Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Powdair looks like it's happening

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Bergmeister, I guess it refers to the fuel rather than the alcohol, but basically leasing a crewed, maintained aircraft rather than just leasing the plane and having to source pilots and mechanics etc separately.
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The more Gucci term for wet lease is ACMI. aircraft, crew maintenance and insurance. The lessee normally pays for the fuel and airport costs.
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Powdair looks interesting but so many of the flights are not on a Saturday and indeed none from the airports convenient to me south of London are on this day. If I book early I can get a car and 4 flights to Geneva at sensible times for about £250 all in less than powdair before the transfer cost. So I will do the 2 hour each way trip for that ! Makes much more sense if buying 1 or 2 tickets or you need a very large car which attracts silly premiums. Any way I wish them success as if they survive then I'm sure the options will get better. This season I had booked before their price list was released but I think my decision would have been the same nonetheless for now.
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I hope once Powdair are established they can offer better options from Manchester. Flights currently are Thursday and Saturday only, so no chance of long weekend trips.
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

so many of the flights are not on a Saturday

One of the major attractions of Powdair is that they make the long weekends do-able. I shall still have friends who will use Geneva, they like the train ride etc, but for my son to come out for weekends its looking good.
snow conditions     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy