Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All season tyres?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Gazzza, I used to swap winters out in April. And back on in Nov. However, now I have crossclimate on I have them all year round. As is said earlier. About 80% of winter grip compared to full winters. But I use them in the snow in Scotland without a problem.
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I currently need 8 tyres as both my winters and summers are shot. Thinking though of just buying a set of Nokian Weatherproof SUVs for my Qashqai. They seem to come out as the best all seasons for snow, etc. Important for me as I spend the majority of my time in L2A, however as I'm there so much I often have the luxury of not having to move when conditions are at their worst. Any experiences or thoughts?
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Claude B, can you make it through to November on what you have currently got? Do you do many miles?

If answers are yes and no then you could get by on the best of your current sets and then buy a new set of winters and leave them on all year. When they get below about 5 mm buy new winters for the other rims and use good winters in winter and second best set in summer. Only compromise there would be a bit of loss of summer performance. Based on a few years of running one car on two sets and swapping and the other (low mileage) car on winters all year round I reckon this would work well and be cost effective.
latest report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@DJL, No they won't last that long. I'm running on the winters atm to finish them. I'll almost certainly just run with one set, changing and storing them is a pain. I dont do a huge amount of miles, mostly in France.
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I did 2 years on a pair of winter tyres (summer and winter) on Italian roads, bit noisy and sluggish but good in the rain and no worries in the snow. My wife put 4 season tyres on and they seemed like a good balance of grip on dry/wet and comfort. Reasonable price for 16 inch wheels but for 18s virtually impossible to get a good deal. Some areas of Italy require you by law to have winter or 4s tyres on from Nov-Apr and you have to have the correct speed rated tyres on the can in summer (and one level lower in winter) Not that anyone ever checked them on mine Wink
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I get the impression that 'all season' types have improved immeasurably in the last few years. I've been running two sets summer/winter for the last few years, but I'm a bit fed up of that now.

Next time I need to change tyres I'll be swapping to the General Grabber AT3. If you need an off-road capable tyre and you want something winter capable, then this seems to be about the only choice.
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Like many I used to have two sets but have gone over to 4 season (Michelin Cross Climate) and am very happy with them. I think they have improved greatly.
snow conditions     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've ordered the Nokian Weatherproofs from Tyreleader. They're currently in transit from Germany. £104 a corner for my Qashqai.
ski holidays     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy