Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saint Martin de Bellville - Recommendations please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am going to Saint Martin for my first trip and wonder if anyone can give me a couple of tips, please.

We are staying down the hill at Saint Jean and so need to drive to the lifts each day. Any tips on where to park?

Also can anyone recommend a ski hire place please. We would like one where we can deposit our skis at the end of the day (since we are driving).

... unless there are also ski lockers at the lift station?

Thanks for any tips.

Are there lift lockers?
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TheManOnTheBus,

There is a very big (free) car park 100 metres from the bottom of the gondola in St Martin. You should have no difficulty finding a parking space there. I am not aware of any lockers at the lift station and I'm not sure about rental shops where you can leave your kit each day. I'm sure others will be able to comment on that though.
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When I've been down that way the car park at Le Bettaix also seemed to have plenty of space. It's a little bit further, but as you're having to drive anyway only a few minutes. The chair from there would give you an alternate start that would put you into the middle of Les Menuires for a bit of variety.
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you, both. Just bumping this up to see if anyone then can recommend any of the rental shops. I see from their website that SkiSet do offer Free Lockers, but I can't work out how convenient it is for the lift or the car parking.

TMOTB
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@TheManOnTheBus, I think the SkiSet shop is near the foot of the drag lift, i.e. in the centre of the old village by the church. Okay if you are staying in the village itself, but there is limited parking in that area. The larger car parks are a bit further south, near the gondola station.
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah yes, thanks, eureuil. I have found a map now. The Intersport is next to the gondola (and big car parks) but I cannot see whether they have ski lockers there.
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The guys at the shop by the gondola (on your left as you walk up the short road from the car park) are very good and offer a friendly service. I think I t used to be Twinners, but now I think it is Intersport or possibly Gosport Montaigne. Not sure if the shop is big enough to have ski lockers though. (I doubt it). As well as parking in the village, we tend to park up on the main road where there is a big layby just uphill from where the tunnel/piste goes under the road. Just have to bear in mind that, if you go for a drink by thr gondola at the end of the day, it's a bit of a hike back up, so better to drive the car down to the village first!

The main car park usually has space however, though in peak weeks it can be harder to find a spot.
We tend to lob the skis in the back of the car if there's space or put them on the roof rack at the end of the day -neither of which is too much hassle.
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks, @Perty. I guess no lockers. Back of the car it is then ... or hire a roof rack.
latest report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can second @Perty's recommodation regarding hire shops. Last year our friends rented skis from there and they also serviced my snowboard - excellent friendly service. We had an apartment overlooking the large car park and it was never completely full (it was busy) and we were there at new year. No lockers near the base of the gondola that I noticed. You could try asking the hire shop if can you leave your hired skis overnight? I have known many people to do this before but we didn't try in Saint Martin as we were staying so close to the lift.
ski holidays     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy