

(sorry for hijacking the thread...)
snow report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've just noticed that BASI have added some reviews of skis from the forthcoming 2018/19 ranges they consider suitable to their website..
https://www.basi.org.uk/BASI/Home_Page_News/The_best_skis_for_Level_1_and_2_courses.aspx

Interesting that the video above suggests that the speedzone 14 would also be suitable for L3, something he doesn't say of any of the other skis reviewed.

On a personal level I can confirm that the speedzone 14 was an excellent choice for passing L2 Very Happy Our trainer was on the Speedzone 16.
ski holidays     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TUbaski, Good review by BASI on the skis, thanks for sharing.. Dynastar gets the nod for L3 duties as well which says something doesnt it Wink

Great result on your L2 pass, musta been the skis Toofy Grin
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy