Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2017/18 inc useful links

Poster: A snowHead
9 of us arrive end of Jan, 2 are new skiers. Any recommendations for which ski school we should look to get them with?

30 year old woman and 40 year old bloke.

Cheers
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@blacksheep, If they want group lessons I'd go with European Ski School. Some English Instructors, lots of Italians but all with very good English. If you want private lessons, take a look at the first post on this thread where all the options are listed.
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi ,
Loving the updates and photos . First time skiing here and at Xmas for us. We normally go later in the season and we were worried there might be no snow .
Is it ever a problem driving up to the resort or are the roads kept fairly clear ? I arrive 23dec at 10pm . The hire car should have snow tyres or chains or both hopefully .
Cheers . 😀⛷
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Deecee6415, Welcome to snowHead Snow hasn't been fantastic the last 2 Christmases, still plenty of skiing though, hopefully better this year. You really need both tbh. If it is really bad the police may even turn back cars with winter tyres and no chains although mostly the tyres will do. However they do work really hard to keep the roads clear especially on changeover days.
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Claude B,

Thanks for that, much appreciated. They would be wanting to join a group. I’ve passed on the info.
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Really cold here today, hasn't got above -6°C in resort and very dull. A bit of fresh snow overnight and it's falling steadily now. A cold weekend up the mountain, Sunday looks best, got to be done though Toofy Grin
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the updates Claude.
The conditions are looking a bit more hopeful now and there seems to be more snow forecast in a weeks time so fingers crossed!
latest report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Went up for 3 hours but skied a fair bit in that time. It was very cold -13C plus windchill at 3200m. Not that much open tbh, lots of runs and lifts closed. Mixture of snow conditions and lack of punters I think. We definitely need more snow and less wind. But it is only 2nd December after all. It looks great in the photos at least Very Happy

snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skied yesterday and today too. Not that much, 3 hours or so each day. The wind has played havoc here scouring the snow away from several key areas causing lift and piste closures. Hopefully the snow due from Thursday onwards will sort it.

Glacier yesterday, Decathlon ski test

Hitting a few bumps (rocks too unfortunately) before my girlfriend comes, she loves them and skis them very well.
latest report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Had a nice day Tuesday, skiing with 4 boarders Inc an instructor 😯 Blue run back to resort now open, all artificial. A lot of snow due starting tonight, it's needed.

I'm busy with bathroom being completely refurbished so won't be skiing too much for next few days.
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fair bit of snow overnight. Woken again by the snowploughs and they've just been blasting up the mountain, 1st time I've heard it this winter. Due to snow every day for next week. I'm going to try to get out tomorrow, day off from bathroom. Some sun but extremely cold from forecast. Friend doing bathroom is a skier, no friends or plumbing on a blue sky powder day Very Happy

snow report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Big dump overnight, it's still snowing now. Lots of blasting, can't see things opening very early. It's due to clear this afternoon, if so will go up Very Happy
ski holidays     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It was really nice skiing for a few hours yesterday afternoon. After the snow the sun appeared, although it was very cold and windy higher. Because of that nothing above 2600m was open. The snow was much better after the dump. Snowed again overnight and still is. I think it will turn to rain lower later though. A lot due in the next week.
latest report     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowed all morning yesterday then turned to rain in the afternoon and hasn't stopped since. Due to continue most of the day turning to snow later. Wind is extremely strong and all lifts are closed. Treacherous driving and walking conditions, snow, then rain, freezing overnight. Road up was blocked earlier.
snow conditions     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hello - quick question - how easy is it to take up the free days skiing at Alpe D'Huez on the six day LDA pass? Does the same pass work with the Alpe D'Huez lift system or do you have to get a day pass? I have been to LDA three times in the last five years with my family and while we love it enough to come back again (read: Mrs Spin has insisted ) I fancy a bit of a change and the rest of my party aren't up to skiing La Grave. Puzzled
snow conditions     
@Spin Doctor, Yes the pass just works. 2 days I think for a 6 day pass. There is a bus 2 days a week (Wednesday and Thursday I think) or drive there, 45 mins, or Auris, 25 mins. Or if flush take the helicopter, surprisingly cheap, 60 or 70€.
ski holidays     
@Snowysarah, I'm a bit late to the party, but we've actually just upped our capacity to 14 people (www.chaletmorville.com). Maybe next time Madeye-Smiley
Venosc is a beautiful place to stay, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it! If you haven't booked ski hire yet, I do recommend using one of the shops besides the pistes, such as Jacques sports (you can use the code BASS to get an online discount) as this will save you having to walk anywhere in ski boots as they have lockers to keep your skis - this makes the walk from the top of the telecabine only 5 minutes.
latest report     
Thank you Claude - much appreciated. Re helicopter - would love to - again the chances of getting Mrs Spin and the little Spins in a helicopter about as likely as them skiing La Grave Toofy Grin
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy