Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The April edition of Fall-Line magazine has an interesting article on Mürren. However I noticed one mistake - it said that the black piste from the top of the Schilthorn was 75°! Shocked Of course they should have said it's 75% (where 100% equates to 45°). Doing the maths the actual slope angle is arctan(0.75) = 36.9°, still quite steep but not as terrifying as the article implies. Laughing
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alastair Pink wrote:
The April edition of Fall-Line magazine has an interesting article on Mürren. However I noticed one mistake - it said that the black piste from the top of the Schilthorn was 75°! Shocked Of course they should have said it's 75% (where 100% equates to 45°). Doing the maths the actual slope angle is arctan(0.75) = 36.9°, still quite steep but not as terrifying as the article implies. Laughing

I found it pretty terrifying Laughing

I was actually talking to a maths teacher when i was there. He told me it was 36.9 degrees. And pointed out that the steepest road in the UK is 33%, so the Schilthorn is quite steep.
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Hundschopf on the lauberhorn course is 41° but is only a short section, the final schuss is 36° it always looks steeper from the top looking down opposed to the bottom looking up snowHead
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Still very good snow on Salzegg this morning if you're thinking of coming for Easter weekend.

snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
New snowmaking between Gummi and Tschuggen to be installed. This is great news as it will ensure the connection between Männlichen and Scheidegg opens earlier in the season.

http://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/154469/
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It will let you go from Mannlichen to Kl Scheidegg but possibly not the other way, typically at the start of the season high winds often strop off any snow on the slopes above the Arven and in particular Honegg lifts, you can still use the road to go through the woods to the Tschuggen lift but it often requires a bit of walking
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wow! New skipass for next season covering Jungfrau Region, Gstaad, Meiringen and Adelboden/Lenk. 666km of pistes for CHF666, as long as you buy before 15th December.

http://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/154626/
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
telford_mike wrote:
Wow! New skipass for next season covering Jungfrau Region, Gstaad, Meiringen and Adelboden/Lenk. 666km of pistes for CHF666, as long as you buy before 15th December.

http://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/154626/

That sounds a pretty good deal for anyone who is out there for more than say 2 weeks in the season. Cool
snow conditions     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They're building a huge wooden cow at Maennlichen - it's going to need to be well padded in Winter as its right next to the Ski School!
https://panocam.skiline.cc/maennlichen
Laughing
snow report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sherlockis wrote:
They're building a huge wooden cow at Maennlichen

That's udderly amazing.... Madeye-Smiley
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Was up there a couple of days ago. Think it might be a slide, but you never know,

latest report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@telford_mike, I hope they'll have an appropriately sized cow bell to attach to it! Madeye-Smiley
latest report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
haha, magic, I don't even want to know what our Swiss friends are thinking with that.. Can't wait for winter. It's too bloody hot here.
snow report     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy