Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Liquid Image Co

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Whilst reading the "Helmets with visors" http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=71725 thread, I noticed a link to a Liquid Image Summit Series goggles which upon clicking didn't work.

Using my Google powers I discovered that Liquid Image Co have gone bankrupt and filed for bankruptcy Jan 2017. This might be widely known among fellow snowHeads, but I wasn't aware and owning a pair of the Apex model was a little surprised at discovering that they're no more.
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Doesn't surprise me. I'ved skied with the guys who own a moderate/small goggle brand in the US and they say they wouldn't touch built in cams and GPS with a bargepole. Obsolescence is one concern but primarily the dynamics of warranty returns is vastly different for consumer electronics.
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Doesn't surprise me. I'ved skied with the guys who own a moderate/small goggle brand in the US and they say they wouldn't touch built in cams and GPS with a bargepole. Obsolescence is one concern but primarily the dynamics of warranty returns is vastly different for consumer electronics.

Whilst I fully understand and appreciate the concerns and exposures with such a product regarding obsolescence and managing warranty returns, I thought they were relatively well established, although still a young company, to have reduced these exposures. Guess not. From what I recall, they had a number of different models across a range covering skiing, motocross & scuba diving. I don't recall there being one that incorporated GPS at the time I purchased mine, but that's not to say there wasn't one later on.

Certainly the POV camera sector is a hard nut to crack, especially with an established leader such as GoPro to compete against.
snow conditions     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy