Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Villa/Alta Badia - good place for a half term trip?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Family of mixed abilities. Couple of us want easy blues. I want an easy life on blues and reds but won't get it because my daughter will be dragging me down reds and blacks. Not into apres v much. Want somewhere quietish at half term (17-24 Feb - which seems to "miss" Italian half term)
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I Like la Villa and Alta Badia is fairly quiet, even at half term (when we went). The runs down from Piz La Ila - One is the world cup run and the other a definite red. You can always download.
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alta Badia is 'Blue' heaven with the opportunity to visit other areas if you want something 'harder'
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's also a blue way back down if you don't fancy the World Cup GS run or the adjacent red, but it does have a bit of poling iirc.
As above, the rest is blue heaven.
Never been during half term, since the sH Bash is always just before that.
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I like Arabba for it's easy access to the Sella Ronda and the Marmolada but it is very quiet at night. We usually stayed at the Malita.

Be aware that there is a lot of accommodation on offer under the Alta Badia name that requires a bus trip then multiple lifts to get on the Sella Ronda. Corvara is a better choice IMHO.
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@TQA, thanks. I see what you mean about difficulty of getting to Sella Ronda from alta badia. We'd not be doing Sella Ronda anyway, probably just a few runs nearer to alta badia.
snow conditions     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Trust me your daughter will want to do the Sella. It is slightly easier anticlockwise but get an early start.

Fast intermediates can do both directions in one day.

Enjoy!
ski holidays     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy