Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck | Tirol snow conditions 2017/18

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@clarky999, wow... that looks amazing.
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skied at Schlick 2000 for a couple of hours yesterday. Haven't seen that much snow in Stubaital (the whole valley is white the whole way along), yet unfortunately the skiing was pretty mediocre: just too much hard, weird feeling, artificial snow on all the pistes.

Then this morning woke up to this:

After a lazy morning (the lifts were closed while they bombed the couloirs hard) I went for a few laps at Nordkette with my girlfriend - 15th powder day this season already!!

We didn't get there 'til about 1pm, but got plenty of face shots regardless. Easily 50cms of fresh snow at the mid station (1900m). Top lifts stayed shut all day, but the couloirs will be pretty special when they open tomorrow...

ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
3-4cms more snow fell over night in the city, so I guess 10-15cm on the mountain.

Now I'm about to fly back to the UK for Christmas and stuff myself with fish and chips, pork pies, cheddar, bacon, sausage rolls and more fish and chips Very Happy

I'll be back to the Alps before NYE - but in the meantime I hope everyone out over Christmas has great snow and a wonderful time!
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arrived back in Austria today, and was treated to some gorgeous (and very snowy!) views during the descent into Innsbruck!

Crazy how the Alps just erupt from the flatlands...

Austriaska:

The weather looks quite tricky over the next few days. Plenty of snow in the forecast, but (as with everywhere else in the Alps from what I can see/hear) fluctuating freezing levels will be make or break... still very cold outside now, but it should warm up a fair bit (freezing level over 1800m) tomorrow afternoon at some point - question is, will the morning stay cold enough for long enough for a goos time?
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@clarky999, ganslzeit was in November...
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@nozawaonsen, haha true, but leftover sandwich zeit never ends Very Happy

Just started snowing here too!
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Having missed the main powder day on Friday while flying back to Austria, I met up with Dulcerama yesterday to explore a new (to us) resort off the beaten track for my 22 ski day this season.

Initially conditions weren't too inspiring, but we managed to scratch out a few fun turns in fresh snow amongst the crud and crust in the more obvious offpiste areas. It was only later that we found the real goods, and some genuinely awesome tree skiing - and then it started raining to the top (1800m) which turned the snow to super sticky clag much quicker than seemed reasonable, so we called it a day around 3.

Definitely an area to come back to during the next storm though!

Dulcerama brought his funky new camera to play with, so here's a few shots of/by both of us before the snow turned to rain (me in blue/camel, D in yellow/green/black):

Beast of a traffic jam on the way back though. Not so much down to rain/snow/slippy roads (though the conditions won't have helped), but rather just the sheer amount of people making their way to/from resort for the holidays.
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's about time this thread got an update. After the huge dumps and high avi risk of a couple of weeks ago, it's been a bit drier but cloudy and I didn't manage to get out. Then we had what seemed like a small top up – about 5cm in the village at 600m – on Monday.

Yesterday (Tuesday) was a holiday apparently, and so in order to get into the spirit of things, my boss (that's me), let me have the afternoon off to go and play at Nordkette. Bands of cloud kept moving through, so vis was variable, but the second run down from Hafelekar was in glorious sunshine until we hit the trees. Couldn't complain though, depth was way past the top of our boots. clarky999 heads in:

A lovely sunny day today, so it'll still be nice up there, if a little cold. A little more snow due before the weekend I think.
snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Scarlet, Nice
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy