Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski resorts you won't return to, and why?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Seeing another thread about Tahoe reminds me how much I hated it.

Tacky, ugly and sad. That's the place, the skiing was ok but nothing more
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've only been to La Plagne, 3V (VT and La Tania), Livigno and Ski Amade. Would return to all of them, although Livigno isn't a first choice simply because of the transfer. VT is a bit desolate and unpleasant in poor conditions, La Plagne is ugly and Bellecote can be a pain, but I've never found any of those things to be such a hindrance that I don't want to return.

Like @Conrad Bool, I don't understand people that say La Plagne lacks variety, there are a few places that pistes run side by side and are similar, but on the whole there's good options.
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Keystone Colorado, most fake little purpose built village I ever encountered. Even the village center firepit thing is gas powered and no doubt snuffs out promptly on schedule.
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Levi, Finland. Poor link between the two areas and bus isn't included on ski pass as it is in Ruka which has better variety of pistes. I know not your usual resorts but would go back to Ruka in a heartbeat, well next Christmas but Levi, no thanks. Great x country at both though
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All skiing is good in my book, even a miserable foggy day in Aviemore is fun!
But of resorts I've visited, most of them I probably wouldn't go back to for various reasons. That includes most of the Alps, especially the bigger resorts. It's not that I didn't enjoy them at the time, it's more a case of preferring to ski elsewhere. I've never had a truly bad ski holiday except for Kitzbuhel due to a total lack of snow.
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not so much resorts I wouldn't return to, but ones I wouldn't go to in the first place:

Morzine - just much, much too low and insufficiently snowsure.

Sölden - Only driven past it on the way to Obergurgl, but all we saw were a few tiny ribbons of brown snow snaking down through the muddy fields to an incredibly ugly town straddling a busy main road.
snow conditions     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
foxtrotzulu wrote:
Not so much resorts I wouldn't return to, but ones I wouldn't go to in the first place:

Morzine - just much, much too low and insufficiently snowsure.

Sölden - Only driven past it on the way to Obergurgl, but all we saw were a few tiny ribbons of brown snow snaking down through the muddy fields to an incredibly ugly town straddling a busy main road.

Is it really fair to criticize those two when everywhere else in recent years have been suffering too?
latest report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not sure I could be bothered to go to Morzine and Avoriaz again. Both were too busy for me. Morzine was wet and Avoriaz was too moguled. Too get between them both was a half hour queue.

Although I have some friends who don't go anywhere else..
latest report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy