Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2016/2017

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wouldn't it have been more French to have the opening ceremony on the last day of the season Toofy Grin
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The lifts have now closed over in La Plagne as well today, but what a great finish to the season. They managed to keep the link to Les Coches open just and so we finished with a ski across the whole paradiski area with some of the group heading down to the Champagny picnic hut for lunch whilst we made one final trip off the back of the Bellecote. A great way to finish the season. More details over on the Les Arcs thread and photos on the Les Arcs Winter facebook page. Enjoy! Very Happy
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So, with 8 months now to go before La Plagne opens again, it is back to spying on the place by webcam.
Bergerie looks rather sad, with of a lot of brownish snow.
And i don't think i've ever seen the snow line so high on the other side of the valley as seen from the Montalbert camera.
Meantime it seems winter - and snow - has returned to Austria.
I wonder what next season will bring . . .
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonpim wrote:
So just what was the point of that "ceremony" on March 30th?
Lets hope it does really open for next season - would have been really useful this season when the run down to La Roche became Himalayan before the final road.

The stream that runs across the track was making an appearance each afternoon as well Confused

All credit to the Tourist office for keeping the camera running - I suspect that some commercial interests would want it turned off when snow conditions are shown as less than perfect! Even in March ...
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, boredsurfin, have you had a look at those cameras recently?
Winter has returned!
Bergerie is looking better than it has for weeks
And the snow even made it down to Montalbert.
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@boredsurfin, It sure has changed since you posted on Sunday. I can see snow down to Montchavin in the trees from my place and very white higher up. Will post again later after I have been out skinning. It is looking good right now! Very Happy
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow disappearing fast.
Temperatures up to 17C today: http://www.la-plagne.com/
But then back to snow and freezing tomorrow!
Funny old thing this Spring weather.
snow conditions     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The snow was back again this morning, but the temps are up and down and then up again very fast. It did look very white even lower down in the morning, but now the snowline is moving back up. Unless it snows again tonight of course!! A few more weeks with fresh snow would be fun even if the lifts are closed. But talking to one friend he now wants the summer to arrive so that he can get on with his other work! A nice couple of fresh powder days next weekend would finish the season for me just right! Very Happy
snow conditions     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You know stats are genuinely BS when Montalbert is labelled 14th snowiest place in the world....beating Whistler. Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://www.j2ski.com/snow_forecast/
ski holidays     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@thefatcontroller, Shocked
ski holidays     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin wrote:
@thefatcontroller, Shocked

Laughing Laughing
snow report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And Champagny 11th, with Les Arcs not even in the top 20!

But not looking so snowy on the webcam.

We hope to be in La Plagne next month - anyone or some whitewater rafting?
Might even give the Tignes glacier a go.
snow conditions     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jonpim, Try SUP down at Centron with Lime Ski school Craig http://www.standuppaddleboardfrance.com
Tignes glacier has to be done followed by lunch in the hot sunshine down by the lake, followed by a round of golf if you are so inclined!
I take it you know of Plan d'eau at Aime. http://locationlaplagne-paradise.fr/plan-eau-versants-aime-la-plagne/ a great spot for a picnic or a full blown French style BBQ and maybe some Parcour followed by a refreshing swim in the lake.

We'll be in Monty from 17th onwards, looking forward to electric mountain biking around La Plagne, off on an early start (long drive) to watch TdF on the 19th (stage 17)
snow conditions     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lots of good ideas boredsurfin.
Definitely hope to do Tignes glacier - not done summer skiing since Zermat in 1990.
I didn't know about Plan d'eau, but i'm sure Shewhomustbeobeyed does.
And of course, the day you get to Monty is the day we get home to UK Sad
snow report     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Jonpim, of course! How do we manage to plan it! Shocked
snow report     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy