Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PYRENEES 2017-18

Poster: A snowHead
@Pyremaniac, just going to be working the lifts and maybe doing a bit of shaping in the snowpark if they need an extra pair of hands. Been wanting to work up there for a while now so very happy to get a foot in the door! Luckily it's a station that is busier in summer than winter so maybe year round work(ish). Petit train d'artouste in summer, done it a couple of times and it really is good so would love to be working on it.
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Pyremaniac, beautiful pictures. snowHead
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was out in the French Pyrenees last month. Finally got round to making this video - I genuinely was so impressed, will definitely be back -

http://youtube.com/v/6aSCMEliY40
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Pyremaniac Love those pictures and the report, just two weeks to go for us now so I'm getting excited. Looking at the webcams last night I could see more snow falling, although it looks a bit windy today. Is it half term now?

@iainm Your video has me tempted to try St Lary for a long weekend! After a great trip to Champoluc, we decided that we can do without ski in ski out accommodation sometimes, and being in a village makes a nice change. Not sure how this would work with transfers from Toulouse though, they're kind of expensive if you don't want to drive or arrive on a Saturday
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Pyremaniac, great report, great photos. I can't wait to return.
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@dubmuffin - not so sure about transfers. I hired a car and drove to Saint Lary from Toulouse, was pretty straightforward. Saint Lary is not big, lots going on in town. Most central accom is just a short walk from the gondola. Have a great trip!
snow conditions     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just spent 2 days in Ax 3 Domaines and 1 in Masella

I'd never been to Ax before, what a pleasant surprise, the snow was simply sensational, away from the main arteries the mountain was pretty quiet and there was whole pistes full untouched knee high powder and loads of easily accessible off piste. The area is a lot bigger than I expected, more than enough to occupy someone for 4 days +, it's also cheap at about €36 a day. Then you have the town of Ax Les Thermes, which has some great restaurants and being a thermal town it has a great spa/baths, there is also an open air pool of thermal water at the Telecabina where people can sooth the weary feet after a day on the piste..

We were scheduled to leave on Saturday night but there was an issue with the tunnel de Puymorens which was causing 5 hour+ (!) tailbacks to the town, so we stayed an extra night. On Sunday it started raining so we went to Masella, lots of people and plenty of snow, the easily accessible off piste had already been well skied out, and the powder already had a crusty feel to it. In my quest to find fresh powder I got my snowboard stuck in the forest, took the board off and once I planted my boot into the ground the snow came upto my chest! Took me about 20 minutes to get out, learned my lesson there..
latest report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mrvinegar - good feedback. I want to try and get to Ax next season
snow conditions     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Dubmuffin - here's some info on transfers from Toulouse - €23 each way
http://www.n-py.com/fr/tourisme-pyrenees/bons-plans/ski-toute-la-saison/navette-aeroport-toulouses-stations-pyrenees-2-vallees
latest report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Save some for us people!!! I'm just hoping "global warming" keeps itself at bay for the next 5 weeks before we arrive in Arinsal... the conditions look blooommmin ace at the minute NehNeh
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Light rain and poor visibility all over Grandvalira today.
Pistes were quite busy even though the French school holiday don't start until tomorrow.
Made up for the realitvely poor skiing with a excellent lunch in CBBCs just above Pas. Finally, sorted out their appalling service and food seemed better than I remembered.

Snow coverage is good if somewhat mushy with the high temperatures.

The roads were conjested coming up as well left so looks like it was going to be a busy weekend.

Might try and get out midweek, if the sun comes out.
latest report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@mortonia, oh dear, rain and mush, not a nice end to the week. From what I understand, it is due to get colder and there appears to be a little more snow forecast so next week shouldn't be too bad. I have my fingers crossed for good conditions the following week.
snow report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snow just about down to 1400m today though a little wet I hear. 5cm of fresh reported, sun and cool tomorrow, colder mid week.
snow report     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This video is pretty scary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=wGTHS5x1Skc

Nobody too badly hurt it seems https://www.facebook.com/BaqueiraBeretEsqui/posts/1623914687695755
ski holidays     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@mrvinegar, I saw this on an instagram feed. Bit scary! Shocked
ski holidays     
Saw some huge crowns and very deep avalanche debris on the slope last year. Worryingly also saw some tracks running across the slope, cut by the avalanche path.
snow report     
Reports of a bit of fresh snowfall had me off to Arcalis in Andorra today. I had a nice day in the sunshine but in hindsight I should have gone to the Grandvalira. Although the coverage was excellent, and the pistes in good nick, last week's slight thaw has crusted over the off-piste and what little dusting they had yesterday was clearly not sufficient. Arcalis is one of the better freeride resorts in the Pyrenees but it's rather limited in terms of pistes.

More snow is forecast monday and tuesday.
latest report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy