Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zillertal 2017/18

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@IanW,
Regarding the ski route to Eggalm, you can definitely do it on a snowboard, it is not too flat. It‘s like a narrow cattrack surrounded by trees, but with a nice gradient. Last time I rode it was in January in the afternoon, it was quite warm, so there was a little bit of slush further down and there was one part where you had to cross another street where the snow coverage was just enough to glide over it, but fine otherwise. In a few parts it was oddly shaped with all the snow pushed to the sides and a kind of „valley“ in the middle, which was a bit tricky and maybe more convenient for skiers than snowboarders, but still ok to do, I actually liked the route.

Regarding the trains, there has also been a discussion further up the thread you might want to check out.
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arriving on the 3rd March for a short break. Can anyone recommend some
Ski huts for lunch in the Kaltenbach and Zillertal Arena area? Also some Apres Ski bars in Zell am Ziller where we are staying?

Re lunch, we like a mixture of fine dining and good wholesome food (preferably local cuisine) but not really into self service or pizza and chips. Found Panorama kristallhutte in Kaltenbach area as a good example of higher quality dining.

Thanks
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@mini_mo, Platzlalm in Hochzillertal is good and often quieter because it's not so easy to find. It's along a track on the left of red piste 4.
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@SaraJ, thanks
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Platzalm is great, the other favourites at Kaltenbach are the Wedelhutte and the Kristal.
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy