Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying Ski Boots.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just booked a week in la Plagne for last week of Jan or 1st week of Feb and am so tired of rental boots flapping about on the end of my legs (not convinced that they are my legs sometimes) that I'm looking to buy, so can anyone recommend a good boot fitter in South Wales or nearby - has anyone got some good recommendations.

Have seen there is someone in Swansea (level 1 on the bootfitters org) and that there is a Snow and Rock in Exeter (which i travel near to quite regularly). I really don't want someone with the gift of the gab but someone that can advise properly - think i have narrow feet. Or is there a good fitter in la Plagne? Will be driving out so could probably go to chamonix (is it solebootlab - there?) if necessary but would prefer to sort it before going really.

Any good advice will be greatly appreciated.
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@swarmcatcher, It is Sole in Chamonix yes, and if that becomes the plan you will need to book an appointment to be sure...
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Gustavobs, just interested - how happy are you with them. Scale 1 ~10 - i'm guessing 8 and above. To be fair though, as it's your first personal fit, i wonder if you're 'expert' at assessing the fit. I ask because when i went to a notably place, i came away fairly satisfied and £500 lighter (2008) but when asked if i felt big improvements etc. with hand on heart, i truly couldn't, i skied and just got on with making turns, not really thinking/fussing about boot fit etc - those were a 102 width - kept with them for 5 years, trying different liners and booster straps to make the fit better and the boots to be reactive - but i should have given up quicker and got a new boot in the sales sooner. Nowaday's i squeeze myself into a 98 and a low volume version; really fussy about where i need a tight fit etc. but inevitably little stretches here and there are needed.

Skiing at Hemel on a Saturday probably isn't masses of skiing, rather a fair bit of waiting in lift queue's or can be. Feet will get cold though and any pinch points should show themselves.

It's a investment, i hope Profeet have made your feet happy... snowHead
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
@nevis1003, >1,300 ski days so far, full time job and 60 ski days a year...

Nah, I’m not skiing...

Knob.

Really computer says different 14000 posts, no life, internet skier and knob, for super snowhead , read dickhead...
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@nevis1003, you really don't know what you're talking about. @under a new name is definitely not just an 'internet skier'. Are you aware, by the way, that hundreds of people on this forum know one another in real life?
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Hurtle, He also has an issue with@Dave of the Marmottes post count.

Looking more and more like a troll sock with every post.
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
eBay is my friend Toofy Grin picked up a pair of these fer $200, they look and smell brand new apart from one tiny paint chip . . . Very comfortable and remarkably stiff . . . But soddin' heavy. The inner boot is usual snowboard boot weight and a bit taller than most but the exo-skeleton is the weight of a house-brick. Means I can play on the test skis at the eosb Toofy Grin

Retail near $1K Shocked

That'll be a first, hiring skis onna bash . . . But don't worry, my ability to fall off my snowboard in front of the knife & fork terrace will be maintained. Embarassed
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rabbie wrote:
Looking to get boots as a Christmas present. Nearest place is Akain Baxter about 20 miles away. Does anyone have any eperience ofhow good a fitter he is?

Hi Rabbie

I'm a bit late on here.

Alain is great. I Go to him. Another ecomendation is The chap from EB in Glasgow (beard) and longer black salt n pepper hair.

Also Shona from Nevis in Glasgow or someone in Perth.

Back to A B . Just because someone is good at a sport doesn't mean they will be better than someone who has not been a sports person. However, some carry it forward into their new career and Alain is one of these.

I used to be a good footballer (I'll not go into why I never played pro) and the benefit of good kit for precise control is crucial.

Number 1 rule is forget brands and go for the perfect kit for you.
snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@GlasgowCyclops, Thanks for your reply. I have been to see him and am now waiting for his new stock to come in. He was really helpful and appreciated what I really wanted. Have had feet measured and he will contact me when the boots come in.
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy