Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Weather Apps/Sites

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What are the best weather apps/sites out there for the Alps (and US)? When I went to Warth over Xmas both Apple and Dark Sky turned out to junk, any good alternatives?
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends where you are. Anything that claims to be global is probably junk. In Switzerland the MeteoSwiss app is pretty accurate. Other countries will have their own I guess.
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
telford_mike wrote:
Depends where you are. Anything that claims to be global is probably junk. In Switzerland the MeteoSwiss app is pretty accurate. Other countries will have their own I guess.

Ok thanks. Thoughts on Bergfex?
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bergfex snow forecasts are very optimistic.
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
musher wrote:
Bergfex snow forecasts are very optimistic.

How much optimistic? So much that they're worthless?
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
yr.no
iski apps are usefull as they have weather + ski trails
snow-forecast & mountain-forecast websites
wxcharts.eu
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@südtirolistdeutsch,
In my experience when they forecast snow next week it only happens about 50% of the time, and you only get half of what is forecast. If they forecast snow tomorrow it will happen, just not as much as they say. So not dissimilar to any optimistic weather forecast really. Still there is plenty of other useful stuff on the site.
snow conditions     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Really like Windy.com, overlays are rather fun...
latest report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowheads and specifically this thread for overall weather forecasts http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=132215
snow conditions     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
+1 for MeteoSwiss in Switzerland: This is configurable in terms of preferred locations and you can set automated alerts based on different criteria. The rainfall animation gives a good picture of current conditions and up to 48 hrs ahead.

and MeteoFrance in France. Like the Met Office, these are the organisations that collect the base data anyway, so I think it's worth going to the original provider. Everyone else is just getting fed the same info.
ski holidays     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Meteo France app also gives you the official daily avalanche risk charts and narrative, area by area.
ski holidays     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
They're all pointless more than 3 days out

I find wepowder superb, and he only commits to specifics about 3 days out. He interprets the data and combines it with local knowledge of resorts and micro weather conditions particular to regions and valleys, and in my experience has been uncannily accurate, whereas the other sites just puke out the models, not to say that can't be reasonably accurate
snow conditions     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy