Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free your ride!

Buying Ski Boots.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
You could say that. Very much decent and very much recommended, by many of the forum regulars.

See http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=116621

It will be costlier, it will take longer, bur you will be getting the right boots for your feet, from a man who is an expert in both ski boots and in feet.

Well worth it.

https://www.solutions4feet.com/
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds great, much appreciated!
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go to Decathalon, you can use the boots and if you don't like them you have a year to take them back, yes, even after you have used them! Try getting that guarantee off a boot fitter.
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That does sound like a good deal but a reputable boot fitter will have selected the correct boots for your feet in the first place and will happily do any fine tune that's required as the liners bed in.
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nevis1003 wrote:
Go to Decathalon, you can use the boots and if you don't like them you have a year to take them back, yes, even after you have used them! Try getting that guarantee off a boot fitter.

can you ask decathlon for holidays refund as well? Proper fitting boots make your holidays much more enjoyable. I have no joy of taking boots that were cheaper and getting a refund on it.
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
wow, some more duff advice.

What's the point in buying something in the acceptance that it's very possibly the wrong thing just because you can take it back? Why not buy the right thing in the knowledge that you won't have to?
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The 'usual suspects' now have a boot buyback scheme ( some say scam ) going on. Basically, buy a footbed, add a small insurance charge and if after all attempts of their staff to overcome discomfort, then you can ask them for the 'buyback offer' which is a high percentage of the boot price i believe.
I see quite a few customers take it up...Please nobody ask me for further details as i was completely not interested...
latest report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Tim Heeney, sorry but that post is so utterly vague and lacking in substance that if you can't provide any more details people are going to assume you just made it up.
snow conditions     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boot fitters only fit boots they have in their shop to sell, lots of people have boots from boot fitters that don't fit, the point about Decathalon is that they take them back, boot fitters don't.
I don't understand this dangly bits about boot fitters why do you need somebody else to work out if your boots fit or not?
snow report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nevis1003 wrote:
Boot fitters only fit boots they have in their shop to sell, lots of people have boots from boot fitters that don't fit, the point about Decathalon is that they take them back, boot fitters don't.
I don't understand this dangly bits about boot fitters why do you need somebody else to work out if your boots fit or not?

Because on your own you simply don't know what a boot that fits feels like. You might be lucky, but it then is down to luck. I may, as an experiment, go into to Decathlon and try and fit myself. I know what size I should be etc. No idea about boot anatomy to fit my foot shape though. Then who is going to make the footbeds, or do you just go for cut to fit? Same re the heating of the inner and sometimes even shell.
latest report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nevis1003 wrote:
Boot fitters only fit boots they have in their shop to sell

Hence why it's important to go to a boot fitter who stocks lots of boots. This is where I bought mine, the photo shows about half the rack. And they do each style in lots of sizes...

Quote:
lots of people have boots from boot fitters that don't fit

Then they went to a bad boot fitter didn't they.

Lots of people have been ill after going to a restaurant. It doesn't mean that you can always get better food by cooking it yourself, using ingredients that the supermarket lets you take back if you change your mind.
snow report     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy