Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK expats applying for EU citizenship

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@davidof, thank you for sharing that - I actually dreamt about this last night! Not exactly (as dreams don't work that way) but was having dreams about various scenarios relating to not having done stuff I needed to do and having left it too late to tell my husband so he could help... you don't need to be Freud to work that one out!

Your input to this thread has been hugely helpful and so I really, really don't want to deter you or offpisteing skiing from posting all you can here because it has already really helped me (and no doubt others) so much, so please carry on as I would happily and gratefully take more advice/relaying of experience if you have it... but I woke up this morning and had to remind myself of what I've already alluded to in this thread: I've got loads on right now of a lasting and important nature and I cannot let this process take over my (generally very happy) life, which it suddenly started to feel like it was doing! If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work - the sky will not fall in, I have plenty of international work opportunities, and if my husband gets accepted (and it would really say something a bit mad about the process if he didn't), then we can take it from there. I guess I am very lucky to be in that position, because my future prosperity does't swing on this decision.
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof wrote:
The Gendarmes I had come to my house were moderately unpleasant. They asked to see my payslips and mocked my salary, which is about average for the private sector. I guess civil servants are pretty well paid these days. I won't go into the rest but be prepared for a grilling.

The police come to your house while you are in the process of applying for citizenship?

We didnít experience anything like that in Sweden. Online application for the family, reasonable cost, no tests of any sort, Swedish citizenship a few months later.
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Themasterpiece wrote:

We didnít experience anything like that in Sweden. Online application for the family, reasonable cost, no tests of any sort, Swedish citizenship a few months later.

Doesn't surprise me with Sweden.

The police are probably too busy with all the rapes and shootings to have time to make house calls.
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof wrote:
The Gendarmes I had come to my house were moderately unpleasant. They asked to see my payslips and mocked my salary, which is about average for the private sector. I guess civil servants are pretty well paid these days. I won't go into the rest but be prepared for a grilling.

Other than Tax, Salaries and criminal records, did the Gendarmes ask to see your driving licenses to see if you had changed them into French ones.
( I know I need to do this to be a good citizen but I fear they have kept a record of my endorsable offences, waiting for the day I change, and when I get my new license in the post it will come minus 8 points Sad )
snow conditions     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@WindOfChange, i would not talk about that on a public forum
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
WindOfChange wrote:

Other than Tax, Salaries and criminal records, did the Gendarmes ask to see your driving licenses to see if you had changed them into French ones.
( I know I need to do this to be a good citizen but I fear they have kept a record of my endorsable offences, waiting for the day I change, and when I get my new license in the post it will come minus 8 points Sad )

No, but it is not a legal requirement unless you have any tickets but it might be a sign of "integration" I agree.

They didn't ask about criminal records because I've been in France for more than 10 years so no need.
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton wrote:
@WindOfChange, i would not talk about that on a public forum

Its on record anyway. If the Gendarmes keep records , and they are applied retrospectively, then it'll happen anyway, whether I mention it or not.

The only thing which links to me to the most recent offence is my old address is on the carte grise, which is managed by the prefecture - not the Gendarmerie.
But that does not tie up to a license. The offence which was a stitch-up by the way - I was happily overtaking a line of slow moving cars on my motorbike, when an unmarked Gendarme car coming the other way suddenly slapped a blue light on the roof, pulled a u-eee, and hooned back down the wrong side of the road to nick me.

These were from the caserne of Bons en Chablais, and my local Gendarmerie is Morzine, so was wondering how (if at all) it all ties up.

I was just wondering if anyone had changed their license, and found that old French motoring offences were retrospectively applied upon issuance of the license.

@davidof I have been here 13 years, so from what you say, the CRB checks are only applicable if you have been here less than 10? Are there any other things where the longevity of residence will count in ones favour.
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy